• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I unprotect my PC completely ???? Please help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ok.,., nothing works here... Not even Tugsoft knows how to fix my UOA.

I had another idea but I need some tips....

If you guys were to unprotect your Windows XP SP2... to remove all possible protections, anti viruses, anti spywares, firewalls.... How exactly would you do that ? Step by step...
I will try this

I have the administrator status of my windows... I have disabled firewall, anti virus, and everything else here.,., What else can I do to unprotect my PC COMPLETELY ?
I want the minimal protection.,,.i wanna disable EVERYTHING so that maybe my UOA will work somehow.... I want to disable everything, since message pop up alerts to error messages.,.,., How do I do that ????????

I

imported_Goron

Still not working? thats sucks.
As for unprotecting everything:
I'd format, then install a fresh OLD copy of Windows. A copy that does not include any security updates. Then go to account settings and all that and disable firewall etc.

On a side note, have you tried playing on a different machine? And then next question, have you tried playing on a different machine (or even same one) from a different internet connection? Meaning not from your network, or even better on a different isp? It is possible your isp is blocking something, or even that a hop between you and uo/uoa server is blocking something.

edit:
http://www.castlecops.com/ those guys are great at giving tips to protect, maybe they can give tips to unprotect?

A

AntiOTF

These guys can fix anything computer related, and this definitely seems to be a problem with your computer, and not uoa. My guess would be your HD is on it's way out, but these guys will find the problem for 100% certainty. Just join the forum and start explaining your problems. Good Luck.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/

G

<blockquote><hr>

Still not working? thats sucks.
As for unprotecting everything:
I'd format, then install a fresh OLD copy of Windows. A copy that does not include any security updates. Then go to account settings and all that and disable firewall etc.

On a side note, have you tried playing on a different machine? And then next question, have you tried playing on a different machine (or even same one) from a different internet connection? Meaning not from your network, or even better on a different isp? It is possible your isp is blocking something, or even that a hop between you and uo/uoa server is blocking something.

edit:
http://www.castlecops.com/ those guys are great at giving tips to protect, maybe they can give tips to unprotect?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was thinking about formatting my PC again and this time installing Windows XP Service pack number ONE, my old CD ! But first, Id like to disable all the security and test it again here....

By the way, yes, I tested the game on other computer... I installed the game and UOA, exactly how I did to my computer, and it worked normally without problems on the other computer. But I want to use MY computer... Mine has more memory RAM, has excellent video card, is faster and all...

It must be some crap related to Windows configuration or windows security... There has to be a way to fix this instead of changing computers just to be able to run UOA. The other computer I tested has the same Windows mine does.. XP, service pack 2.,,. and I checked all the security settings and configurations, and everything IS IDENTICAL to mine... Which makes me feel like throwing myself outta window here....

It could be something related to DLLs too..perhaps I should find a dll library or,.,., god.,., I have absolutely no idea of what Im talking about anymore.,,. MWUAHAHAHAHHA

Thanks everybody for the replies.,.,
Hey ANTI OTF.,. It certainly is a problem on my computer... But the strange thing is that I formatted it and reinstalled everything from scratch.,., It shouldnt block my UOA... Anyway, ill check that forum... WIll also check the link that SPREE wrote...

P

pikon198

GAH! My uoassist stopped working now too you jinx!! looks like ima have to find a new online game to play as well cause uo without assist is non playable... The injustice of it all, ARRG!

G

PIKON !!
I havent forgotten your sarcastic jokes.,.,.,

Wait till Im back to Sosaria.. You shalst be my first prey !!! And it will be painful... Thou mayest bet !!!!

P

pikon198

Arrr, yee wouldn't harm a fellow red brotha would ya now kind sire..?

*tilts head to one side and grins a piratey grin*

G

That is a very bad idea, unless your PC is used for UO only, and has absolutely nothing else on it, and you never do any type of shopping or stuff on the Internet from it.

-Skylark

C

Chessy

Wyrm have you tryed to do it in Windows "safe Mode" ? That might help ???

Evil

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

have you tried to run the services.msc its the list of apps running. theres guides to what should and shouldnt be working.

and check your msconfig as well.

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

oh and try this....everyone, dump uoa play the damn game!

I

imported_mo'gluk

network was my guess but my knowledge of computers usually includes the infamous "drop test"

G

<blockquote><hr>

Your network card may be F'd.

