• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how deep is your addiction (its time to compare accounts!)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So here we sit.
allmost 11 years into this fine game, and i cant help but wonder what some people are hiding behind those Vet Robes?
Are there players out there as addicted as me?
am i the only one that has done as much character development as i have, or am i just one in a long line of players.

so, here it is.
i have waited years to post this, i guess i should call this thread "lets take them out and measure them, see whos is longest" thread.

hehehhee, but lets compare.
i really wanna see or know if there are people as addicted as me.
i know a lot of people run lots of accounts, and that isnt the rub of what im getting at (ya Mrs Small, 21 accounts, your sick!)

so i shall start this off.
i run 3 accounts.
2 of which i consider to be my main accounts, and the third which is my 'red/rouge' account.

and this is what i have done with my allmost 11 years in UO.

(please note, im not going to be listing gold or items here because for the simple reason that i want to be able to move my wrists after this post)

every character listed below is done, maxed out in all skills, if its a tamer then even all thier pets are trained as well, warriors are in done suits and pack only the best of weapons and artys ect ect ect.

my main character.
sonoma shard: house - Castle.
character is scrolled up to 120 in EVERY SKILL that is scrollable.
character has EVERY SKILL on soulstones at his disposal (yes, all skills ... every last one)

that is the only character that im gonna list like that, because he is the only one that has been scrolled in every skill and has every skill on soulstones at his disposal.

rest of the characters on sonoma.
Account #1
120 Mule.
T Hunter Tamer
Macer.
Pure Bard.
Faction Tamer (can switch between stealth mage template and dismount archer template with skills stoned)
Trap Remover (my latest adventure into different templates)

Account #2
Nox Mage
Pally Sword
Disco Tamer
Faction Archer Tamer
Nox Fencer (Red)
Necro mage spellweaver
Lumber Jack Swords warrior (old old school)

Account #3
Archer Tamer (Red)
Nox Mage (Red)
Ninja Dog Archer
Begging Thief
Wood Mule
T Hunter Mage
Bushy Macer

now sonoma was my home shards, and as such the characters are a little different then what i did on other shards.
what i did from here on out was make the same 7 characters on every shard i went too.

Account #1
1. Pure Mage (scribe mage)
2. Metal Mule (smith, mine, arms lore, ect ect)
3. Bushy Macer (bushido, mace, tact, heal, anat, chiv, focus)
4. Discord Tamer (tame, lore, vet, disco, music, magic)
5. Faction Nox Fencer Ninja Thief (funnest template EVERY!)
6. Necro Mage Alchemist (magic, ei, necro, SS, med, focus, alchy)
7. Pure Bard (provo, disco, peace, music, magic, ei)

Account #2
1. T Hunter Mage (cartography, picking, fishing, magic, ei, med, hide)
2. Sword Paladin (just like it sounds like)
3. Dex Monkey Nox Fencer (poison, fence, tact, heal, anat, chiv, focus)
4. Factions Archer Tamer (tame, lore, vet, archery, tact, chiv, med)
5. Necro Mage (just like it sounds)
6. Trap Remover (factions, remove trap, steal, hide/stealth, ninja ect ect)
7. Wood Mule (lumberjack, carpentry, bowcraft, arms lore ect ect)

Account #3
1. Begging Thief (begging, steal, snoop, hide/stealth, ninja, chiv)
2. Faction Stealing Mage (magic, ei, med, steal, tinker, detect, tracking)
3. Resource Gathering Mule (mine, Lumberjack, magic ect ect)
4. Stealth Mage (magic, ei, med, hide, stealth ect ect)
5. Peace Tamer (taming..... and yes.... peace)
6. Paladin or Necro Warrior (rotated back and forth from shard to shard)
7. Red Mage (allways need a red mage)

so did all those 21 characters on ATL, Baja, Legends, Great Lakes, Origin, Pacific and Napa and Arirang (dont ask!)

and on all other shards i just made a Pure Mage (every.... shard.....in game)
and i think i have a couple more tamers on a few more of the east coast shards, but they are only 3/4 way done, so they dont count.

oh, and lets not forget Siege.
account #1 - Archer Tamer
account #2 - Nox Fencer
account #3 - Mule

most of the characters all have Ethys.
most of the characters all have neat stuff like Black Horses.
like i said, all the tamers have ALL of their pets fully trained (yes, OCD)
all mages are in 2/4 or 2/6 LRC/LMC/MR suits
all warriors are in either Darkwood Suits, Virtue Suits or hand made 70 Suits.
all toons are scrolled and skilled to at LEAST 110, all tamers and bards are allways maxed at 120.
every discord tamer on each shard has a luck suit for farming.

and those are my established accounts.

