• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you feel about people pretty much demanding to be tipped?

T

TKSpeedy1

Just curious. I was just at a store to trade a lava game card. The key word is TRADE. I traded with a roomie, so no one received money...Neither of us were selling. And she pretty much insisted that I tip her for helping me. Now, I don't mind tipping, but I thought it was rude of her to expect and insist upon it. What does everyone think? Am I over reacting?

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol
I would have said "don't eat yellow snow"
Thats a tip right?

I'm a tipper, but if someone told me to tip them I'd purposely not.

G

I would tell her she should put in a pay door to come and trade with her.
She doesn't want a tip - she wants to be paid for making herself available to facilitate card movement.

(Do pay doors still work? I haven't set one up on a long time.)

I

imported_Qute Pi

Reminds me of restaurants adding the tip to the bill of 6 or more people.
What I do is usually tip 20%. Some places add 15% automatically.
I don't think its up to them how much I decide to tip, but in all reality they lose out on 5% I would have given had they left it up to me.

G

Did you tip her? I sure as hell wouldn't. I don't appreciate people *demanding* anything of me as a guest just as I won't *demand* anything of a host, I will reward them if they provide it after I ask politely but I won't demand it.

I was at a lot in TC3 a few nights ago, and the roomie kept droning ON and ON about people not picking up their plates. She overdid it so much that people who normally would have picked up their plates STOPPED doing it because she was just being so snotty about it. That's a surefire sign of burnout and somebody with that kind of attitude just has no business being allowed to host. They need to take a break and go do other things that they find fun until they can act properly again, IMO.

G

Wehn I am at a house, I always tip. They are providing me a service that they are not being paid for so I feel it is up to me to help them out. As far as stores go, they are making money by selling items to people. There is an income being generated. The little amount of time I spend at stores, in my mind, does not consitute a tip. If someone demanded me to tip? Here's what I would say:

"Get a better attitude and I'll tip you next time!"

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Did you tip her? I sure as hell wouldn't. I don't appreciate people *demanding* anything of me as a guest just as I won't *demand* anything of a host, I will reward them if they provide it after I ask politely but I won't demand it.

I was at a lot in TC3 a few nights ago, and the roomie kept droning ON and ON about people not picking up their plates. She overdid it so much that people who normally would have picked up their plates STOPPED doing it because she was just being so snotty about it. That's a surefire sign of burnout and somebody with that kind of attitude just has no business being allowed to host. They need to take a break and go do other things that they find fun until they can act properly again, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tipped her $50. Now that I think about it, Maybe I should've been spiteful and given her $1?
Luckily this was on one of my two sims that actually has money.

T

TKSpeedy1

Thanks for the responses and laughs, guys! I needed that.

G

I think you should go back to that store and demand a tip for being a good visitor... lol

G

i just had over 15 sims on my property for over an hour, no one tipped, no one purchased any items, and very few picked up after themselves... i think everyone should treat their sims like real life individuals...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just curious. I was just at a store to trade a lava game card. The key word is TRADE. I traded with a roomie, so no one received money...Neither of us were selling. And she pretty much insisted that I tip her for helping me. Now, I don't mind tipping, but I thought it was rude of her to expect and insist upon it. What does everyone think? Am I over reacting?

[/ QUOTE ]

G

I've never heard of someone demanding to be tipped. Thats sorta funny. I might tip more often if my sim actually had any money but she's completely broke.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

i just had over 15 sims on my property for over an hour, no one tipped, no one purchased any items, and very few picked up after themselves... i think everyone should treat their sims like real life individuals...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats sad. Eventually this is why no one will bother to open their properties...

I

imported_CherryBomb

If you think about it, there are a heck of a lot more people demanding to be served than demanding to be tipped. ("Food plz." "I need songs.") I don't blame her.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you allow them to stay there for over an hour if it was obvious they weren't going to buy anything and were just taking advantage of free food? There's no reason sims would be at a store lot for that long without buying anything other than to pad visitor hours. If somebody is padding visitor hours like that, then yeah I think he ought to pay for the food that the sims eat while they are there, so part of the responsibility for that situation lies on your own shoulders, IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you think about it, there are a heck of a lot more people demanding to be served than demanding to be tipped. ("Food plz." "I need songs.") I don't blame her.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

"Food plz." and "I need songs." by themselves are not demands.....it's 'would somebody PLEASE fix some DAMNED HC!!!' (yes I heard exactly that once) and "Gee it would be nice if somebody would serenade since they have the creativity" and stuff like that that are demands. To me the first two are simple requests, especially if the sims say please and thank you.

