• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] How do you keep your fish organized

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What macros do you use or how do you organize your fish quickly?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With UOAssist, all I currently use is Organize agent to move all my fish, crustaceans, and rewards into one pack. You only have to do 1 agent for the different body types, (both grouper-style fish facings, both dorado-style (catfish, amberjack, etc.) fish facings, both pike-style facings, both trout-style facings, and the 4 original fish body types), that works for all three fish categories (Shallow, deep, dungeon), and of course, adding the 2 crab facings and 2 lobster facings, 1 bait cup of any bait, and 1 hook). This leaves small fish in your main pack, as well as books and PS.

It would be possible to set up another organizer bag with the 8 footwear and the small fish, then toss the bag (and change the target bag) as needed, but I just drop them to decay, or merge them with BODs as needed, and consume all the magical fish (the truly rare fish are good for recalling heavy out of a dungeon, as the three magical fish that buff go off as their equivalent low-level mage buffs cast at GM Eval (Strength, Agility, Cunning)).

I keep my Giant Beetle with me when fishing, as all unneeded fish get taken to my alliance's communal fish boxes. When I hit weight, I open the bag I sorted into, and my beetle. If I'm on my ship, I'll take each fish stack out, and if it goes into one of my quests, I drop it into the matching quest crate (part of it if there's more than the quest has left). Fish not needed get sorted neatly into the beetle for transferal to the communal boxes. After all the fish types are in the beetle, then you can just drop them onto the beetle and the stacks stay neat.

In the storage house, it's 1 box per "Book", with 1 pack per body type in each box (treating the original 4 as 1 type), with the boxes engraved as to which book they correspond to. The Crab/lobster box is slightly different in that we put all the plain ones in one pack, the named crabs in the second, and the named lobsters in the third.

Last edited:

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 chests set up at my home, One for regular fish/lobster that i use to turn in reward points for the brit boat, one chest with bags in it labeled alphabetically all the fishes in game, and third chest is for the lobster/crabs to reside in. I fish bring it all home and throw into one of three chests. I do have a common use chest which i stock with 10 each type for our shard to use, i fill it up once or twice a week and make sure there are 10 of everything in there for players to swap out!