• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] How do you guys do it?

S

Sumadyan

So im back to UO again (on/off since 1999) and browsing through the forums for changes additions etc..

I see vendors with dozens of hammers and high end bod rewards, like ones with multiple gold aggy barbed stuff. How? I read up on bods and some on the bod cycling and did try it myself but it still seems to me that its a chore. Do folks just do it over and over to hoard the stuff? Or scripting?

I put .1 smithy and tailoring on my non crafting chars to collect bods for cycling and go from there. Is that a good way to go about it? Or is there a better system of doing this? Anyone mind sharing?

Sumadyan & Crazy Irvin of GL

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
one thing I do is, now that I'm to the point that only plate would give gains on a couple of my smiths, is fill all the normal iron BODs from NPCs (the weapons you can't find on a blacksmith, are sold by weaponsmiths, which can be found in Moonglow, Jhelom and other places). I do the same for the cloth & leather normals, though I typically throw away full apron, body sash, surcoat and bonnet smalls, unless I'm bored (those can't be bought from an NPC). The best places for filling cloth BODs are multi-tailor shops like Nujelm.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Have fun, do what you can, plug away at it, don't sweat the not having anything better than a bronze runic. I was working on getting runics and finally got a barbed runic but still have to get anything better than a bronze only now with imbuing I am working on that so not wanting to do much bods. Some day hopefully before they close the doors on UO I will get my val runic :drool:

S

Sumadyan

Thanks guys. Cycled about a 100 bods this weekend and actually got some nice smalls for the effort. Maybe I'll get me a decent hammer afterall.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My friends who do it have a routine. They've marked a whole circuit of smithy shops on all facets. Once a day, they make the trip.

S

Sumadyan

Im doing the same thing now too :)
}He cycler bods - get with my .1 smiths are like all low end shields that I can buy and quickly fill. Sucks that at first its only 20 at a time the npc's sell.