[/ QUOTE ]

COuld be.. But its integrated to the motherboard...And it says its working fine with no conflicts.,.,., and I have the latest motherboard drivers installed here.....
grrr

Also, I have messed with the DEP, msconfig, windows services... blah blah blah.... Nothing, absolutely nothing works....INCREDIBLE

In safe mode the network doesnt work.. I cant even connect... so.. gasp

G

Do you know anyone who might have an external USB network adapter you can borrow to test? I have one I use for testing, and it makes things really easy, just plug in to available USB 2.0 port, use Windows Network Connections to temporarily disable the suspect connection, and test - no muss, no fuss.

If it turns out to be your onboard NIC, you can disable that on the motherboard and use an external one "permanently" or install a cheap one in a card slot inside...the cards are less than $15 now in many cases (external ones a lot more expensive obviously).

-Skylark

G

Gasp.,., Er.,,. yes.. I might try that tomorrow....
But.. Isnt it weird that everything else works fine ? Including UO client ? How come the network is screwed and everything else works except UOA ???
Doesnt make much sense to me but... Well....

Cant believe a ridiculous 250k little pathetic program is causing all this drama to me here.... Whats the deal ?? My god.....

It should just work after a full uninstall and reinstallation.. for christ's sake !!!!!
Whats with this $#&amp;^&amp; dll file ??????

G

Actually, I have seen bad network adapters cause some totally bizarre problems, affecting only some applications (notably with database applications), and not everything. One particularly maddening case at an office where I worked, only seemed to affected NETBIOS browsing, and mapped drives, and nearly drove me nuts. Installing a $15 replacement NIC as the last desperate thing I could think of to do, surprisingly made the problems go away and I didn't have to bother with more troubleshooting.

It is worth a shot since you have done so much already.

-Skylark

I

imported_Goron

wyrm, on a side note, for being all 'die blues!' I do find it very strange that you are in a guild that half it's players are noto pks...
While im on this rant, I also find it strange that you complain about pets, yet you are in a guild that has absolutely no problem bringing them into the field first, and in large numbers... just my observations from the last couple o' nights...
tonight-
Koc:3 blues, 2 tamers(one red).
TnA/AO:5 reds (after wrath turned a blue red suiciding) and a 2 blues... no tamers until late in fight after koc already had 2...

Sure, claim TnA/AO had the numbers... but thats not true, 2 WORM (yes, 1 was hugi, duh, reds near a gz, he was there in a flash!), 1 BORG, one random blue tamer, and another random blue were helping the 'insolent blues', aka koc...

Looks like you are on the wrong team for your persona Wyrm...

M

Masumatek

I wasn't helping anyone. I was attacking everyone. The only one who was ever on my "side" was the goblin. At one point in the battle, you greatly outnumbered WORM, so I attacked you instead of them. Kinda bs dry looting me though. We rarely ever loot anything from your alliance.

*edit*
You guys who like to [censored] talk on the boards sure have a way of telling half truths and making events seem like something they weren't. You made it sound like a bunch of people all of a sudden allied KOC against the great TNT alliance. Bs. You might have been fighting different guilds at different times in a 20-30 minute period, but that doesn't mean they were all allied against you. Way to twist words...

PS: As far as allying KOC, I dislike KOC....greatly. But I'm beginning to gain more respect for them than your alliance. Just looting for instance... Again, we rarely ever loot you guys. And we usually loot at least something from KOC, well at least I do. Yet KOC has been looting me less lately and you little arses have been dry looting us. Bunch of bs.

B

Blaez

If you want to disable and unistall just about anything in XP (including uninstalling the entire security centre) I use XP Lite .

Really cuts down on XP's install size and speeds it up considerably.

Used it for years on Win 98 and upgraded when XP came out.

But as with all software of this type you are now totally responsible for security on your computer.

If you don't know how or don't have the time to keep the pc clean don't use it.

P

pikon198

[censored] sometimes happens... There is probably a perfect explenation for it...Maybe they just wanted some future technology for themselves and thats why they looted you ??? Perhaps they don't wish to be assimilted and thought by raiding your equipment they could put a halt to BORG's conquering progress on lesser beings. Who knows.

I

imported_Krystal

i find it funny that a guy who whined and cried about blessed stuff, cryed to the devs to unbless blessed stuff and posted every other day on the boards about the removal of bless stuff now is crying when he is being looted. you totally make NO sense, make up ur mind what u want, if u don't want bless stuff then u should realize ur gonna get looted. isnt that the point of items being unblessed?

