• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how do you close completely the little brown global chat scroll

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't.
As far as i'm aware it not fully implemented in the game yet......you could say it's another "half finished" game mechanic. ;)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really its stuck forever? Instead of ruining old fish art please fix this. Yea I am still mad about that and the phoenix. Please let us remove that stupid tootsie roll thing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It showing a tiny scroll IS "having it closed".

IT remains on the screen because it's a permanent screen feature. And, if you have global chat on, and are showing yourself available for chat, the text on the scroll TURNS RED when you receive a message when closed down to the small scroll.

That way, you don't have to have a quarter of your screen blocked by the open GC scroll, waiting for messages that may or may not come.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I see it, Global chat is just an extension to General Chat.......which is just full of kids on about doing things to each others mothers in PvP......waste of time and resources which is why it never got finished.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want the scroll gone ... how?
Since the scroll is attached to Global Chat and displays for you I think you have the option to be in GC selected. Want scroll gone, drop out of GC by de-selecting it. <shrug>

See, I do not use GC (in CC) and therefore have no scroll.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The way I see it, Global chat is just an extension to General Chat.......which is just full of kids on about doing things to each others mothers in PvP......waste of time and resources which is why it never got finished.
So, you have absolutely no idea how it works?

It's not really a "global chat". It's more a "cross-shard private chat" system.

It's a system that you can add friends to, so that you can have PRIVATE 1-to-1 (no groups) conversations between the two of you while on any characters, any shards, so long as both of you have the chat on.

NO ONE can contact you through it without one of you adding the other and the recipient of the invite accepting the contact info.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you have absolutely no idea how it works?

It's not really a "global chat". It's more a "cross-shard private chat" system.

It's a system that you can add friends to, so that you can have PRIVATE 1-to-1 (no groups) conversations between the two of you while on any characters, any shards, so long as both of you have the chat on.

NO ONE can contact you through it without one of you adding the other and the recipient of the invite accepting the contact info.
Ahh, I've never "cross-sharded" so I really have no need of this chat.
Cross sharding still is the single worst thing to happen to UO in my opinion.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh, I've never "cross-sharded" so I really have no need of this chat.
Cross sharding still is the single worst thing to happen to UO in my opinion.
4th worse thing.

1. Losing the devs they lost when they moved from austin
2. Losing the devs they lost when they moved from Redwood Shores
3. Losing Draconi
4. Cross sharding

:D :/

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The GC is a new addition to UO, and allows people to communicate/message across shards. If you play UO all by yourself and have no friends elsewhere, it does not mean that we have to nuke it. So far it is the only messaging in the system you can send private messages to some1 else even in the same shard? Also it is a tiny little speck as a scroll. I cant see why we are all so OLD and strange about it. Since we are at it lets also nuke the cell phones, and all instant messaging systems...etc..etc..Cmon guys get real. Suggest something else like make it more readable etc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so noone knows how to close the damn thing ... great
Cant close it because it shows when you get a message.

Now you see it.

upload_2018-6-18_0-41-2.png

Now you dont

upload_2018-6-18_0-41-41.png

Put it behind that banner.

Unless you dont have that open.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Please tell me, did you ever get this thing closed by chance?
I also have it on one of my toons too (just one though which is weird); no idea how it got there. Would love to remove it from my screen (I don't have the bar showing to hide it either... I like a cleans screen).

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
set a macro to close gumps
oh ya, i guess that would work wouldn't it.
but do you have to do it every time you log in?