(please note, this dosnt list any of my collectables or rares or anything like that, this is purelly a tally of manpower)

ive been asked..... why?
and there is a simple answer.
ive noticed over the years that some shards die off from time to time.
seems to flow.
so it all started years ago when sonoma had a dry spell.
i moved over to ATL for some fun until sonoma got active again.
then when sonoma died off again i went to GL.
and so on and so on and so on.
so now whenever i get bored and want to play, i can log on to any one of my hundreds of guys and know that i can walk out fully trained and suited up and ready to play.

wow.
after looking at this all writen down i must admit.... i need to get some medication!!!!!

in closing i would like to put down a phrase that i have allways said and in fact use to be my sig here on stratics.

I dont like to think of UO as an addiction, but rather as a hobby that has me by the balls!​

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and yes.
i have a binder with each shard in its own little sub section
each toon is listed with bank balance, tithing balance ect ect.

each tamer has a spread sheet with all pets listed skills and stats ect ect.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you wanna hear something horrible....

i did 95% of my character development AT WORK!!!!!

sitting in the fire hall, no calls, just killing time, id hide away in the corner and play (cause i cant let the rest of the guys see me playing!!!)

C

canary

I have one account, but a few years back I had 4 for rp purposes. I have put in 9 years on my main account.

EA's poor business decisions have freed 39 dollars a month back into my bank account, so I thank them.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo, I might have you beat on the number of accounts but I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near close on finished characters or trained pets. Like you, I enjoy being able to play on various shards and it's always great fun when we pop up unexpectedly on our faction characters on one of the shards we don't normally play, go do a group hunt or participate in an in-game event. We aren't always as polished at it as on Sonoma because some of our characters are still being trained and equipped and therefore it's always a bit more challenging.

My characters that are done or halfway decent and equipped are spread out on multiple shards:

Great Lakes (16 good characters and 3 houses):
2 tamers
1 miner/smith/tailor
1 carpenter/fletcher/tinker/LJ
1 faction tinker/smith/tailor
1 mage/scribe
1 mage/alchemist/cook/poisoner/spellweaver
1 thief/tracker/detector/trap remover ready to put in factions
1 archer/mage
1 swordswoman
2 armswomen
1 fencer
2 other stealth mages with various combinations of skills
1 necro mage

Baja (21 good characters and 9 houses):
4 tamers
1 miner/blacksmith/tailor
1 carpenter/fletcher/tinker/LJ
1 mage/scribe
1 mage/alchemist/cook
3 archers
2 armswomen
3 swordswomen
1 fencer
3 stealth mages with various combinations of skills
1 bard/mage

Atlantic (10 good characters and 2 houses):
2 tamers
1 carpenter/tinker/fletcher
1 mage/scribe
1 mage/alchemist/cook
1 stealth mage with lockpicking
1 stealth mage in training to be a faction thief/tracker/detector/remover
1 armswoman
1 swordsman

Sonoma (16 good characters and 1 house):
3 tamers
1 miner/LJ/bard
1 tailor/smith
1 mage/scribe/alchemist/cook
1 tinker
3 archers
1 macer
1 swordswoman
1 begger/fisherwoman
1 bard/mage
1 faction thief/tracker/detector/trap remover

Legends (16 good characters and 1 house):
3 tamers
1 miner/LJ/bard
1 tailor/smith
1 archer
1 macer
1 swordswoman
1 bard/mage
1 bard/thief/lockpick mage
2 stealth mages with various combinations of skills
2 faction thieves with tracking, detect, and trap removal

Origin (7 good characters and 1 house):
1 tamer
1 miner/LJ/bard
1 tailor/smith
1 archer
1 stealth mage in training to be a faction thief/tracker/detector/remover

Napa (8 good characters and 1 house):
2 tamers
1 miner/LJ/bard
1 tailor/smith
1 fencer
1 faction thief/tracker/detector/trap remover

Pacific (11 good characters and 1 house):
1 tamer
1 miner/LJ/bard
1 tailor/smith
1 armswoman
1 swordswoman
1 bard/mage
1 beggar/fisherwoman
1 bard/lockpick/thief
1 stealth mage in training for factions for stealing, tracking, detecting, trap removing

Oceania (10 good characters and 1 house)
2 tamers
1 miner/LJ/bard
1 tailor/smith
1 archer
1 swordswoman
1 bard/mage
1 stealth mage

Europa (3 good characters and 1 house):
1 carpenter/tinker/fletcher/LJ
1 mage/scribe

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two accounts. I only have the 2nd one to hold a recruitment stone. And really, when I used to play on Napa, I only seriously played 3 characters.

So... you win.

C

canary

I have two accounts. I only have the 2nd one to hold a recruitment stone. And really, when I used to play on Napa, I only seriously played 3 characters.

So... you win.
Well, I'm not sure you 'win' if you toss a large chunk of change at EA's feet.

Agree to disagree.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We used to have 4 accounts we played regularly, but at my peak I had as many as 9 open. Now, only one is still open, but it will close when the last of the time runs out. That account has been open from around beta, so its pretty old. Far as finances, had several billions gold wise at my peak, now about 1 billion. All my gold was earned legitimately, but I worked hard for it. I will always have my memories which will always be more precious than gold to me.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Addiction was deep enough to play till serverdown and wait for it to come up for a try on daily rares. To call in sick because of UO (at least on Malas placement fiasco and the great IDOC fall day - that I remember). To invest a pretty penny in internet connection to lower the ping from 300 with 10% to something more playable, but 300ms and 0% loss was playable at the time...
But alas, no longer. AoS killed it for me, when most friends left and calculator was necessary for everything, my lovely bard was killed shortly before that.
I have 2 active accounts, because they are both "my main", so I either close or keep them both, but I hardly ever play.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Poo... Thank you!.... Here I thought I was bad!...

Lets see... I have 8 accounts active 3 accounts that aren't.

I role-play on GL so that's where the vast majority of my characters are that have any skill to speak of.

Account #1 (I'll call it this as it was my first account) it's 90 months old. Has max storage house near Swamp and Britain right on the road.

1. Archer/mage/Paly
2. Tamer/mage
3. Fisherman/Spellweaver/inscriptionist/mage
4. Smith/mule
5. Tamer/mule
6. blank mule named the same as #4 used for skill gaining
7. Character named for other account house holder

Account #2 Youngest account at 4 years old. Has 18x18.

1. pure mage
2. pally/swords (not worked)
3. Tamer 80% done
4. Blank character for skill working

Account #3 This account and 2 other were given to me by a friend that quit. He made the 5 original characters that I got some of them I did change names of and one I changed his sex. And one of the accounts was only a house holder so I deactivated it.

1. Tamer/mage (faction)
2. Bard/pure
3. Paly/Swords
4. Blank char for skill working
5. Paly archer
6. Resource gathering char

Account #4 Second one of the accounts given to me by Friend.
Has max storage house.
1. Paly/swords
2. Tamer/mage
3. 120 mule
4. Fisherman/archer
5. Necro/Mage
6. Pure Mage

Account #5 Account I purchased so I could dye leather.. needed an older account (this was WAY back about 6 months after I started) Has max storage house.

1. Blank char for house holding
2. Tamer/mage
3. Paly/macing
4. Investigator (GM forensics, GM Tracking and working on GM detect)
5. Ninja/fencer
6. Necro/mage

Account #6 Account started as a "free" account never shut it off... used it to hold a house for RP reasons.

1. Necro/swords
2. RP character no skills
3. RP character GM herding
4. T-Hunter in Training
5. Archer/mage
6. Beggar!

Account #7 This account was given to me when I almost quit once. Has a Max storage house.

1. GM T-Hunter 120 bard
2. Blank character used for working skills
3. 120's Mule
4. Thief/mage
5. Nox/Necro/mage

Account #8 (Really should be main account this is the account I use more often then not) Bought this account right after I almost quit.... wasn't going to but I couldn't resist. Has Max storage home.

