• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How come we can "Like" posts but not "Not Like" them?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I know... Not very important, but i'm bored here and just kinda thought... Well why can't we "Not Like" or "Dislike" posts here on stratics? I mean This is probly the wrong section to post this in to but it makes no sense to me why we can like a post but not "not like" a post. You can "UNLIKE" a post, but then why doesn't it keep track of who "unlikes" your post like it does with the people who like it? Makes no sense :-/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Always wondered that myself... Never know might be interesting ..... but then you'd have someone who WANTED to be the most disliked.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already asked for this in the Suggestions forum but the staff feel that trolls may mi-use it. Can't imagine that happening myself.
I also asked for the ability to like my own posts but don't think that will be added either.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think a Dislike options would be nice to have as it may spare some aggressive reply if the posters easy can show that they dislike an idea or opinion.

Why not try it

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a Dislike options would be nice to have as it may spare some aggressive reply if the posters easy can show that they dislike an idea or opinion.

Why not try it
I dislike this post.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also asked for the ability to like my own posts but don't think that will be added either.
LOL, first thing that hit my mind when I read this was "You know yourself well enough already!" Or whatever it is the system says to ya.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry, folks. Too easy to abuse.

Troll Easy Mode
[OFF] ON

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*dislikes*

*winks*

S

Sevin0oo0

I can understand the nature behind the dislike, which bluntly, is quite rude, what if there was a STFU button, same thing? or a take your opinion elsewhere.
More correctly, you "disagree" with the Poster? any comment against usually just spurs them to make multiple more of the same, because Dislike = defend your statement and further explain it please.
If you don't like it, don't provoke them, stay silent, let it die on its own. be smarter than a button