• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you color a large bed?

FaelynRose1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just returning to playing UO after a couple of years off. I kept my account and the house which was owned by it and I am in the process of updating my decore. How do you get a large bed with a colored blanket on it? For years I have wanted this pixel and now I see that UO has finally added it to the furniture choice. Thank you in advance for your help.

Lady Faelyn Rose
www.faelynrose.com

G

You have to craft the bed using one of the special woods they introduced with Mondain's Legacy (your account must be enabled with the expansion). Your bed's spread will be the same color as the wood. You have choices: oak, ash, yew, heartwood, bloodwood, and frostwood (now VERY rare).

Another way to get a special color for your bed is to craft it with a "rare" wood, then once you have created the deed, you must dye it with one of the special Pigments of Tokuno (artifacts from a series of events) BEFORE you place it. The bright colored dyes cannot be obtained in the game anymore and are getting increasingly expensive to get per charge. I use oak to make furniture for this purpose as it is the most plentiful "rare" wood, and then the item counts as an "artifact or enhanced item" and the dyes can be used on it.

Here is a picture of arcane circles dyed with the 10 original Pigments of Tokuno. (The original colors came 50 charges to a bottle. The new colors are dull metal ore colors and come 10 to a charge
).

-Skylark

G

TirNaNog made a nice pic with all the colors:

The first 6 are made from colored woods, the rest are dyed with original 10 Pigments of Tokuno.

Top Row
1. Frostwood
2. Bloodwood
3. Heartwood
4. Yew
5. Oak

Second Row
6. Ash
7. Nox Green
8. Shadow Dancer Black
9. Violet Courage Purple
10. Dryad Green

Third Row
11. Invulnerability Blue
12. Luna White
13. Rum Red
14. Berserker Red
15. Paragon Gold

Fourth Row
16. Fire Orange
17. Default Bed
18. Unmade Bed (from Heritage Collection token)
19. Broken Bed (from Heritage Collection token)

-Skylark

FaelynRose1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Skylark SP for that very useful information. I purchased a bulk order deed for Frostwood and promptly made a beautiful bed for my house. If I knew how to take a screenshot I would post it, but alas, I am still a noob when it comes to many things. But thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,
Lady Faelyn Rose of Chessy
www.faelynrose.com

G

Oh, I love 10, 3, 9, and 1. And 18 is cute, reminds me of the way my bed usually looks. I'm in and out of it so much, it's unmade more than half the time. lol 11 is pretty, too. Heck, all are really nice, depending which color scheme one is going for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you Skylark SP for that very useful information. I purchased a bulk order deed for Frostwood and promptly made a beautiful bed for my house. If I knew how to take a screenshot I would post it, but alas, I am still a noob when it comes to many things. But thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,
Lady Faelyn Rose of Chessy
www.faelynrose.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you found it useful, Faelyn. And as a decorator, I get frustrated at this barrier to seeing other's work, so I have made a short tutorial, which I call Screenies 101. It is stickied in the FAQ on the Siege shard forum.

In that same FAQ thread, there is a link to another more detailed externally hosted tutorial by one of the mods which you might find helpful. However, unlike the link above, it requires you to leave the forums, and some people are not comfortable with that, which is why I made my short &amp; sweet version directly in the thread.

-Skylark

G

I really like all of the colors in that pic. I even like the agapite bed that Petra posted and I dislike the ToT2 shades immensely except on the beds and lampposts.

G

also worth noting, some of the small beds aren't quite the same colour.

Here's part of our Siege home, showing oak, yew, bloodwood and heartwood small beds

And our Felucca home on Europa, the small beds are oak and ash

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi, im trying to color a Large Bed with Paragon gold colors. I dyed my Oak wood first and tried to make a bed but it doesnt count as Oak or any other type of wood. It changed my Oak wood to normal. Only i cant use my wood at all for anything and it happen to be the whole thing of like 40,000 plus Oak wood. (Which is now worthless) since its not used for anything. What can i do? should i call a GM or will they take the whole thing away? Help

P.S. i thought it would keep it as Oak, but its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make the item with the oak wood then dye the item or the deed. It takes 1 charge of dye per item that you dye. If you were able to use the Tokuno dyes directly on the wood, and it converted it to plain, you need to submit a bug report. That isn't right.

-Skylark