G

<blockquote><hr>

i find it funny that a guy who whined and cried about blessed stuff, cryed to the devs to unbless blessed stuff and posted every other day on the boards about the removal of bless stuff now is crying when he is being looted. you totally make NO sense, make up ur mind what u want, if u don't want bless stuff then u should realize ur gonna get looted. isnt that the point of items being unblessed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, Mas obviously has no problem speaking for himself, but just in what I have observed from reading his posts over the years, I think his main problem is that so many people seem to have no ability to control themselves, and that just because something is possible to do, doesn't mean it should be done, completely, and every time.

-Skylark

I

imported_Goron

lol, you come out accusing me of telling half thruths and putting words in your mouth, then go ahead and do the same.
Never did I say you allied with koc, never did I say you did anything wrong, actually. Wow buddy, take a breath. All I said is you helped koc, how? by attacking us while we had a bunch of them already attacking us. I never said u healed them, I never said you defended them. But by attacking at the same time, you prevented me from helping other allies because I had to run around fighting you. Koc greatly benefited from that.

And as for dry looting: you are not in factions, we need a way to slow you down so u cant just res and come back and fight. Not to mention this isnt trammel, grow up. You're the one whining to make everything unblessed, now start acting it. If no one looted anyone, then it would be equivelent to everyone having all of their items insured. (wow, I am ready for your crazy radical reason to how thats not true and it would magically be different... lol).

G

I killed you YAY! got my very first explosion delay justice point ooooh happy day!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I killed you YAY! got my very first explosion delay justice point ooooh happy day!

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy justice!

The question is, will that fix WyRm's UOA/computer problem?

-Skylark

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy justice!

The question is, will that fix WyRm's UOA/computer problem?

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been hearing the frustration in WyRm's icqs and I feel I should put out this warning to all the "BLUEs".... He will have no mercy when his assist is fixed... He is biting at the bit and will unlease his pent up rage on all he comes across... BEWARE!!!! There will be no mercy...

I

imported_Goron

lol, well, I guess TnA/AO has nothing to fear. Most of us seem to be red these days... this brings me back to my initial comment, does this mean wyrm will remain with the mostly blue koc? (I say mostly blue in that blue characters r on most of time, not as in more members r blue)

And, is he getting any closer to fixing the problem?

And, Yimmy, you got me once? darn... I assume you were mischief goblin? congrats on the justice... just dont be too proud, wrath, hugi, wavace, dark schneider, and neo were all also flagged on me... a pity they wouldn't leave gz... At least I had the [insert not allowed to say word here] to *try* and fight them in th gz, all at once. Even with them cross healing each other.

Its funny, I freely admit I am not very good at pvp... AND i just changed my template, I'm still trying to learn. Its obvious wrath and hugi are aware of this, as everytime we see each other they only ever flag on me, and then stay in gz so my friends cant help. Wow guys, you are all really good at pvp, pick on the weak guy and claim you are the bestest!

G

Gie it ta me, lad. Twill be as safe as hooses, ah tells yer!

In th' meantime, ah kin help yer oot by inspectorisin' yer bank account. Jest let me ken hoo ta access yer accoont, an' ah'll git right orn wit it!

Yer safe wit a Scot, nay mistake!

M

Masumatek

I didn't even see KOC when I was attacking you. Maybe KOC attacked after I attacked. Which isn't at all the same thing.

At you and krystal, and mostly krystal: As far as looting goes, and I believe skylark said, just because you can loot, doesn't mean you need to. I'd never play a game without looting, but I also rarely loot. The OPTION to loot and the KNOWLEDGE that his/her loot is MINE to do with as I please, either through taking it, OR giving it back, is enough for me. I know that's not enough for most people. Cool. But dry looting is complete bs no matter what. No one seems to understand this. Instead it's: If you can loot, you must loot everything. If there's one situation where it is necessary to reskill, you must reskill all the time. Etc. Honor and this "quality" you all speak of barely exists on Siege anymore.

BORG is a light loot guild so we do loot sometimes, though we don't dry loot. But there are also many people we rarely loot or don't loot at all. Your alliance, and especially TnT/TNA, are some such people. But now they've recruited people like you krystal who can't seem to grasp the concept of a good relationship between enemies where they don't really loot each other, and I suspect that good relationship won't last long if you continue looting us like that. My main complain isn't just being dry looted. I've dealt with that bs increasingly for years. My main complaint is a few individuals ruining a good relationship between enemies.

I

imported_Goron

Maybe I took your stuff to give it back?
Maybe I took it to ransom if you asked.
You never asked for your stuff, and you never came back to give me the opportunity to give it back. And, on a side note, I didn't dry loot. I left stuff on your body. And, on another side note, unless we are talking about different encounters, Krystal did not participate in killing you. It was me and Jericho.

