• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How can i test the new rewards?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa is down so i thought i can test the new rewards and stuff, but there is no command to get them or?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We apparently don't need to test them,'cuz ya know Mythic's track record on bugless items is so extensive and all. :spider:

What could possibly go wrong?

/sarcasm

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have fun with that... I wanted to check them out too.... especially those rugs. But alas it's not meant to be.

And if your wondering there doesn't seem to be a way to test out your xmas gifts either.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are things in new haven now including a vet reward gate but although it changed my account age to 180 now it tells me on loging in im too young to claim anything or something rediculious mind you my account is far from being to young to begin with... but BLAH

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can double click the statues by the gate to receive them.

Now my question is....how do we TEST them. They for the most part need to be locked down in a house, which I don't have one on TC1 and the house placement tool won't let me place :/

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a char on test center with a blank plot I placed a week or so ago. I'll build on it to give as much floor space as I can and co own as many people as possible.

Corrupted Crystal Portal:

Rugs (don't appear to have a security setting):

I'm dropping runes for the house in Haven, there's a rune back to haven locked down on the steps. Access is set 'anyone' on doors, teleporters, metal tub and the portal. There's also dyes to change the tub and a selection of metal armor and weapons in a bag.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. No statue for the boura? Are they that proud of it? :coco:

Could the rugs possibly come in a round version (chose an option when placing it)? These HUGE ovals look like bathmats. Facing should be an option when placing it too, individual East/South items aren't really acceptable for vet rewards.

The rose rug seriously needs the white toned down to a non-fallout shade, its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too white.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those rugs should make a fine addition to any UO bathroom.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirate rug looks stunning, The other two are a tad bright for me..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*coughs*
I set everything 'anyone' but forgot to make the hose public. Doh!!

Fixed now.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't use the rugs unless you are the house owner it appears. Co-owned doesnt allow.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhh. I wondered how that was going to work, there's no 'security' setting

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
these are just way too big... designs are nice, color could use some toning down on the rose design, and they really, really need to be a bit smaller.... four tiles wide and because of losing south and east tiles along walls they will not fit in corridors of castles

rose could maybe be darker red and the background muted a bit?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admit, my first reaction on placing one, having failed the first couple of attempts, was 'good grief, they're enormous'.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless there is a trick to it, you cannot place these rugs in smaller homes. I realize most have large homes anymore but I tried in an 8x8 to see without success. I hope they come with a caveat stating this before you choose :)

D

Deb

I agree that rugs are definitely too big, although they are awesome looking.
The pirate one has to be my fave of the 4.
Maybe there is still time to shrink them a bit. For those that do have smaller
houses.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should be made square or round option..
Plus 1 week per item is a little long dont you think..
And yes the colors can be toned down some...please...

Portal seems to be a good idea if your new to a server and someone has it set to public..

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the metal dye tub, however it does not dye metal shields. I hope this is a bug and not intended.

The rugs are cool but too big. I like the skull and crossbones the best. The rose rug is too bright. I would choose an off-white background and a muted pink rose.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with others on rugs, the non-pirate rugs should maybe be dulled a bit.

One question: why the repetitive "dungeon" command? Why not "Fel Shame," or "Trammel Shame?" I mean, all it does is dungeons, right?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the metal dye tub, however it does not dye metal shields. I hope this is a bug and not intended.

The rugs are cool but too big. I like the skull and crossbones the best. The rose rug is too bright. I would choose an off-white background and a muted pink rose.
Did you try a metal kite shield, the kind that can be dyed w/ regular dye tub? or other kinds of shields too?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you try a metal kite shield, the kind that can be dyed w/ regular dye tub? or other kinds of shields too?
I tried a heater shield, bronze shield, buckler, tear kite shield and a chaos shield.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the dye tub, why are we given the choices of the dozens of hideous shades on the right but not allowed the more subdued and not as annoying ones on the left? Moreover, why were the dozens of hideous shades even options at all aside from the answer that they were all made in the same way as that equally ugly bright white from the aniversary gifts that doesnt bleed? If that were really a problem for UO people by now i'd expect it would have been properly solved already.

And this still doesn't cover the reason people have always asked for metal dye tubs anyway.. that being the want of dying their armor the same base metal color (shadow, copper, val, etc) so they aren't mismatched without using the multitude of inappropriate bright colors that are available. What would have been so damned hard about giving the tub the same color set as the "special dye tub"?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My suggestion... Make the rugs smaller by about 20% maybe 30... perhaps 25 would be good..... Please oh please darken up the colors of the Dolphin and Rose... WAY too bright...

(I kinda agree they remind me of bathmats)... But I like the concept.

And be nice to the whole of us... make the selection of them like a banner deed... one deed to get a "rug" and then we can chose the rug style and facing at will each time we replace it. I would be peeved if I wasted a reward on a rug and then changed my decor and couldn't change my rug with it. At the VERY least let the deed allow us to change the facing at will...

B

Babble

Rugs should be a bit smaller and I had one placed near the steps of the house and you could not enter stepping over the rug then.

The metal dye is uhm ...boring/useless?
Better integrate those colours into plant dye system then

C

canary

Please god don't keep them oval. I agree with many others... its a bathroom rug.

Perhaps rectangle may make it look more palatable?

B

Babble

How about a pirate Banner? Though I seen some good player made ones

G

Gelf

placed a smaller house before i tried em and couldn't get to fit. they need to make an adjustment and add a smaller size rug in. this one is ok from the pics i seen but should give you an option for a smaller size one. for example give u the option of the one they got now(4x7) and say a smaller(2x4) one in menu when u try to place.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, those rugs are arse-ugly!
Ugh...agreed, they're hideous. It would be nice to have a smaller, say FLAG shaped pirate rug instead of that monstrosity that looks like it was purchased in the bed-&-bath section of wal-mart....

That and it looks like an oval image with frayed sides, they look more like portals than rugs, the artwork is so much different than other items in game.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
much of the recent art is a disappointment, and now that you made me think about it, perhaps the oval was used so that the lack of proper perspective would not be noticeable..... as much as, say, the recent planters *sigh*

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was so excited about the rugs, and now I'm so very, very disappointed... they are so ugly, way too big and way too bright.
I remember when Saphreena wrote about why she changed some of the animations in UO, for example the Trinsic rose. The flowers just didn't blend - the world of UO is more dark, and when you add bight items to the game, they look very, very out of place and incredibly ugly. She was completely right... these bright colors completely molested my poor eyes...

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I want to know where labrynth is located, never been there in all my 11 uo years. Or is this a player written information book?

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
W-NW of Umbra.....follow the rock wall. You'll see a little green crystal...double click and you'll goto an triangle shaped island in the void. Walk west from the gate and you'll see the gate to the Labrynth on the south side of the mountain.

Q

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
labyrinth is in malas... where is located the miasma... the minotaurs champion spawn...