I

imported_rpsky3

i had the same thing happen to me. maybe the same store. she demanded a tip due to what the devs did to their store yesterday. i left before i heard what the devs did. i will not tip when someone demands it. i only tip when i feel it is well earned or they feed my sim. My sim does not eat at the stores.. i just go in, get what i need and head out. sorry. no tip from me. card trading is what they offer as a service. it states on the bio.. free trades ... no tipping

I

Isimsalotta

<blockquote><hr>

I think you should go back to that store and demand a tip for being a good visitor... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should get a reward tip if we find any hiding simz, what do you think ??
lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should get a reward tip if we find any hiding simz, what do you think ??
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL indeed....a 'finders fee' of sorts eh?

N

Natalius Lynn

The house I room out, I run around and serenade when asked, make hc when asked, and i don't really expect tips or ask for them. I thank people when I get them. I noticed that I get more tips by not asking, than the roomies who hint that they want tips.

p.s. we have two signs at our house that tell people to clean up their plates &gt;.&gt; and we throw fluffy objects at them when they don't. =P

G

<blockquote><hr>

The house I room out, I run around and serenade when asked, make hc when asked, and i don't really expect tips or ask for them. I thank people when I get them. I noticed that I get more tips by not asking, than the roomies who hint that they want tips.

p.s. we have two signs at our house that tell people to clean up their plates &gt;.&gt; and we throw fluffy objects at them when they don't. =P

[/ QUOTE ]

The reminder signs for tips and even the 'your mama doesnt live here anymore' signs reminding to clean up plates, though the latter lacks tact in the way they say it, doesn't bother me, its just situations like I encountered the other night where the roomie was every 5 minutes "LAZY ASS PEOPLE CLEAN UP YOUR PLATES". That's going overboard beyond tactless into just plain wrong IMO for a lot that is geared toward serving the public.

N

Natalius Lynn

Hoppefully it wasn't where I live that people were being moody. x.x If it was, ima hafta beat them with sock'emboppers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol
I would have said "don't eat yellow snow"
Thats a tip right?

I'm a tipper, but if someone told me to tip them I'd purposely not.

[/ QUOTE ]
For me, it's always;

"Buttercup - in the fifth at Hialeah."

G

Thats pretty obnoxious to demand a tip, I would have done the give money action and gave her $1.

T

TKSpeedy1

Yeah, now I wish I had done that....you know what they say...hindsight 20/20.

G

Like I tells the girls(servers) that work for me, if you don't expect a tip then it's a surprise but if you expect a tip and don't get it you get angry. It's a wasted emotion.

My suggestion...don't open your house if you don't like to host!

G

i dont think you should tip for a simple trade. If a store provided food and stuff, then maybe, tipping is for those lots that do NOT make money when people utilize their services. Stores make money when they sell their things.

T

TKSpeedy1

I'm starting to think about IMing the owner when she is on and asking her if I can get a free item from her store in exchange for the tip I gave because one of her employees demanded a tip.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL indeed....a 'finders fee' of sorts eh?

[/ QUOTE ]That would be AWESOME! People would be headhunting all the time for hiding sims... lol Hiding to save your green for work? Heck naw! I want my 5 bucks for finding you... lol

You think this has a possibility? lol &lt;--- sarcasm

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

Pay doors DO still work. I was at one that we had to pay 1 for entering and 1 for exiting to get the HC. The buffet was free. I had no problem with that. If the service is great, I will tip. If the service is poor, I will tip wayyyy less. To be told to tip is not cool. I would have left, or left a 1 simolean (or whatever it is called today) tip.

L

luvibunni

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

G

I have found a group of houses that I go to all the time. They host and take care of every visitor. I tip them all the time. I have given them my last simolean just to show how much I appreciated them opening their doors. And if I am broke? These same friends understand that I give more than most (taking into account those who don't tip at all) and know when I have some money I will tip to help out. If you can't tip? Offer to fix things if you have mech. I have done that and owners are very appreciative of this.

I

imported_rpsky3

If I am not able to leave a tip, i offer to teach for a few rounds the roomie that is giving great hospitality. I found that they really appreciate that too!

G

Heck roomies love that too because while hosting, they rarely get to skill. Great idea.