• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I get a Cu Sidhe to discord itself?

Tinka

Visitor
Hi :)

I've read on some posts that other players got their Cu Sidhe to discord itself. Is that still possible, and if so, how? Or was ist just a joke that I was missing? ;)

Also, and this is more of a half joke question - will it always play the flute? Cause that sound is grating so much on my nerves, it is discording me quite efficiently... :D

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, all pets use the flute. I have 2 cu with disco, had a fire steed and had a hiryu as well. Unfortunately, the steed and hiryu went “poof” at ilsh champs. As a result of that, I don’t use either cu at champs, but that’s a different matter. They all use flutes, sorry.

Personally, and assuming you are asking this to help train you cu up, I’d just toss music and disco on my tamer and just disco my pet myself. It’s more reliable and easier to remove, plus you’ll lower the skills more then your pet could herself.
Perhaps someone here can walk you through the steps if you really want to know how it’s done.

Tinka

Visitor
Well, if it is possible, I would really like to know how this is done. :) For the purpose of training my Cu Sidhe up to 120, and because it sounds like fun. So if anyone could walk me through that, I'd be greatful. :)

My character is legendary peacemaking Tamer, and has been for years. I really love peacemaking; it's a way not to have to kill everything but still being able to go to most places. I was thinking about getting discord, but I love peacemaking a lot.... so I never had the patience to bring up discordance on my own char. Hence the Cu Sidhe with discordance - I am thinking this might be a great combination; my Cu Sidhe will discord the monsters and I'll peace them (obviously, fast killing is not my top priority with this char).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they fixed that. So now you have to use a guildie or go to Twisted Weild.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Well, if it is possible, I would really like to know how this is done. :) For the purpose of training my Cu Sidhe up to 120, and because it sounds like fun. So if anyone could walk me through that, I'd be greatful. :)

My character is legendary peacemaking Tamer, and has been for years. I really love peacemaking; it's a way not to have to kill everything but still being able to go to most places. I was thinking about getting discord, but I love peacemaking a lot.... so I never had the patience to bring up discordance on my own char. Hence the Cu Sidhe with discordance - I am thinking this might be a great combination; my Cu Sidhe will discord the monsters and I'll peace them (obviously, fast killing is not my top priority with this char).
You can still put 120 taming/120 lore, then 120 music/120 peace/120 disco thats 600 skill points then add magery to 80-90 or higher with rings and have some left over points for Meditation, for more mana regen. You can stone Vet altogether assuming you use encounters that either the pet can heal itself, or you can toss magery heals on it. You may have 2 stable slots less by stoning Vet.
This way: you have Peace masteries that help pet a lot, and/or taming masteries, and peace, and disco, and magery for gating/locomotion/healing/invisi etc, and have a chance of using disco masteries.
Disco training is kind of slow, buy to 4o-50 from NPC, then grind-grind provo to 90, then at 90 start using bard masteries to gain. Its a little long trip but may be worth it. Agree that peace and its masteries are awesome.
If pet dies then either have another player do that or yell in gen chat : (you'll get several pple there to rez it in 5 mins or less usually in Luna) Or if noone around, stone provo, unstone vet, rez pet, and start again, etc.
An obstacle: We all like to have 100 and one pets in stable, that do nothing just are there collecting dust, so by stoning vet we lose 2 slots. But think of it : Why have 100 and 1 pets, what are we hoping to do with them?
Other obstacle: Disco training .. slow? Not slower than taming at all. Provo slow : absolutely painfully so -- not too many pple train it now days.

Also : You will be surprized how many times you do NOT need vet with the new taming system, and in a lot of encounters, if you try to use vet on pet and get close enough, you will be targeted by what you are fighting.
And finally: Training Disco and having disco on the tamer is useful, but not in all boss encounters. It is an awesome skill both in battle and pet training.
Or instead of disco you can train Spellweaving to 120 instead : Very easy to do the SW quest to get SW, SW primers not too expensive, and you add more buffing power for self and all pets you use, PLUS with good level 6-9 SW focus, you can do devastating damage too hit the boss at the end of the encounter, speeding up the kill a lot.
If you enjoy peacing, I would keep that and add some of these ideas if you find them useful.

I hope this helps.
GL and PEACE!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You can still put 120 taming/120 lore, then 120 music/120 peace/120 disco thats 600 skill points then add magery to 80-90 or higher with rings and have some left over points for Meditation, for more mana regen. You can stone Vet altogether assuming you use encounters that either the pet can heal itself, or you can toss magery heals on it. You may have 2 stable slots less by stoning Vet.
This way: you have Peace masteries that help pet a lot, and/or taming masteries, and peace, and disco, and magery for gating/locomotion/healing/invisi etc, and have a chance of using disco masteries.
Disco training is kind of slow, buy to 4o-50 from NPC, then grind-grind provo to 90, then at 90 start using bard masteries to gain. Its a little long trip but may be worth it. Agree that peace and its masteries are awesome.
If pet dies then either have another player do that or yell in gen chat : (you'll get several pple there to rez it in 5 mins or less usually in Luna) Or if noone around, stone provo, unstone vet, rez pet, and start again, etc.
An obstacle: We all like to have 100 and one pets in stable, that do nothing just are there collecting dust, so by stoning vet we lose 2 slots. But think of it : Why have 100 and 1 pets, what are we hoping to do with them?
Other obstacle: Disco training .. slow? Not slower than taming at all. Provo slow : absolutely painfully so -- not too many pple train it now days.

Also : You will be surprized how many times you do NOT need vet with the new taming system, and in a lot of encounters, if you try to use vet on pet and get close enough, you will be targeted by what you are fighting.
And finally: Training Disco and having disco on the tamer is useful, but not in all boss encounters. It is an awesome skill both in battle and pet training.
Or instead of disco you can train Spellweaving to 120 instead : Very easy to do the SW quest to get SW, SW primers not too expensive, and you add more buffing power for self and all pets you use, PLUS with good level 6-9 SW focus, you can do devastating damage too hit the boss at the end of the encounter, speeding up the kill a lot.
If you enjoy peacing, I would keep that and add some of these ideas if you find them useful.

I hope this helps.
GL and PEACE!
Also you need as much mana regen as you can get, get LMC to max at 40 with gear etc, all 70's resists.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My experience is that it's still possible to have a cu disco itself, but it's dangerous.

All the times it has happened, I've been in Trammel Khaldun, and I accidentally target THE CU with "all kill" while it was in a furball of stuff that HAD to be discoed for it to even damage (blue or purple skelementals, usually).

So, on testing, the following seemed to be true,

1. The Cu HAS to be in active combat with stuff for it to happen - typically a LOT of somethings. I can't replicate it when it's not in combat, and I don't think I've had it do it when fighting just 1 or 2 skelementals.
  2. Of course, the cu has to have the mana for the disco, and was probably about to disco something on its own, until that mis-click made its targeting hiccup onto itself for a split-second.
  3. For what it's worth, I was using the classic client and a macro for saying "all kill" and waiting for target.
OF course, there's some of the invasion officer types in the 4th level of the spawn that can Disco the cu ON THEIR OWN, but the reoccurrances of the "self-disco" bug have always been again long before any of that spawn are possible.