• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] How close are you to completing your collection?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so any begger worthy of his title knows about the items you can get from the Elves. (For those of you who don't, the list is below. And shame on you!) And I got to wondering how many of us bums have a complete collection, or how close we are to it. I just hit 82 on my begger last night, and my collection is growing nearly complete. I'm still missing the bed roll, Sake & the Plate of Cookies. It's exciting for me to try and complete this collection by getting all the items myself. I could easily trade some of my duplicates or buy the items I'm lacking, but that would take the sense of accomplishment out of it for me.

For those of you who don't know, here's the list of items.
Level 1 Items:
Water Pitcher (normal)
Water Pitcher (reversed)
French Bread

Level 2 Items:
Lantern
Pizza
Bowl of Stew
Wedge of Cheese
Bunch of Dates
Shirt
Pitcher of Liquor (normal)
Pitcher of Liquor (reversed)

Level 3 Items:
Bedroll
Pitcher of Wine (normal)
Pitcher of Wine (reversed)
Bottle of Wine (empty)
Flower Garland (2 directions / & \)
Plate of Cookies
Fishing Pole
Fish Steak (Cooked)
Sake (same graphic as Tokuno artifact)
Turnip

S

Salty Pete

I still haven't been able to grab these:

Pitcher of Wine (normal)
Pitcher of Wine (reversed)
Bottle of Wine (empty)
Flower Garland (2 directions / & \)
Plate of Cookies
Fishing Pole
Fish Steak (Cooked)
Sake (same graphic as Tokuno artifact)
Turnip

I am thinking that they are ML only or that I have just been extremely unlucky.

W

Warrior of Time

If you do't have ML then you can't go down into Heartwood. There you will have no trouble getting the ones you want.

S

Salty Pete

If you do't have ML then you can't go down into Heartwood. There you will have no trouble getting the ones you want.
On Sonoma we have 4 NPCs outside of Elfywood that give the items. I have all the others, just not the ones I indicated.

W

Warrior of Time

With only 4 it will take a long time to get them all. With 25 or so in Heartwood it will take weeks to get them all. Seems you have it rougher than I did. I wish you luck.

L

Lunaticus

Bleh, now that I'm actually posting what I'm missing, the list looks huge! To date, I lack the following items:

Pitcher of Wine (both directions)
Bottle of Wine (empty)
Flower Garland (missing the reversed \ direction)
Bedroll
Fishing Pole
Cooked Fish Steak
Sake

Hey, but at least I can lay claim to a turnip, that has to count for something, lol.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleh, now that I'm actually posting what I'm missing, the list looks huge! To date, I lack the following items:

Pitcher of Wine (both directions)
Bottle of Wine (empty)
Flower Garland (missing the reversed \ direction)
Bedroll
Fishing Pole
Cooked Fish Steak
Sake

Hey, but at least I can lay claim to a turnip, that has to count for something, lol.
I have 2. :lick:

K

Kyrie_Elaison

So those are only available from Elves? I guess my char will have to change to an Elf. :sad4:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are only available from the Heartwood elves. Any character (human or elf) with the begging skill can get them.

F

Fink

I'm yet to get these:

Pitcher of Wine (normal/reversed) <-- I only have fakes, empty pitchers refilled with wine.

Bottle of Wine (empty)

Flower Garland (one direction only)

Fishing Pole

Sake

Still trying.. :)

W

Warrior of Time

I'm yet to get these:

Pitcher of Wine (normal/reversed) <-- I only have fakes, empty pitchers refilled with wine.

Bottle of Wine (empty)

Flower Garland (one direction only)

Fishing Pole

Sake

Still trying.. :)

How high is your begging skill? I was thinking that the pitcher of wine started reasonably low. Been a long time since I was working twords GM and I still have people that see the GM Beggar ask things like that. I know that I didn't get the Saki till I was GM. (my bad luck) but those I got at a reasonble rate. I hope I have not misinformed people that it was at or about 50. Seems I am getting in a rut of not being able to remember things.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I got my first pitcher of wine before I even got to 65. I was surprised to see it, I thought I would have to be a higher skill before I started seeing level 2 and 3 items.

A

Annienox

Ok I started my begger today and im only at 53 something in skill. I have recieved all of level 1, bowl of stew, lantern, bunch of dates, and a pitcher of liquor. Not to bad for the first hour I dont think. :D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night I got my bedroll. So now I just need the plate of cookies, and the ever elusive sake.

W

Warrior of Time

Seems now you know why I don't mind giving away all the stuff I beg for except MY saki.

Even if you get more than one you tend never to let go of it.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will never part with any Sake I get. No matter how many I have. I will proudly display it in my "Begging Sake Museum Room"

L

Lord Drakelord

Seems now you know why I don't mind giving away all the stuff I beg for except MY saki.

Even if you get more than one you tend never to let go of it.
ya if I had an extra I be sure to display it at another house with cups from Tokuno

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a bottle of tokuno sake sitting on my counter in my kitchen, but everyone has those. I want the unique begging tag on mine. I like to stand out from the crowd.

C

Capricious

I have everything but the sake and the reversed pitcher of wine. Hopefully will get those before I GM.

F

Fink

How high is your begging skill? I was thinking that the pitcher of wine started reasonably low.
I'm GM, although I'm pretty sure skill level doesn't affect "level" or % chance of begged items, only the success/fail skill check.

C

Capricious

Got the reversed wine pitcher yesterday. Now all I need is the sake.

Actually have a second set in the works and all its missing is the reversed wine pitcher and the sake as I've gotten duplicates of at least one of everything else. Only 9 points to go until GM so hopefully will at least get the sake by then. -hopes-

L

Lord Drakelord

I've got a bottle of tokuno sake sitting on my counter in my kitchen, but everyone has those. I want the unique begging tag on mine. I like to stand out from the crowd.
my is in a box on the roof of the tower I have in Yew, with the rest of the begging items, all except the empty bottle.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

I saw this thread and thought I'd add my collection, I didn't realize how much I did have until I really looked at it. Now some of the odd colored pitchers are emptied water pitchers from begging that you can refill with anything, but the ones you are supposed to get, water, liquor and wine are all authentic. I have a book by the box that explains that the ones aren't "real" beggables so not to be fooled. I still don't have the sake, :( and I gave away my other flower garland to a friend, hoping to get another soon... But here it is enjoy.

Attachments