• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do Scrolls of Alacrity work?

• Thread starter imported_Eleanor Rigby
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Eleanor Rigby

I just used a scroll of alacrity on a char and didn't get a single gain. She is at 99.3 begging and her base skills are at 606, so still room to grow. However not a single gain in the 15 minutes the scroll was active. Seems like a waste of a scroll now

G

stupid question, but the skill wasnt locked or turned down was it?

I

imported_Eleanor Rigby

Nope, I double checked that. Maybe I should have used it at a lower level, instead of waiting.

G

Alas, this seems to happen when you use the scroll on skills at the upper end. I myself ate a Stealing scroll at 89 and didnt see a single gain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Alas, this seems to happen when you use the scroll on skills at the upper end. I myself ate a Stealing scroll at 89 and didnt see a single gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I've had the same results.

G

It doesn't increase the number of gains, it increases how much you get when you DO gain.

G

Based on what I've observed/read, it appears the scrolls don't give you gains more often, they just increase the number of points you gain each time you go up (0.2-0.5 instead of 0.1). So at high skill, there is a real risk of not seeing a gain in the whole 15 minutes.

edit: oops ... too slow

J

JoyousGard

It all depends what your definition of 'Accelerated Gains' is. LOL What a joke.

Only value is for loser newb char with no skill. Go from 0-60 in 5.8

Make a new char and you can train begging to 60 in no time.

G

You could've just waited until you could get your Guaranteed Gain in Begging, then ate the scroll, get your gain as soon as you succeeded on Begging, then logged out in a safe zone and log on again when you could get your Guaranteed Gain and get another 0.2 - 0.5 skillgain. The timer on the Scroll of Alacrity doesn't run down when you're logged out in your house or an inn.

I

imported_Hanna

Best time to use scroll is at 50 skill level, although I gain 5 points wrestling using a scroll at 97.8 skill level went to 103, just depends.

I

imported_Eleanor Rigby

Thanks for the help everyone. I did misunderstand how they worked then.

Ah well - back to ggs and I'm almost there