• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I fit wrestling in?

Draig

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have finally settled on what right looks like for my garg mystic.

Myst 120
Focus 120
Mage 110
Eval 120
Med 120
Resist 100-120?
Wrestling ???

Character purpose: Champ Spawn Defense, General Purpose farming, Fel Ruleset (EDIT: PvP healing, PvM healing, support, purge magic, etc...). Defensive mage, stone form when focused to turtle up.

I would love to have enough wrestling in this template to disarm, and maybe even use paralyzing blow, but even disarm would be nice for when I'm running with the boys and we need to focus kill a target. PvM I'm not as worried about, I always get looting rights. What items do I need to look for, buy, acquire in order to have enough wrestling AND hit my goals of 120 myst/focus/eval/med?

Thanks in advance!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have finally settled on what right looks like for my garg mystic.

Myst 120
Focus 120
Mage 110
Eval 120
Med 120
Resist 100-120?
Wrestling ???

Character purpose: Champ Spawn Defense, General Purpose farming, Fel Ruleset (EDIT: PvP healing, PvM healing, support, purge magic, etc...). Defensive mage, stone form when focused to turtle up.

I would love to have enough wrestling in this template to disarm, and maybe even use paralyzing blow, but even disarm would be nice for when I'm running with the boys and we need to focus kill a target. PvM I'm not as worried about, I always get looting rights. What items do I need to look for, buy, acquire in order to have enough wrestling AND hit my goals of 120 myst/focus/eval/med?

Thanks in advance!
Are you ever gonna let a dexxor get close enough to disarm them ?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd just drop med and do a 6x 120. You already got focus for passive mana regen. Add some mana regen gear and you probably won't miss med at all. Focus doesn't raise MP as much as med does, but it's going to be required for mysticism while med is pretty much optional. If you do actively meditate, just get some jewelry with any of those skills on it to raise med if it's critical that you have it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree with dropping med... especially with how easily it is to build MR into your suit these days.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If for defensive purpose only, 100 Anatomy combined with 120 Eval Intel will give you same defense as having 120 wrestling.

You can still hold a spell book and shield, though you will have to drop the book to chug pots. Using anatomy saves you 20 skill points to use elsewhere, although you will not have the wrestling special moves.

Draig

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the input guys! I *think* I may drop med, and @Merlin I intend to use the wrestling special moves, this is kinda an all arounder support character who I want to be able to stand against a dexxer 1v1 who doesn't realize he's about to get disarmed, spell plagued, and have a RC dropped on him lol.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks for the input guys! I *think* I may drop med, and @Merlin I intend to use the wrestling special moves, this is kinda an all arounder support character who I want to be able to stand against a dexxer 1v1 who doesn't realize he's about to get disarmed, spell plagued, and have a RC dropped on him lol.
I'm interested to hear how your final build turns out. Please come back and share when you finish it up!

Draig

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just some initial thoughts and things I've learned developing my Mystic.

I tried necro/ss combo. Felt nice being able to bust up level 1 and 2 spawns but was utterly weak in defense and died almost immediately. Stone form or not.

Adding wrestling and resist spells means I am literally just able to stand in stone form during Paroxy runs. I don't even have to cleanse poison. So while everyone else is running around dying I am tossing heals, etc.

"WE DONT NEED A F#&%ING RC JUST HEAL" --Yeah I let that guy die and didn't res him. You're playing a support class, not a punching bag. Do what needs to be done to complete the content, but you have to be having fun, or you won't play the build.

Being able to disarm has saved my life so far over the past few days roughly....0 times. Having wrestling skill and being able to hold a SDI spellbook has greatly, greatly improved my play experience.

I heard talk about how people hated playing in stone form because its slow and it is. But you know whats slower? Running to get a res. Stone form is god tier protection.

Not having meditation...I feel it but it doesn't REALLY feel like it hurt all that much. Focus does an amicable job mimicking it, but focus is NOT meditation in terms of MPR.

Have I mentioned stone form? "But mah spell casting is slower" Yeah got it, are you casting damage spells when you're running away spamming invis?

Mass sleep, sleep, purge magic. Use them. PvM or PvP.

Ever seen a spell plague explosion/flamestrike combo? Yeesh.

RC+heals/cleanses are enough to get looting rights on basically every encounter I've done.

The guys I play with love having a character with them that isn't a piece of glass when focused.

These are just initial napkin math thoughts on the build. So far so good.

This build will never solo a champ spawn but it is not intended to.

This build feels very capable running around in Fel just doing whatever. Dexxer see mage. Haha mage health bar go brrr. Wait why isn't he running?

Last edited:

Draig

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Got raided champ spawning. Yep wrestling/resist was the right choice. I can stay all up in the mix with dexxers. Build doesn't have 1v1 kill power, but is likely impossible to kill 1v1 due to focus/myst/mage.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding wrestling and resist spells means I am literally just able to stand in stone form during Paroxy runs. I don't even have to cleanse poison. So while everyone else is running around dying I am tossing heals, etc.

"WE DONT NEED A F#&%ING RC JUST HEAL" --Yeah I let that guy die and didn't res him. You're playing a support class, not a punching bag. Do what needs to be done to complete the content, but you have to be having fun, or you won't play the build.
Chief Paroxysmus will insta kill and eat pets/summons to regain full Health (he can go from redlined, to full health from eating a single RC). If you're summoning RCs during Paroxy, then he was 100% right to yell at you for it.
Another instance where RCs aren't always wanted, is when fighting Sampire Captains in Blackthorn's Dungeon. Sampire Captains are vulnerable to Undead Slayer and Fire Damage while in Vamp Form, but a RC will repeatedly Purge them out of Vamp Form, making them harder to kill.

Draig

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Chief Paroxysmus will insta kill and eat pets/summons to regain full Health (he can go from redlined, to full health from eating a single RC). If you're summoning RCs during Paroxy, then he was 100% right to yell at you for it.
Another instance where RCs aren't always wanted, is when fighting Sampire Captains in Blackthorn's Dungeon. Sampire Captains are vulnerable to Undead Slayer and Fire Damage while in Vamp Form, but a RC will repeatedly Purge them out of Vamp Form, making them harder to kill.
Sorry, I see how you'd come to that. No that was from UW. I can see how stacking those two lines in succession could lead one to think that I was summoning during Paroxy lol. We had one of our new guys accidentally dismount during a Paroxy run at around redline last week lol.