• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do i open my inventory using the EC?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Click it twice?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I personally have my back pack always open in EC,

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I never close mine either but if it helps I believe Alt+i opens it .... i for "Inventory" just like in the CC.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I clicked it several times and it did not open.

I tried Alt+I, Ctrl+I, and Shift+I & nothing worked.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
think just hitting I key should open it without modifiers, if you didnt select legacy keys. Otherwise there should be an option in menu bar to open it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes the backpack icon gets corrupted and won't work; then you have go clear the icon and drag a new one from "Actions - Menu Actions: into the hot bar slot, and the new one should work.
The default for open inventory in EC is "i," unless it's been changed.
You can see what actions are what assigned to what keys under "Options," which is under "User Settings" - but here's the screwy part
User Settings is not a default icon on a hotbar. You have to go into "Actions" (which is a default icon) and then Menu Actions to find User Settings (looks like a wrench and screwdriver) and drag into a hot bar. Then you can open User Settings to check options

At least I've found this to be true on every character I've ever created in EC. Isn't that what everybody else sees? If so, it's a real oversight not making User Settings a default icon on the hot bar.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Or.. it got somehow pulled off-screen and you can't see it. (also, and I'm not 100% sure, I don't think you have to hit alt in the EC just "i")

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I clicked it several times and it did not open.

I tried Alt+I, Ctrl+I, and Shift+I & nothing worked.
Default EC is just "I", without any modifier key.

If all that doesn't work, then most probably the gump opens outside of the bounds of your screen, where you just don't see it. (At least that's what I would assume).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are using Pinco's and you think it may have gone out of field I think Alt+R resets the stuff for you and somewhere in the commands is a thing that pretty much sends EVERYTHING to the upper left corner of your window. Had to use that once when I somehow got my health bar stuck off screen.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, now I see he's talking about the backpack icon on the paperdoll, should have read the post closer. I've never even tried to click that thing, always either just "i" or the backpack icon in the hot bar slot. But it still seemed the wider question was how to open the inventory at all, so all our posts still apply.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's probably off your screen, did you recently change screen resolutions?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can only open it at midnight during a dual new moon whilst hopping widdershins on your right foot and simultaneously rubbing your tummy and patting your head on the island in the middle of Justice Lake and also chanting all the words of power arranged in iambic pentameter backwards .

That should open your backpack...or turn everyone on your shard into rabid demon piglets. Good luck! :D