I loot what I need. I take jewels, armor, regs, pots. I need those, I use those. I dont take empty bottles, random tools, or other crap. I dont need it, so I leave it.
I often dont even loot anything. For example I helped drop Schneider later last ngiht in Mag. WP and I walked away leaving the body without even looking in it. later when he came back tho, we looted, but ended up giving his stuff back, and even gave him Otto's stuff.

I find it very amusing that for all of your phony roll playing, you have a problem with me taking the valuables from my prey. If you are dead, you dont need it. And if I kill you for the purpose of highway robbery, why in gods name would I not complete the action? And I even have a game mechanic excuse to loot in addition to a rp one: to slow you down. If I leave your body, u can just res and come back and stab me in the back. if I take your stuff, I get time to get away, or recupperate.

This is Siege Perilous. Not WoW. I enjoy having danger and risk involved when pvping. Without looting, where is the risk? There is none (since you are not in factions).

M

Masumatek

"Phony roleplaying"

Nah, it's still RP...just a different type and not as serious as something like shadowclan orcs.

"you have a problem with me taking the valuables from my prey"

No, I don't. I do have a problem with dry looting though, but that's not really what we're talking about. As I said, I have a problem with a few individuals ruining a good relationship between guilds. As I also said, if you were paying attention, that my comment was more directed at krystal than you, since she seems to be doing nothing but dry looting/heavy looting us lately, and because our relationship was stronger with tnt/tna than their allies like you. BORG really doesn't loot your alliance. We always try to res. Etc. You guys, until recently, almost always extended the same courtesy to us. But not anymore it seems. If that's how it has to be, fine. That's your guys' choice. And though you guys vastly outnumber us, I'd say we kill you just as much if not more, and am positive you guys generally have more of value than us....so we'd win out if you wanted to break that relationship off, not you. Though idk if you could really call it "winning," since I more value a good relationship between enemies, which is practically non-existent these days.

"Maybe I took your stuff to give it back?
Maybe I took it to ransom if you asked."

Lol...I believe you said something like "you're dry looted for helping those aholes."

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Here is the reality of things Masu... many people don't have much control or power in their daily life.
Their boss sits on their head, their parent's watch them like a hawk, they are stuck in a meaningless job, they are the unpopular kid in school, they did not get on the Biggest Loser show, etc, etc.
The virtual reality world allows them to act out the urges that are otherwise controlled by their environment. So when they have a chance, they will dry loot, reskill over and over, grief or do anything else that gives them the feeling of control and power that they can't get enough of in their real life.
And I dont want to see any posts after this one about how "it is not true". That you res kill all the time, dry loot, blah blah and you have a real awesome job, and your the most popular kid in school, or you no longer live at home, and that you are a supermodel, or whatever, because none of that you can prove ONLINE.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. You are very correct. Notice how I dont try to prove im a great honorable guy? I just play the game. I don't care what you think about me in real life.

Whats that say about the guy who comes and whines and complains in this online digital world?

P

Paul the Samurai

<blockquote><hr>

lol. You are very correct. Notice how I dont try to prove im a great honorable guy? I just play the game. I don't care what you think about me in real life.

Whats that say about the guy who comes and whines and complains in this online digital world?

[/ QUOTE ]

it says that he is young and idealistic, and thinks people can change for the better. The World needs people like that, even though more often then not they get chewed up and spit out sooner or later.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

lol, well, I guess TnA/AO has nothing to fear. Most of us seem to be red these days... this brings me back to my initial comment, does this mean wyrm will remain with the mostly blue koc? (I say mostly blue in that blue characters r on most of time, not as in more members r blue)

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl... true but why you think they getting on their blues? Having to go into towns to find the action and draw you out and and oh yes... to give your blues counts to turn you red... hahahah...well some of you anyway.... Ye do have some beautiful reds...

No telling what WyRm will do...Except that there is a big rumor that he and Puffy have a "thing" for each other...at least when it comes to playing together...

I

imported_Magnolia

Haven't heard anything since Skylark's last suggestions to help him... Keeping fingers crossed that it is a fix.... You are a nice person Skylark... and SMART!... wow. I didn't understand a word you said..

btw... i'm a sloppy typist and have to edit after the fact... of coarse not because "I" break roc.. :p

M

Masumatek

"wouldn't that statement imply that you acknowledg you were helping them?"

Reminding you of what you said isn't acknowledging that I helped anyone. I certainly didn't help KOC. The only person I helped as in "attacked with" was Hugi in WORM, who was freshly rezed and charging into a tight group of 5-6 of your alliance + pets.

