• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I get rid of the icon & red X above my sig?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics security upgrade took out my sig and I had to replace it. The icon & red X won't go away and isn't in the signature window. How do I get rid of it?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stratics security upgrade took out my sig and I had to replace it. The icon & red X won't go away and isn't in the signature window. How do I get rid of it?
Highlight your stratics avatar on the top right of your screen, go to "Signature" and delete the part of your signature you don't want.

I would assume that the "icon" must be a pic that had been replaced through some filtering process stratics has.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the icon & red X were there when I checked the post had gone up right... :rolleyes:

A forum moderator take care of it that quickly?

Thanks Nexus! :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to say it but the icon and red X are still there as I see it?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmm that is strange, I don't see a red X on his signature anymore. Maybe the red X only stopped showing up for staff members and him somehow?

I see this:

Untitled.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Private cache?
I have my Edge settings to clear all caches upon closing web view but I still see the icon and red X

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmmm I think I see a prankster or two here

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welp, Firefox 52.2.0 - cleared cache - no change in display. Changed the browsing style here on the pages thinking maybe issue with a specific one - no change. I still see the red X on Tanivars sig. I'll give it a few days.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmm that is strange, I don't see a red X on his signature anymore. Maybe the red X only stopped showing up for staff members and him somehow?

I see this:

View attachment 68287
I see the red X... which is weird i see that for a LOT of folk lately... but mine seems fine... not sure what's up with that.. if it helps i use Chrome...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still see my red x and failed pic, and I didnt change anything.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one bothered to fix my issue but I did get a nice warning and penalty from another thread lol...i love stratics.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one bothered to fix my issue but I did get a nice warning and penalty from another thread lol...i love stratics.
Ohh, how many points you got now and what do we win? Mine are racking up too :D

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know how many I have, and am honestly surprised every time I receive some.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's some sort of super rare banner we win, which is why it's so hard to get them.....just wish i knew how many more i need to win :D

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know how many I have, and am honestly surprised every time I receive some.
I think it's some sort of super rare banner we win, which is why it's so hard to get them.....just wish i knew how many more i need to win :D
You know if you look at your profile page you should be able to see how many points you have.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know if you look at your profile page you should be able to see how many points you have.
Aww.....that's pants!!!! I've only got 3.......i'm never gonna win that super rare banner!.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've an expired one from 4 1/2 years back for Trolling/Personal attack. Wish it provided more info, must have been one serious provocation to get me to go off on someone badly enough to get my patties officially slapped. :blushing:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still see my red x and failed pic, and I didnt change anything.
I don't know what the red X was from and couldn't get the original picture to show, but I removed the red X. If you re-add whatever was there it should show correctly now.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I never saw the red X or anything odd with your signature, as MalagAste said maybe it was the browser, I'm on Chrome as well.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this post, Tanivar is now the only person with an icon and red x.
I too am using Chrome now as i decided that Windows 10 Edge was just getting to slow as people never updated to include it.
Just kept getting the "we've updated IE11"......i got fed up of telling them that Edge was not IE.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am using Firefox and see Tanivar having a red "X". I saw it last week but also I'd wait and see if it corrected as some measures had been used.

Nope ... there is still a red "X" where tanivar should have a pic or something.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I can now see his sig again... not sure what happened but seems fixed. No red X anymore.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm... need a little help on this myself now. For some reason Photobucket now wants some cash to be able to allow "third party hosting" of the sig... tried a couple sites but it will not display. Anyone know a free hosting site?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmmm... need a little help on this myself now. For some reason Photobucket now wants some cash to be able to allow "third party hosting" of the sig... tried a couple sites but it will not display. Anyone know a free hosting site?
You can host pictures here on Stratics by making an album in the media section: Media | Stratics Community Forums

I see the same as you posted in your screenshot, photobucket has done that to other posters too for some reason.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can host pictures here on Stratics by making an album in the media section: Media | Stratics Community Forums

I see the same as you posted in your screenshot, photobucket has done that to other posters too for some reason.

Gonna try. Photobucket just stopped being free and I cant figure out Flickr. My rainbow unicorn should return shortly!