• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How did I get here?

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So yesterday I was working on my begging skill in Felucca Heartwood and UPS had a wine delivery for me so i quickly logged out.

Today when I logged in I was standing on the Felucca Spirituality Shrine. How did I get here? Did a GM put me here?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Were you at the Felucca spirituality shrine earlier that day at some point? Maybe a revert happened and it pulled you back there.

Did you have a rune to it anywhere in your backpack? Maybe you pressed a macro and recalled there by accident while logging out.

It's also possible someone opened a gate next to you as you were logging out and you accidentally stepped through it in the process of logging out.

A GM wouldn't have moved someone to Felucca, they only move players to jail or telestorm people into a random trammel city.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had something like this happen twice over the last couple of months. Both times I logged back in at a fel shrine, even though I logged out tram side. Once was in heartwood and once was in Wind at the inn. I just wrote it off as some weird glitch or as a new feature :)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most likely any area "enclosed" such as heartwood and wind & champ spawn areas are areas that you cannot log back in to. It will insta teleport you to a shrine on next log-in.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
like S_S said.
it came in when champs and such came in, was in response to ghost cam's being logged out at the champs.
im not entirely sure why they rolled the Heartwood in with champ spawn areas but it has always been like that.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Errrrrr :confused:

After reading the title am I the only one that 'heard'.. "letting the days go by.. let the water hold me down" in their head..

and yeah, now it is stuck there.. earworms suck and are contagious.... so you are welcome :gee:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I ask this question every time I log in to UO...like, "how do I have developed chars on this shard?" or, "how did I get an ethy on this shard?" or..."how did my char get here?" XD
lol

That's the UO grind in full effect there.. your mind just goes numb after a while as ya go about things and then.. BAM! Something happens to bring ya outta it :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ask this question every time I log in to UO...like, "how do I have developed chars on this shard?" or, "how did I get an ethy on this shard?" or..."how did my char get here?" XD
This is so true... I've found the strangest things on my accounts and had no memory of how they got there. The most mysterious was when I re-activated an old account for the first time in years, and found five characters that had been named after characters in a book....except the book hadn't been written yet when that account was last turned off. I still don't know how that happened... maybe I time traveled and don't remember it.

:tinhat: