• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do u check the visitor hours of your own house if not on the top 10 list?

I

imported_sedusa

I cant say that I do, but I know there is no current bonus for visitor hours.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I cant even get on the 100 list....

Gah how I hate the 100 list....

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I cant even get on the 100 list....

Gah how I hate the 100 list....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too.. something really needs to be changed with the system. I mean, half the houses that are on it are offline at a given time.

G

In most categories if you're not on the top 100 list, then you don't HAVE any visitor hours. The hours for the 100th slot every time I've looked in most categories have been really, really low, so it doesn't seem like getting to #100 at least would take very many visitors for very long at all.

G

don't know if anyone knows for certain, lol, but I think it's something like average visitor stay in sim hours over a 3 day rl span

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

are the visitor hours counted by Sim Hours or RL Hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are counted in RL hours.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In most categories if you're not on the top 100 list, then you don't HAVE any visitor hours. The hours for the 100th slot every time I've looked in most categories have been really, really low, so it doesn't seem like getting to #100 at least would take very many visitors for very long at all.

[/ QUOTE ]The #100 store in EAL has 3 hours, 24 minutes. The 100th money house has 2 hours, 12 minutes. The 100th skill house has 1 hour, 20 minutes.

However, in Offbeat, only the top 24 Offbeat houses, top 63 Romance houses, and top 58 Welcome houses have any measurable time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

are the visitor hours counted by Sim Hours or RL Hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have always been counted by REAL LIFE hours. Gamer Anon has done alot of research and come up with the formula that most closely predicts what it's going to be up to 4 days out since it is a 4 day average, but I've got a migraine brewing and can't think. It is based on real life hours though, not sim hours, so that might be where you are thinking you have more visitor hours than you really do. The best thing you can do is get 3 friends with paid accounts (since free accounts dont' count toward VH anymore) to come hang out on your lot and do whatever it is you do on the lot (depending on the category). That will get you to show up on the map filter, which is what will draw more people into your property. Skills lots are especially difficult to get started right now, because most of them are 'all skills' now instead of being specialized like they used to be in the production cities, so with 35 sim capacity, even with the population we have now houses outside the top 10 usually dont' get alot of visitors, cuz there's no need.....houses in the top 10 meet every sim's needs, and they can switch from one skill to the other without having to switch lots. If I had my druthers the top 100 list for skills would be broken down into logic, mech, charisma, body, creativity, and cooking lots and no house would be able to do more than one, MAYBE 2 skills. That would spread the visitors out to other houses without even having to lower the capacity back down to 35. If 35 people wanna study cooking, great.....when one wants to go study another skill, they spread VH to another house. I think this would help *spread the wealth* so to speak when it came to VH.

I

imported_MollyG

I know that they did away with 'free' accounts counting towards hours in EA land, but did they also do away with it in TC3. if they did since most of the people that come through are free accounts, I would expect just about everyone to drop off the top 100 in a matter of time.

G

The #100 store in EAL has 3 hours, 24 minutes

The bottom store had 4 hours, 20 minutes earlier this afternoon. I've noticed that the hours are being recalculated in the afternoon rather than during maintenance like before. 75% of the earlier time is 3 hours, 15 minutes. That is the result of EAL being closed most of yesterday. 9x4=36 minutes of time yesterday.

Without visitor bonus, we can't easily tell what the VH calculation is currently but I doubt the dev's made a change to the algorithm. I haven't run any tests to see if free accounts are being excluded. I doubt it since Store hours in total haven't dropped much in the past several weeks. Assuming that the dispropriate store hours are coming from free accounts.

G

Cant you view your house in the facebook thing and see its hours?

G

During the merging of the citie sI didn't see it as fair because JP, if I remember correctly was 1st there. That means that all the EAL sims had to go to JP for all their needs. Of course the hours are going to be high we had no where else to go. The way I see it since now all the cities have merged the lists should be reset so we can start over. Because in essence we have started over.

Just my $.02.