• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do pet balls work?

D

Detharleon

they drop from solen queens (i believe) and have a number of charges associated with them. Basically you attune them to a pet and you can then summon that pet to you from the stable if you are out in the field some where.
There are changes coming out in the next publish that make some changes, they will have summoning animations (subject to interruption), will no longer be able to be hidden, etc.

M

MrMiagi

I've found some "crystal ball of pet summoning" for sale on a vendor, yet i try to buy them and it won't do anything? There's no buy option, even though they are priced for sale.

G

Pet balls have a glitch on vendors, just say "vendor buy" and target the pet ball to buy them.

Rey~

G

hmm they produce sperm and then the male pet hmm i think you know what hapends then. In the end small pets comes from the female pet.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have to be on the same level as the vendor to buy them . the work around is put a petball in a bag and sell the bag.

i have noticed some places (ilshenar i believe) your pet wont come out of the stable when called by a petball . you can however claim your pet , tell it to stay next to the stable , run to your target location , use the pet ball , and it will come to you.

you can recharge petballs with powder of translocation like you do with bag of sending. however , like bags of sending , pet balls also can be depleted . once they are used so many times you cant recharge them.

you have to go into the solom hive to get pet balls . you don't need any specific quest . just kill the queens . however it can take alot of time to get one to drop . if your gonna be in there a while you might want to do the matriarch quest to get friended (nothing but the giant beetles and ant lions will bother you)

.... and once you're friended you cant attack anything in the hive other than blue beetles and ant lions or you'll blow the friending . even an autodefence slap when you step in a green puddle will blow the friending.

this makes hunting the queens rather dificult if you cant attack them .

what you do is take a nightmare or cu sidhe . ride it into the hive , run up to a queen , hop off it and say all guard me (to get it into war mode ... you wont be able to loot if its not) wait for the queen to attack the pet .

its a rather long drawn out process and some would rather not bother . so its your call . buy the balls . or go get your own .

personally i get my own . i also redo the matriach quest freequently to get powder ... the spice must flow