• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do we cycle pet spawns fast?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is there a way you can cycle Cus for instance, FAST without losing karma? and other than just taming them? or taming them is the only way, then release them after a new one spawns? In trying to get better stats/color etc.
What about others : If they are evil all is ok, just use a sampire or other melee char and kill them fast..?
Like lesser Hiryus spawning them for color and stats prolly with a Cu since weak to cold etc? Also the Ninjas there are annoying and they are not peaceable either..lol
Thancs in advance for info..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tame and release the Cus. Only lose karma on the never tamed ones. Have to take a hit on Paragons.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tame them and then sick them on something nasty like a Paragon Cu and then just before they die... release them.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tame them and then sick them on something nasty like a Paragon Cu and then just before they die... release them.
That's what I do as well. You do not lose Karma when the released CU dies and you can even loot it. As for a Hiryu, I just take a normal pet, slaughter them until one I like spawns, beat it down a bit, then go stable what I was using. It doesn't take long to recall to the stable, drop off the pet and recall back. The ninjas are annoying but I just lead them away since they're faster than the beaten down Hiryu. Then I go back and tame it.

Getting rid of the paragon CU's, now, that does kinda suck. ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just kill them, take the karma to zero get some honor gains in the doing and then go spend some time with the balrons and get the karma back up and some more honor. And if needed cash in the fame for sacrifice and repeat.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's what I do as well. You do not lose Karma when the released CU dies and you can even loot it. As for a Hiryu, I just take a normal pet, slaughter them until one I like spawns, beat it down a bit, then go stable what I was using. It doesn't take long to recall to the stable, drop off the pet and recall back. The ninjas are annoying but I just lead them away since they're faster than the beaten down Hiryu. Then I go back and tame it.

Getting rid of the paragon CU's, now, that does kinda suck. ;)
I just lead the Ninja's and junk into the woods and leave them there... and kill the Hiryu's till I get a nice one but... that said I think I like the Lesser Hiryu as a FAR more viable pet... given it goes 1-5 rather than 3-5. But maybe that's me... I don't see the downside to a lesser over a full blooded hiryu.

Finegold

Journeyman
I just kill them, take the karma to zero get some honor gains in the doing and then go spend some time with the balrons and get the karma back up and some more honor. And if needed cash in the fame for sacrifice and repeat.
/agreed.

Faster than taming.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is there any way in game to check karma points like a command? No numerical value in CC?