• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you get enhanced aids?

• Thread starter Ethereal_Corpse
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Foutains of Life. You put a bunch of bandages into a Fountain if Life and it turns 10 bandages a day into enhanced bandages.
Enhanced bandages give +10 Healing and Anatomy when used as far as i know so don't think they work any better on pets.

Z

Zodiac19

Yes, Fountain of life and they do work with the vet skill giving an effective +10 even over your skill cap.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to add that you can put a large stack of bandages into the fountain at a time and leave it to convert them in bundles of 10 each day. Some players have a whole stack of fountains running at the same time to keep them supplied ;)

Wenchy

U

uoBuoY

I have 18 FoLs and they are fantastic. They add 10.0 points to Vetting but not to Rezzing.

T

Turdnugget

+10 even over your skill cap
I thought in order to get the bonus of +10 you have to have been scrolled for past whatever your real is..

Example: I have 100 real vet, and 110 scroll used. Using enhanced bandages gives me 110 vet now.

I have 100 real vet, no scroll used. I only get 100 vetting even when using enhanced bandages since i'm not scrolled...

I didn't think you could go past 120... since no other skill/item can do that other than an Ash hammer.

Anyone know?

U

uoBuoY

I thought in order to get the bonus of +10 you have to have been scrolled for past whatever your real is..

Example: I have 100 real vet, and 110 scroll used. Using enhanced bandages gives me 110 vet now.

I have 100 real vet, no scroll used. I only get 100 vetting even when using enhanced bandages since i'm not scrolled...

I didn't think you could go past 120... since no other skill/item can do that other than an Ash hammer.

Anyone know?
I believe in UO Guide...http://www.uoguide.com/Enhanced_Bandage

O

Old Man of UO

I think it was Draconi who answered this one twice... Maybe Wenchy will remember. First he said it did not help when you were at your skill cap, then he examined the code and said it did give the +10 bonus even at 120 vet skill.

This was posted in UHall last year some time. Did I remember the details correctly?

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was Draconi who answered this one twice... Maybe Wenchy will remember. First he said it did not help when you were at your skill cap, then he examined the code and said it did give the +10 bonus even at 120 vet skill.

This was posted in UHall last year some time. Did I remember the details correctly?
Yes you are correct, i'll try to find the quote later. But i as well as others have tested and confirmed that w/enhanced aids you do heal more even at cap. IE im 120 healing/anat and with enhanced aids i heal more than with regular...not sure on pets but i would figure the same.

R

RichDC

Yes you are correct, i'll try to find the quote later. But i as well as others have tested and confirmed that w/enhanced aids you do heal more even at cap. IE im 120 healing/anat and with enhanced aids i heal more than with regular...not sure on pets but i would figure the same.
Check the link the guy posted for uoguide then follow the link to the FoF.

It says that yes it raises your skill above cap in the calculation for the ammount you heal,...but...it doesnt raise your success calculation for res's, then he also said that it can raise your chance of curing poison...little wierd that!

E

Ethereal_Corpse

So they heal pets the same as normal aids? Thanks guys

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me see if Im getting this... If Im at 120 healing or 120 vet, it will add +10 healing/vet even if im at my cap, but not to rezzing? correct?

Grimwar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me see if Im getting this... If Im at 120 healing or 120 vet, it will add +10 healing/vet even if im at my cap, but not to rezzing? correct?

Yes

Here is the http://www.uoguide.com/Five_on_Friday_-_January_25,_2008

It says

"Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap," redux:

Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:

"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."

What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.

(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)

Thanks to Athos for very kindly pointing out that we'd overlooked something :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm, I wonder if that really includes the top skill cap of 120 or just caps below that of GM, 110 and 115. I can't say I noticed a difference using them with a 120 skill tamer, but I think you'd need to lore after every bandage to see for sure how it affected the hps healed. Something to test methinks ;)

Wenchy