• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you build a custom house when another house blocks your view?

G

Someone in my guild gave me a bunch of gold and took me to a plot to build a house. The problem is that the top right section of my house is blocked by a very tall building. I can't see that area to place the walls. Circle transparency doesn't even show the stuff I am working on (I see the grass underneath).

I found the view things to hide walls and stuff, but that doesn't affect the house next to me. Surely there must be a way considering the housing density, people would be screaming about this until the fixed it.

G

Build one or two squares in and either leave the area blocked by the building just a dirt floor or throw grass and a few plants on it.

I had someone just place a house in a very tight spot next to mine (my fiance and I own houses just north/south of each other's, and had hoped that the spot next to us was too small/cramped for anyone to bother wanting). I'm glad they only built one story but it really is the most annoying thing I've ever dealt with in housing. Although I don't think I've ever had the transparency problems that you do... have you tried turning the circle down a bit? I usually leave mine at around 65, just big enough to see without making stuff near me totally invisible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yep, I really am SKG's fiancee!

[/ QUOTE ]Please tell me this is NOT the same SKG that pops into Stratics OT!

I felt the poster would get a better (if not best) response here than in Q&amp;A, so I shifted it. &lt;shrug&gt; Thanks!

R

Razzputon

I'm willing to bet your using the KR client maybe? If so you will want to download the 2D client. I use both clients. I'm one of the fwe who likes the Kr client but it still has issues. One of them being the issue your having with your custom house.

G

Yeah I do have the KR client. The problem with the 2D client is that I have a 24 inch wide screen LCD monitor and its native rez is 1920 x 1200. In other words, very high res. The 2D client has a fixed size and the result is a very small square that is UO. The text is so small, I have to lean in to read it, and even then its hard. Basically it is unplayable. I actually would prefer to run the 2d client but I can't deal with that problem. I have also found that UO in full screen mode (not just a big window) tends to crash after a few alt-tabs. My desktop is configured for the native resolution and I can not going to switch it to play a game. All my icons get hosed up every time NVidia installs a new driver, it is very annoying.

Well I guess I just wont have a back area to my house, although I think I must have put something on the 2nd floor because my house keeps telling me it is not fully supported (or something like that) and to find the orange squares and fix them. There are no visible orange squares I can see.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Yep, I really am SKG's fiancee!

[/ QUOTE ]Please tell me this is NOT the same SKG that pops into Stratics OT!

[/ QUOTE ]

The very same! I probably shouldn't be proclaiming I'm engaged to him in a sig though, eh? XD Might associate me with being a troublemaker or something! *giggle*

G

I have a 17 inch wide screen that is 1440x900, however my ATi control icon is right in my tray. Flip the bugger to 1024x768 for UO then back again.

G

Greatfellow

Yep, the only reason I don't go flat panel is that you are stuck with the native resolution if you want even decent graphic display. However, if you can live with the ugly display of a non-native resolution on your flat panel for a while, you can lower the resolution, do your dirty work in 2d, then leave it all behind when you get back into 3d and the native resolution.