1. 120's mule
2. 120's Tamer
3. 120's all Paly/Fencer
4. 110/Necro/mage/stealther
5. Nox/paly/Fencer
6. Stealth Archer 120's
7. Blank Char for working skills

Most all the Characters on GL are fairly finished.... those that aren't I log them in a few times a week get their GGS Gain of the day and log them out. The tamers go tame 5 Unicorns/Kirins once or twice a week and gain points at the zoo and skills. Most all the characters I have used in one way or another for RP reasons.... There are many that I created and deleted over the years for RP reasons. Some characters have changed name, race and or sex many times over the years as well. Never owned a castle or Keep as I am more interested in House deco and design and well.... there isn't much of that in one of those.

2 of the Accounts have at least 5 characters on all shards for X-Sharding gifts and such they came this way.....

Some of the accounts are SOOOO old they were created far before there was any sort of name restrictions.... this is VERY obvious.... I don't log those characters in or out much as I really don't want them seen but all those characters are unique and they started with 100 gold and many still have "a practice weapon" of some sort. They are facinating so I never deleted them... These characters are on accounts that were given to me.... well over 100 months old.

I played some on Legends once so there are characters there that do have skills worked. My son played on Pacific years ago so those characters are all GMed out.... He left before powerscrolls so none of them have those. Both of us started characters on Lake Superior but neither of us remained there.... so those characters are somewhat worked up...

Most my tamers have the new Dread Warhorses and Greater Dragons. I have plants and deco items coming out my ears.... full set of the globes, full set of the mini house's... Not really into "rare" rares collecting. Only collect what catches my eye is cheap enough (I'm a cheapskate and hate to pay more than i think I should for something.... and honestly I'd rather get the thing all by myself. Most the junk I own I've gathered myself either through hunting, crafting or IDOCing...

I'm still into Role-play and unless I were to lose any of my accounts or they close down UO I don't think I'll ever stop playing or stop being into Role-play on GL.... Can't see myself moving off GL either unless UO created a shard just for role-play.... though even then I'd be hard pressed to leave or transfer if EA didn't offer free transfers.

So I think you have me beat there Poo.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sadly i cant boast the same amount that others here can *tips hat in salute to their work*

However i played in the very early days till about.... 2001 i think,
started back a year or so ago.
I play on two accounts.
1st account.
Legends- Sampire with darkwood suit, (use him to assist family members)
and sadly that is it for that account. (share account so its not all bad)

2nd account is my main.
1st char.
Catskills- 110 fence, 100 healing(110 with jewlery), 100 tactics, 100 bushido, 70 chiv, 40 necro, 90 parry (yes another sampire)
2. My mage/weaver/tamer (fun fun fun)
3.Stealthin bard with ninjitsu (still in training for a looong time)
4. Blacksmith tailor
5.Most developed- 120 med. 111.5/120 necro, 110 magery 110 eval 105/120 spirit, 100 resist (personal fav for spawns and rp)

all 4 of the fighter chars are rp.

so... i may not have the skills and all the rest up, but i still have fond memories to last me .
*personal goal, gm every skill*

L

Lady_Mina

How bad is my addiction?

I only have one account...and two completely developt chars.

I'm pretty addicted and i'm truly ashamed about it.

I notice that i'm being up later and later...delaying stuff and appointments.

And it's truly sick...i really need to do something about it.

It's like Uo is draining all the juice from my life...and everything seems to boring if it's not UO...

K

Kith Kanan

If you too addicted go buy some runic hammers... EA will take care of it then , going from 10 to 4-5 account this week , to make up for the loss EA being freaking muppets is gonna cost me....

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 accounts between Arlon and I. Our girls play on 2 of them. We have mostly finished char on our mains. As to addiction, yes we've taken off days to do special events or releases of expansions. Never called in sick but if we had a date we made arrangements. Played from server up til server down, took a break during down time, only to do it again and again lol. Waited for a store to open on the day of release of expansions. (not early waiting but a few minutes before) Still play them all, still have a good time. Been through Ren, AoS, Moonlgow housing rush, Tokuno housing rush. Malas housing rush, all the changes to weapons, skills, armor etc. Yet to us this game has something no other game we've tried has...a great community and I feel a really great future. Call me a Fangirl thats ok.

