• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] How do I get DCI on my spellbooks?

Sir Mastermind

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have made around 2000 spellbooks and not a single one has DCI on it. I must be doing something wrong.

My mage has:
120 eval
120 magery
120 meditation
100 Scribe
120 wrestling
115 resist

I am using a tally with 25/16

Thoughts?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
** When crafting a spellbook there is a chance it will get up to 3 magical properties. These properties can be Faster Casting, Faster Cast Recovery, Lower Mana Cost, Lower Reagent Cost, Mana Increase, Mana Regeneration, Spell Damage Increase, Intelligence Bonus and a few mage related Skills(Magery, Eval. Int., Meditation and Resist). All the properties can be up to 80% of the intensity range they normally spawn in.
The amount and intensity of the properties on a spellbook depends on your Magery skill. At 80 Magery you can get 1 property, at 90 Magery you can get 2 properties and at 100 Magery you can get 3 properties. At 110 and 120 Magery you can still only get 3 properties, but you will have a higher chance of getting them.

taken from this page
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/inscription.php

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you get them from things like the invasions that went on ! as for crafting I dont think you can!
players often have them for sale if you are on ls i may have a extra one I could part with!

M

miss uo

I have made around 2000 spellbooks and not a single one has DCI on it. I must be doing something wrong.

My mage has:
120 eval
120 magery
120 meditation
100 Scribe
120 wrestling
115 resist

I am using a tally with 25/16

Thoughts?
Buy a 9DCI spellbook that came from the city invasions....