• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I lock down the upper storey items without a floor?

N

Nematode

Hi all, Im in the midst of redecorating my house and this is a great forum to get some really good ideas.

I like Kahlan Rahl's concept of a high-ceilinged house, where u actually sacrificed 1 storey to achieve this look. Now, my question is this: as you can see from the pic, the paintings and the dojo fan are actually locked down on the 2nd storey left wall without any floorings on that floor on which to stand on.

How was this achieved? Is it by using the decorator tool on a locked down painting on the ground floor wall and slowly raise it to the 2nd floor wall? I doubt so though...

Anyone care to shed light on this?

Attachments

L

Lord Drakelord

it is possible they placed a temp teleport pad on the 2nd floor area, set the construction in save mode, then set the items you see locking them in place, then back in construction mode remove the teleport pad.

The house below was done this way with several items being placed to hang in the air to give the look that you see.

Attachments

F

feath

yeah, it's a two step process.
i usually put 1 or 2 floor tiles around the second floor, so i can walk. put in teleporter, so i can get there.
out of house mode, i put in all the stuff i want.
go back into house mode, remove all the flooring from higher floor.
back out of house mode, i use deco tool to lower things to the place i want them.

basicly, put in a floor where you want stuff. put the stuff there; then delete the floor from under them. then lower everything to right place.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually for stacking bookshelves I've found out that gozas work!

If you lift and raise a goza to just below the max (can't remember exact height but it does need to sit above the top of the lower bookshelf) from the floor and then target the goza when placing the shelf, it'll pop right up there. If you can't get it to pop from the floor, use 2 gozas to raise yourself up too (step on goza, raise its mate, move, raise one you moved from...) It's a lot easier than having to re-enter customize mode if you're building a library in a mostly finished/deco'd house :D

Kahlan Rahl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure if you can tell in the pic, but I did build a walkway around the walls. (feath was right) I placed the items, locked them down, went back into deco mode and deleted the walkway. Not all things will stay locked down after you delete the floor (walkway). You might have to do it several times to find what works for you. Dont forget to look in moving crate if this happens. If anyone figures how to keep a dragon head up let me know.

How do you add pics as thumbnails? That is so much better than these huge pics..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/jamiej123/HiddenHouseinprocessII.jpg