• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I remove evil omin from my character?

P

packrat

For over a week, I am showing my character has evil omin casted on it. Is there a way to remove this without calling a GM? I have been trying everything and still no luck. Thanks!

L

Lord Drakelord

For over a week, I am showing my character has evil omin casted on it. Is there a way to remove this without calling a GM? I have been trying everything and still no luck. Thanks!

Have someone cast remove curse on you? Have a Necromancer cast the evil Omen on you? Eat an enchanted apple?

C

Connor_Graham

Either get a player or a monster (just go fight a necro casting monster. they'll cast it pretty quickly) to cast it on you, then wait for the timer to go off.

P

packrat

I tried all of the following with no avail.
Ate an enchanted apple, had remove curse cast on me, had someone cast evil omen on me and went to cove spawn and let the casters cast at me and its still there.

C

Connor_Graham

If it was cast you on and is still there it probably just got stuck again. Get a monster to cast on you again and check to make sure the timer shows it's active. Don't kill the creature until the spell has timed out and the icon has gone away. That should fix it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a long-standing bug.

Mouse over Evil Omen in the buff/debuff icon, and look at the timer.

Does it say "zero seconds?"

If it says anything else, post what it says.

If it says zero seconds, what's going on isn't that you still have Evil Omen on, it's that your buff/debuff icon says you do.

To get rid of it, have Evil Omen cast upon you again, by a guildmate or a monster or a PK or something. Whenever this happens to me from PvM, I go out and fight some reds.

If this doesn't work, let us know.

-Galen's player

B

Beastmaster

I paged a GM to have it removed from one of my characters.

"My buff bar has had evil omen on it for weeks, cannot make it go away. Please remove it, thanks."

Waited 1 1/2 hours to be sent a canned message telling me to submit a bug report and that I wouldn't hear anything back. In otherwords, GMs would not assist.

So I waited 2 minutes and repaged.

"Others have experienced this 'evil omen' buff bar bug and GM's have been able to remove the stuck icon. Please remove mine."

Waited 2 1/2 hours and finally a GM Dekru responded. He pulled me into the Fel Buc's Den baths and cast evil omen on me and it was removed.