• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] How do you get an Ancient SOS from an MIB?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never gotten an Ancient SOS in the past and have been trying for them the past couple of weeks. I've gotten 66 MIB's this quest without any being an Ancient one. 0/66 is certainly not the documented 'about 1/25. Are Ancient SOS's turned off while the booster is being worked on or is there a certain situation in which you need to open the bottle? Perhaps hicupping stone drunk at a moongate with both moons full overhead? :shots: :)

A

A Stoned Mariner

Its random. The 1/25 is not a guarantee. Like you fish up 25 and you must get 1. It is just the average. Which means you could fish up 100 mibs and not get one.

Just keep trying, fishing is all random dumb luck and streakyness. You may fish up 5 mibs tomorrow and get 2 asos in them.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RgR that is just a bad string of luck

Keep opening them and you will find a few eventually.
:popcorn:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its random. The 1/25 is not a guarantee. Like you fish up 25 and you must get 1. It is just the average. Which means you could fish up 100 mibs and not get one.

Just keep trying, fishing is all random dumb luck and streakyness. You may fish up 5 mibs tomorrow and get 2 asos in them.
Very true :( The system has no memory and each opening of a mib has a 1/25 chance.

I find the ASOSs come in streaks for me, As with many things in UO.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's streaky for me too. I normally don't get any, but when I do it's like 2 or 3 in the same batch.

O

Old Man of UO

Just curious if anyone has found an Ancient SOS in the new treasure chests? I've found several regular SOS's, but none of them turned white. I assume it's possible but haven't heard if anyone has found one.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's been a couple people who have already reported ASOS from the MIBs in T-map chests, in other threads.