"You stayed and fought even out numbered, that was silly, imo"

Lol. Go solo for awhile or join a small guild. You'll quickly see how there is no such thing as PvP if it's not fighting while you're outnumbered. Though unfortunately many people will only fight if they outnumber someone else, and run if it's 1v1.

"But it wasnt just you there. I needed to cripple you to slow your return to the field - and you did return. I dont know if you fought, but I saw you by the gate afterwards at least once."

I usually won't just get right back up and continue fighting unless there are other BORG still fighting. You win, so I'd probably leave the field for awhile. I was at the gate getting a res from one of your allies.

Again, I don't care if people loot me. I'm used to that. I don't agree with dry looting, but that's another story. The only reason I ever posted in this thread was 1) your original post made it sound like I was fighting on the side of KOC and 2) I'm trying to figure out if BORG's good past relationship with your alliance will continue into the future. I wouldn't give a rat's ass if you, krystal, etc decided to dry loot me. Actually, I would, but I wouldn't come here and say "wtf you dry looted me." However, until very recently, it was very rare for you guys to dry loot us or even loot anything at all, and we wouldn't loot either. Which I think is great...fun fights without all the loot/res kill/[censored] talk crap. But now with TNT's recent recruits and a few members of their alliance like you who seems aren't aware of this good relationship, I'm not sure how long it can continue:/.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

The only person I helped as in "attacked with" was Hugi in WORM, who was freshly rezed and charging into a tight group of 5-6 of your alliance + pets.

[/ QUOTE ] 1) those were koc's pets. 2) you showed up and died LONG before hugi died (after he died he started charging in to give counts), before he died he managed to loot a few of us and hand off the loot. 3)I dont get what part of this situation you don;t understand: when you attack us from behind, while we are already fighting, you are helping the person we were fighting by forcing us to designate resources to you. Whether you like it or not, you helped koc. Devin died, and was not able to get ressed immediatly because of you. I have no doubt that had jericho and I been there, Devin would have lived because we all know hugi and wrath woulda run crying to the gz.
<blockquote><hr>

Lol. Go solo for awhile or join a small guild. You'll quickly see how there is no such thing as PvP if it's not fighting while you're outnumbered. Though unfortunately many people will only fight if they outnumber someone else, and run if it's 1v1.

[/ QUOTE ] I was the only person hugi, wrath, neo, and scheider flagged on for most of the ngiht (later wavace too, but schneider was no longer flagged at that point). I'd consider that being out numbered. They didn't leave the gz, so my friends couldn't help out. Don;t try and tell me about being outnumbered. I kept coming back for more, by myself.

<blockquote><hr>

I was at the gate getting a res from one of your allies.

[/ QUOTE ] who in my alliance resed you? Maybe thats true, but I doubt it. Because my allies were not at the gate. Thats where the blues were.

<blockquote><hr>

However, until very recently, it was very rare for you guys to dry loot us or even loot anything at all, and we wouldn't loot either. Which I think is great...fun fights without all the loot/res kill/[censored] talk crap.

[/ QUOTE ] oh, I get it, you want insurance turned on. Then its great fun without looting!
<blockquote><hr>

But now with TNT's recent recruits and a few members of their alliance like you who seems aren't aware of this good relationship, I'm not sure how long it can continue:/.

[/ QUOTE ]Take it up with hattori, if he tells me to not loot you, I won't. Until then, when you attack me first, I'll do whatever I choose when I am last one standing. Thats my prize for winning an undesired fight. And If my ally calls for my help, I'll come to his/her aid without question. Sorry to disappoint you, but I lack the 'honor' to stand and watch my ally die when they are asking for help.

I

imported_Krystal

maybe i can help ya here mas, some of use don't have mules to make leather ar, or tamers to farm with. we depend on our reds to make a living. since osi hates reds, reds are limited to what they can do, we don't get virtues ect. your a red, u know the deal. anyway when i kill a enemy, i loot first to put them outta the fight. so i crab their ammo, healing items, then go for jewels and ar. so now i go and drop the loot, so later when i die to an enemy and get dry looted i got the loot from earlier to requip with:)
i don't get why u take looting as a hostile act, its a tactic in battle and also a means of resources.

M

Masumatek

Look. I'm not here to cry about getting dry-looted. If you guys were in any other guild, this would have never been brought up. But we did have a good relationship with your alliance, much of which included no/very light looting. No, it wasn't official or anything. But we just never looted each other. If that's gonna change, fine. Then that's how it has to be I guess. If it's not going to change, please stop looting us, especially so heavily.

I

imported_mo'gluk

OP problem is solved if you wish to continue discussing start another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.