• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I get Smuggler's Lanterns?

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello. I recently got interested in getting a number of Smuggler's Lanterns for an event. I have been looking through the forums and seeing different posts, some of which mention the Smuggler's edge does not work anymore. I have acquired the Smuggler's edge weapon, and have stealing, but am reading that you actually attack the monster. As I have never done this, could anyone please let me know if you can still get the Smuggler's lantern, and just a few quick instructions on how to go about getting them? Do you swing and steal, or just swing? Thank you very much for your help!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks very much. I had already read all those posts, but I thank you for posting the links. I don't know whether it works (several folks said it didn't) and I don't understand whether you hit the monster and then use the stealing skill on it, or if you just hit it with the smugglers edge with the sword skill, and stealing on the character. Is sword required? Those are more my questions....including whether it works. I don't have a sword character, and would love to know whether it works and how it works before investing the time in making one. Thank you.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use my smugglers edge all the time and its a long haul killing spawn before i get one. i use the tokuno spawn(serrado) to get my potion lotions and balms. i get 90% more of them then i will a lockpick kit or a lantern.. its a grind but it well worth it. my template for using the weapon is 120 stealing 120 swords 120 anatomy 120 tactics 100 healing 100 chiv hope this helps..i do not use the skill stealing, merely kill spawn with smugglers edge it auto steals for you.i will run the spawn up to revenant lions then stop. its not worth the effort at this point. come back on hour and redo it again if i so wish..Weapon is also use Best weapon skill so any fighting skill is all that is required to use it.. it is not broken works well

Last edited:

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you Popps, and thanks ever so much, Pacific Cruiser. That is precisely the information I needed, and I'm delighted to hear it still works, and in Tokuno (not Fel) I really appreciate the template help as well. I shall give it a try. Many thanks!

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Lavendar it also works in all ish spawns as well.. i choose to use the tokuno spawn to not have to battle paragon creatures