• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do u feel about champ cams on LS?

G

GirlPower

So the past 2 days or so we have seen the same few blue "players" log in and out at champ spawns. Then as the champ pops up, (or when its redlined) the Cut3 guild shows up to raid...hmm Of course im not accusing their guild of using them, but thats who always shows up for the raid. Anyways if you see snipes, or kylie, or ginger (those are the 3 names im sure of) be ready to be raided. Good luck =)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ever since I have started playing LS I have found a good portion of players on this shard to be immature, selfish, rude and overall just annoying.. even worse than atlantic.

and yes to reply to the post above I have seen similar cams sitting and a few named guilds always show shortly after..

one thing I will say, LS is lacking skilled pvp'rs.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ever since I have started playing LS I have found a good portion of players on this shard to be immature, selfish, rude and overall just annoying.. even worse than atlantic.
If you're talking about Fellies, it's best if I don't say anything, really.

If you're talking about the general LS community? Then be aware that your view is very much at odds with how we're perceived by most players from other shards, where we tend to be viewed as one of the shards that are more new player-friendly, more helpful, more stuff to do if you're not in a big guild, than is average.

Awkward sentence there but you know what I mean I think.

There's lots of examples of our maturity, unselfishness, and politeness. I won't comment on being annoying, because lots of people seem to find helpfulness, maturity, unselfishness, and politeness to be annoying, so that's even more of a subjective judgment than the others.

-Galen's player

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was not referring to the trammies, this was strictly the fel crowd. I have no complaints about people whom I have met in tram/malas etc... should have made my previous post more clear.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not like ghost cams, but i do not think being raided is being rude.
If they want to come scout us with their character, (Not log in and log out) then raid us, no problem with that.

G

GirlPower

For sure, raiding is part of the game. Risk vs reward too. Its one of the very few ways pvpers can find any pvp without houses or guard zones. Some guilds do spawns just to get a fight. But using the cams is just lazy. I dont even care if people use spare chars and manually log in and out to check, its the scripting to log in and out then reading into the automap types I'm complaining about =(

D

Dark Druid

I agree with you all these ghost cams is a joke. and For what a chance a what a few powerscrolls that are not even worth that much anymore or just to kill you and say "oh we beat you 20 to 2".

W

Wilde1

my main champ toon is a necro/mage, i dont see ghost cams on LS. I do see champs getting scouted by actual players and have no problem with that. IMO its part of the risk/reward of fel.

O

Old Man of UO

I used to camp out at the Doom Gauntlet, logging in early every morning before the daily server save. I would clean up the rooms solo, or if anyone else was on I would help with the DF. For a while I kept seeing the same person every morning in Doom. I would jump in and help with the rooms and the DF.

After a week or so of this, he asked me how he knew when he was playing and if I had a ghost cam in Doom. I had to ask what a ghost cam was.

Still, I haven't had an issue with ghost cams, but I don't do a lot of Felucca spawns any more. It's part of the game mechanics, legal if not done with a script, so I really don't have an issue with it... done legally that is.