Ori

D

Dor of Sonoma

*thanks the gods that there's a Poo in her UO life*

Seriously! :)

It's players like you who keep my eleven years interesting and worthwhile.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I thought I'd add my UO addiction to this thread.

All told I have 11 accounts now.

I started my own account in July 2002, then soon after purchased a friend's account because he quit UO. Before AoS I had already started a third account then another one during the AoS gift promotion. My nephew also started playing during AoS. My step-son had already been playing a lot on my third account. Since he and my nephew were the same age they mostly played together.

I started another account in May 2003 to hold a house I wanted and I didn't want to give up any of my current houses. I started two more accounts in 2007, both for houses. Also in 2007 I acquired my best friend's two accounts. He quit and has been playing WoW for almost two years. One of his accounts was six BOD runners. I already had eight BOD runners spread amongst 3 of my accounts.

As of today I have five active accounts and six are inactive. I have seven houses.

I have;
(14) BOD runners, all 120 blacksmith/tailor, most have Arms-Lore
(3) dexxers, 1 is an archer
(3) mages, 1 is GM scribe
(2) tamers
(1) lumberjack
(1) T-Hunter
(3) Miners
(1) Detective
(1) Fisherwoman/mage/chef, not finished

I'm pretty sure that almost all my characters have GM magery. A few use the Alchemists Bauble so they only have 90 real skill. Almost all the BOD runners have tinkering and about half have mining. Four of them are total mules and can make most craftable items.

That about sums it up. I've been addicted to this game since even before I had my own first account. I played on a friend's account. I play less and less these days and since I have spent most of the last two years almost exclusively crafting and doing BODs, this latest round of duping and the valorite hammer fiasco has really got me wondering, more than ever, if it's not about time to close this chapter of my life. It's hard to decide. It is after all, an addiction right? LOL.

S

Salty Pete

1 account with almost no complete charaters.... Maybe a couple of million in cash and items. I have had as much as 50 million and as little as 10k between when I started in 2000 and now. My account age only reads 3 years. A lot of half assery and short cuts along with very little desire to play AoS UO.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hehe, i still find it fun to do what i did when i first started playing UO back in '97

thats start off at yew at the abby nakid.
run down to the graveyard and kill skels till i get a full suit then go out on dungeon crawls.

hence my fetish for bone armour suits i guess.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 years. One account with an 18x18.
I have everything I need between my 6 slots and soulstones, don't even need anything else, never saw the need for a second account. I figure if I need anything else I can buy that 7th slot code.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one account, and I never will have more. I don't even have time to play more than 3 characters. My account was created at the beginning of 1998, right after the game was released. My first character had a terrible name, and I played him for 2 years until I deleted him. He had like 40 points in almost every skill. He felt rich with 2000 gold coins in the bank, and he felt lucky when his Recall didn't fizzle and was able escape the murderers. I remember these days of innocence, when a group of people was needed to slay a Troll!

Then my pirate life began!
  • Hawkeye Pike, my main character, has been a dedicated pirate and fencer from the very beginning. Back in 1998, he probably was the only GM fencer in the game. Back then, fencing was a useless fighting skill. The skills weren't by far as balanced as they are today. But I didn't care, I played and play this character only for roleplaying and fun. Then suddenly, by the end of 1998, fencing was changed and suddenly became as powerful as the other melee skills. It suddenly took 4 murderers to take me down, and they found not much in my dead body:

• I have the obligatory mule, who is GM in almost every crafting skill. Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Alchemy, Mining, Carpentry, and so on. I hate BODs, although I occasionally do them to get a low-level runic hammer. I never managed to get a runic tailoring kit though.

• Third character (the direct successor of my terribly named first character) started as a Mage/Archer, which was the common PvP template back in the Early Days. But times have changed, characters became more diversified, and I soulstoned his Archery and learned Spellweaving instead. He is a pure PvM mage.

• Fourth is a Ninja stealther. Recently added parrying to his skills. I don't play him much, currently. I'll probably use him in situations where Ninjitsu and Stealthing seems useful (like the Casca quest).

