• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] How can I improve on this template?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I created this character when the Chivalry skill was first introduced into the game. He has sat patiently over the past few years waiting for his chance at glory. I took him down to do the Mini Champ in the Cavern of the Discard and he did ok, but not like other warriors I see down there.

I want to keep him as close to the Paladin template as I can, but I need help on improving him. I have 15 DCI and I'm using a Soul Seeker. With EoO and Concecrate Weapon, I do 69 to 80 damage against the Renown. I usually do 79 to 95 damage against the second and third level spawn.

I have all 70 Resists with the following stats:

40 Int. 100 Str. 115 Dex. 255 Max unmodified, 50 Int. 110 Str. 125 Dex. with jewelry

100 Chivalry, 100 Focus, 120 Healing, 100 Parring, 100 Swordsmanship, 100 Tatics, 100 Anatomy

Thanks, Katrena

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I created this character when the Chivalry skill was first introduced into the game. He has sat patiently over the past few years waiting for his chance at glory. I took him down to do the Mini Champ in the Cavern of the Discard and he did ok, but not like other warriors I see down there.

I want to keep him as close to the Paladin template as I can, but I need help on improving him. I have 15 DCI and I'm using a Soul Seeker. With EoO and Concecrate Weapon, I do 69 to 80 damage against the Renown. I usually do 79 to 95 damage against the second and third level spawn.

I have all 70 Resists with the following stats:

40 Int. 100 Str. 115 Dex. 255 Max unmodified, 50 Int. 110 Str. 125 Dex. with jewelry

100 Chivalry, 100 Focus, 120 Healing, 100 Parring, 100 Swordsmanship, 100 Tatics, 100 Anatomy

Thanks, Katrena
if it was me id drop healing down to 90 and add bushido in place of focus but since you want to keep it paladin then your about as good as it gets.
you can tweak your suit tho..

get dex to 140 for the 4 second heals.
get your stam to 180 for max swing.
maybe id drop healing down to 90 and run 120 tactics and 110 anatomy.

you want 45 dci and as much hci as you can fit as well.

ring and brace can look like this.
dex 8
str 5
hci 15
dci 15
di 20

base stats could be
125 dex
100 str
25 int

then your suit you could make
stam 8
mana 7
hp 4 (remember hp+ only goes up to 25*)
lmc 7

then imbue one resist per piece.

it would be pretty easy to get all 70s if you make all 6 pieces and dont use arties.. i suppose you use a shield.. find one that has dci and hci.

if you have a crimmy dont add hp+ to each piece.. you get 10 from that.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could always drop focus to 80 and raise swords to 120 if you have the gold and can find a scroll. Since your using the Soul Seeker you don't need real high stamina, but getting at least over 140 will give you the 4 second heals. Not sure if your using 4/6 casting for close wounds as well. As aarons6 pointed out, you can always take a look at your suit, just because you have all 70's doesn't make it a good one.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could always drop focus to 80 and raise swords to 120 if you have the gold and can find a scroll. Since your using the Soul Seeker you don't need real high stamina, but getting at least over 140 will give you the 4 second heals. Not sure if your using 4/6 casting for close wounds as well. As aarons6 pointed out, you can always take a look at your suit, just because you have all 70's doesn't make it a good one.
i didnt notice he didnt have 120 swords, yeah do that.. drop focus and raise swords.. at least to 115 for pvm.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Thanks for the great advice. This is exactly the type of detailed information I needed. I have character's with Legendary Imbuing, Tailoring, and Blacksmithing, so I can make the jewelry and suit. Your right about my suit, it is all 70's but nothing else except for 100 LRC. I don't use close wounds at all because I keep getting interupted, so I only use bandages for my healing.

I have a couple more questions:

What material should I use to make the suit?

Is there a cap on DCI?

If I made a weapon to use, what type of weapon would be the best and the ideal properties?

Thanks, Katrena

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Thanks for the great advice. This is exactly the type of detailed information I needed. I have character's with Legendary Imbuing, Tailoring, and Blacksmithing, so I can make the jewelry and suit. Your right about my suit, it is all 70's but nothing else except for 100 LRC. I don't use close wounds at all because I keep getting interupted, so I only use bandages for my healing.

I have a couple more questions:

What material should I use to make the suit?

Is there a cap on DCI?

If I made a weapon to use, what type of weapon would be the best and the ideal properties?

Thanks, Katrena
DCI is capped at 45%, as is HCI, some people go over on both to counter-effect Divine Fury's DCI penalty and the Hit Lowers in PvP.

Remember, the Abyss is in effect level 1 of the Ultima universe's version of Hell.

You should expect to have over GM weapon skill to be able to perform well down there. I'd submit 120 Swords is much more useful than is 120 Healing or 100 Focus.

-Galen's player

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the changes to Chivalry take effect I`d recomend 120 Sword/120 Chivalry for your template.