• Fifth is my newest character, and my most powerful one. The brother of Hawkeye! It is a really uncommon and complicated template with Magery and Fencing. This character requires a bunch of special equipment and artifacts to work, and a very good knowledge about special moves, spells and technical things. He would not work with simple GM-made items. He is excellent in both PvP and PvM, but especially in PvP. In duels, he simply cannot be killed. Against a very good fighter, it will always be a tie.

I do use 2 soulstones, but my characters' skills don't change much. I like to think of them as individuals, persons with personal preferences and character. That's why each of these characters has his individual clothes that never change, and individual skills they prefer.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes (16 good characters and 3 houses)
Baja (21 good characters and 9 houses)
Atlantic (10 good characters and 2 houses)
Sonoma (16 good characters and 1 house)
Legends (16 good characters and 1 house)
Origin (7 good characters and 1 house)
Napa (8 good characters and 1 house)
Pacific (11 good characters and 1 house)
Oceania (10 good characters and 1 house)
Europa (3 good characters and 1 house)
When do you play all those characters?

S

Sarphus

I have a pretty organized setup, but probably only a fraction of the time or money investment that you have. I have to budget my playtime and money spent on UO or my wife gets grumpy.

I thought about setting up on multiple shards, but ultimately decided that I'd break the budget if I did that.

My setup consists of 2 accounts (7 chars each) that are generally designed to work together. The plan is to eventually run 2 chars simultaneously and have the chars cover each other's weaknesses. The limitation of my strategies is always revolves around how much I can physcially control.

I like playing tamers, so I have a bunch of them right now. Currently I think I have 6 of them, but most of them just function as pet storage. For instance, I wanted to keep a pack of those dark wolves in case they were a 1 time only pet (pack instinct pets with 200+ hp are good to have...). Only one of my tamers is 120 in the taming skills, but I'm sure I'll have more at some point. I just ggs taming sills, so it takes a while for a tamer to get done.

I'm also OCD, but my obsessions tend to be focused on a single shard. Instead of building characters all over the place, I try to build "do everything" characters. I have 50+ full soulstones on my main account and 10 full soulstones on my alt account. I'm not sure how many fragments I have, but I try to use them to store skills that I'm not likely to need frequently. My obsessions tend to focus on doing the things that everyone does, but doing those things as good as possible. Because of this, I naturally spend a lot of my time trying to find better gear. The rest of my time is spent by testing out non-standard character templates to look for things "sleeper templates" that aren't being commonly run.

One of my goals is to get one of each super slayer scrapper's. I currently have 3 of them (undead, demon and reptile). This goal is particularly centered around building the strongest possible PVM caster. My pvm casters have performed very well at champ spawns and get a lot of artifact drops in ToT-style drop systems. I also have a caster hybrid that rocks the pants off of sanctuary (quest for a strongbox)

Another of my goals is to find and tame the best possible pets. I spent a lot of time farming bakes, rune beetles and greater dragons. I have not seen a better specimen than my best in those 3 pet types. I have a greater dragon that 7 off from max possible resists as well as high skill caps and strength (he's MEAN). I have a rune beetle with max str/dex, high resists and skills. I also have a rune beetle with near max resists and high skills/stats. Basically, one of those is for tanking and the other is for doing tons of damage. I have a few bakes with > 55 in all resists and near 90 fire resist. In short, my pets are unparalleled :)

I don't just focus on the combat aspects of UO, though. I play the whole game. I do well in the combat aspects of UO (both pvp and pvm), but I also do things like house deco.

I don't think I'll ever get more than 2 accounts, but you never know. At one point I thought about getting more accounts to make it easier to make a SW focus, but I decided it just wasn't worth spending my entire gaming budget to do that.

F

feath

i first played in '99 (lizzardman! run!), left, came back 2 years ago.
at my max, i had 8 accounts running, with char's on all shards.
i was down to 4 accounts, reopened a 5th, and now about to close two more.
only my main account has fully developed characters, with almost all skills stoned, that aren't being used. some, like magery, has been done 3 times over, so chars that need it can get to it.
each account has a house, keep or castle. used mainly for storage. i'm a pack rat, and hate selling stuff.
i wont list all the chars with their skills, just to say all main characters (mage, tamer, bard and crafters) are all at highest skill levels game gives you. i only seem to be playing my mage now, though.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 accounts. 1 to play on. The other four to hold houses for the alliance player town.

A

Aboo

I played since September 1997, the day they opened the servers. I only have 5 accounts now but at one time I had 16.

I was just telling my sister yesterday that it's kind of sad that I've played as long as I have and I only have 1 char completely finished. That's one of my Legendary Tamers. I have another legendary tamer that is at 115 vet and needs to be at 120 then she would be finished.

My favority char is my bard, who if I ever finished her would be legendary in Provocation. Right now she is legendary in Musicianship and Peacemaking. Alas not sure she will ever get finished.

I go in spurts playing chars and working them up. Maybe someday I will completely finish chars on 1 account, but then again maybe not.

I've never called in sick to play although I have taken vacation when I knew something was going to happen. I placed a house when Zento opened even though I had cataract surgery that day and only had 1 eye to play with.

I've never taken a break other than the occasional week vacation or weekend trip. All five of the accounts I have now have been active since I started them and one has been active since UO started.

R

RenaLynne

Have two accounts, two 18by18s, and five completely finished characters on my main account. Sad thing is that my 2nd account is solely for storage.
Tailor/Carpenter/Chef/Tinker/Mage
Archer
Tamer
Thief/Lockpicker
Mace Fighter
Training a Ninja
Have an extra tailor for bods

Addicted? I find myself playing less and less and trying to find reasons to get on, and stay on and do something. First couple days I played I couldnt pry my butt from the seat, "that big unknown world and all that", now not so much. Oh, and Ive been playing for 3 years.

N

Ni-

Well...

I have been playing for what? 9-10 years? I started just after T2A. I have never been much of a power gamer, even though I had spent alot of my time at some points playing this game. I've only had 2 120 scrolls (Smith/Tailor), which are both done I think... I've never had a Castle or a Keep(I have 2 18x18's a couple screens apart), but that is partially because I like being creative and customizable housing allows for so much more in that area.

Most of my chars skills and suits are 'good enough'. I don't have multitudes of cash to by perfect suits. Most of my non-mages have 60-70 suits. I just recently upgraded some of my non-arti pieces for my mages. I have ethies for 10 of my 12 chars, i think(I think my tamer(tames own mount)) and crafter(rides fire beetle) don't have ethies).

I have fit most of the skills that I wanted to into most of my chars.
I have...
- a crafter with: Smith, Tailor, Carp, Fletching, Tinkering, Mining.
- a Bard/Mage
- a Necro/Mage/Spellweaver
- a Tamer/Mage/Treasure Hunter
- a Scribe/Alchemist/Mage/Fisher
- a (fire)Mage/Spellweaver/Alchemist(bomber)
- a DPS-Archer
- a Sampire(Swords)
- a Palidin/Detective: Macing, Chivalry, GM Forensics(for the title)
- a Rogue/Ninja/Dex-Archer
- a Rogue/Assassin(Fencer)
- an orc crafter{Smith/Tailor for the GM Mark(crafted by an orc)}

This selection allows me to play just about anything I'd want to, from RPing to mid-high PvM. I don't PvP.

I know I haven't accomplished as much as others, but I'm ok with that. Besides there should always be something for me to strive for. To me it's not the destination, it's the journey.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been playing since Sept, 97. I have 4 total accounts, 2 have been open since the game started a third is 9 years old, and the 4th is 5 years.

Each account has a main char and then 5 other flunkies :D. I really only play my main char most of the time. Playtime runs in streaks depending on RL.

D

Der Rock

4 accounts here but

only 1 acc. open from time to time,sometimes all are closed,
the BAD release of KR (and closing the 3D client) killed my fun to play uo almost total
the player made UI´s helps more and more, but KR is still not playable for me for longer times,
an hour here and there,thats it

D

Devil_Woman

Seven accounts that range in age from 107 months to 42 months. Only one completely finished character, and that's my crafter. Many others are in varying stages of near completion which is to say they have only one skill left to finish, maybe two.

I like the variety of lots of different kinds of characters so I can always find something fun to do if I get bored with any one particular activity. I enjoy getting to be a multiple personality. :coco:

I also enjoy house designing and decorating, and seven accounts means seven houses to play around with. :thumbup: