• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How can I improve my sampire build?

TrackStar

Journeyman
Obviously I need to get some earrings. The 10 HCI from the last event are not financially an option atm. Are there items I should replace? Modifications I should make?

I am running:

Mace and Shield Reading Glasses
Balron Bone Armor
Animated Legs of The Insane Tinker
Crimson Cincture
Gloves of Feudal Grip
Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard (Replica)
Boots of Escaping
Despicable Quiver
An Bal Xen Talisman
====
Legendary Studded Sleeves of Haste
Legendary Arcane Leather Gorget of Vitality
Lesser ring and bracelet

sampirestats.PNG sampirestats2.PNG

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Armor refinements. May be you will no need what I wrote below.
At least physical and fire to 75. Also switch from mace and shield glasses to blackthorn plate helmet equivalent.
You have 15 more DI than cap. May be different jewels ?
Replace gorget with gladiator collar (remove mage property)
Try replacing Crimmy with Jumu (less HP but more Stamina)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Need more LMC and DCI. Ideally, you want at least 30% DCI (the cap if you refine Physical/Fire/Energy Resist for +5 each) and 53% LMC (highest you'll reach with Feudal Grip+M&S Blackthorn Helm in suit).
What are your Ring/Bracelet? I suggest using a clean Ring/Bracelet combo with 15% HCI/15% DCI/10% SSI/25% DI on each piece, mine also have +25% EP. You're completely lacking DCI right now.
If you're a Swords Sampire, and always using a Talisman that has 20% DI on it, then you could use the previous Jewelry suggestion to hit 100% DI at all times on gear (+50% from Jewelry, +30% from Feudal Grips, +20% from Talisman), and then replace the Animated Legs with Legendary Legs that are Mystic of Haste or Animated of Sorcery for additional +10% LMC. 180+ Stamina with 20% SSI is enough to swing a Double Axe at 1.25s speed.
Swap out the LT Sash for a Corgul's Enchanted Sash. Get +5% DCI/+1 Stam that way, more useful for a Sampire than the 2 MR/10% LRC/+5 INT.

He needs a Legendary 10% LMC Gorget and Arms with +Stam on it. Gorget/Arms with the combination of Mystic of Haste or Animated of Sorcery would be best for him.
The Crimson Cincture is better for him than Ozymandia's Obi. Most Sampires (especially Swords or Fencer ones) don't need 210+ Stam, 180+ is fine.

Last edited:

TrackStar

Journeyman
Armor refinements. May be you will no need what I wrote below.
At least physical and fire to 75. Also switch from mace and shield glasses to blackthorn plate helmet equivalent.
You have 15 more DI than cap. May be different jewels ?

So switch to the helm from glasses to protect stamina loss?

TrackStar

Journeyman
Need more LMC and DCI. Ideally, you want at least 30% DCI (the cap if you refine Physical/Fire/Energy Resist for +5 each) and 53% LMC (highest you'll reach with Feudal Grip+M&S Blackthorn Helm in suit).
What are your Ring/Bracelet? I suggest using a clean Ring/Bracelet combo with 15% HCI/15% DCI/10% SSI/25% DI on each piece, mine also have +25% EP. You're completely lacking DCI right now.
If you're a Swords Sampire, and always using a Talisman that has 20% DI on it, then you could use the previous Jewelry suggestion to hit 100% DI at all times on gear (+50% from Jewelry, +30% from Feudal Grips, +20% from Talisman), and then replace the Animated Legs with Legendary Legs that are Mystic of Haste or Animated of Sorcery for additional +10% LMC. 180+ Stamina with 20% SSI is enough to swing a Double Axe at 1.25s speed.
Swap out the LT Sash for a Corgul's Enchanted Sash. Get +5% DCI/+1 Stam that way, more useful for a Sampire than the 2 MR/10% LRC/+5 INT.

He needs a Legendary 10% LMC Gorget and Arms with +Stam on it. Gorget/Arms with the combination of Mystic of Haste or Animated of Sorcery would be best for him.
The Crimson Cincture is better for him than Ozymandia's Obi. Most Sampires (especially Swords or Fencer ones) don't need 210+ Stam, 180+ is fine.
Here's the jewelry.

I was trying to avoid spending money and seeing what I could pull from my collection but I'm realizing despite collecting hundreds of jewelry pieces that my options aren't that great.

I'm under the impression crafted jewelry is pretty limited or I'd do that. Guess I'll tryout VS.

What type of material should I look for with the gorget and sleeves? I bet I have something in my collection that matches what you suggest.

Attachments

TrackStar

Journeyman
What earrings should I get besides the extremely expensive 10HCI ones from last event that I very much regret not using turn ins on... lol

TrackStar

Journeyman

If I do 15% DCI on ring and bracelet and corgul's enchanted sash (+5% DCI) that brings me to 35% and then I'll be over capped if I refine each of my resists to +5.

What do?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So switch to the helm from glasses to protect stamina loss?
stamina loss is existing somewhere, cannot notice it, really.
Helmet gives you +1LMC (can go over cap) and you can apply refinement to it.
If you cannot find (or afford) higher refinements, at least use "of defense" and increase your fire and physical resists as high as possible.

20(at least) DCI helps a lot too. Enemies hit you less. Especially paragons with their wrestling being above 120

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's the jewelry.

I was trying to avoid spending money and seeing what I could pull from my collection but I'm realizing despite collecting hundreds of jewelry pieces that my options aren't that great.

I'm under the impression crafted jewelry is pretty limited or I'd do that. Guess I'll tryout VS.

What type of material should I look for with the gorget and sleeves? I bet I have something in my collection that matches what you suggest.
It's not too hard to find clean 10% SSI Jewelry for sale (at least on Atlantic), and then imbue what else you need on it. You can also check the corpse loot of most every mob you kill during the Treasures of Event, and specifically look at the Jewelry, i looted a few clean 10% SSI pieces off of White Wyrms and other mobs during Treasures of Deceit/Ice/Fire. That's what i did for my Jewelry (they were Lesser/Greater Magic item to start with).
Studded/Hide/Bone would be best, for the added innate LMC. Legendary, with the afore-mentioned affixes so it has both 10% LMC and +Stam.

What earrings should I get besides the extremely expensive 10HCI ones from last event that I very much regret not using turn ins on... lol
For Elves, other than Solaria's Secret Poisons, there's not a whole lot that Earrings add. Humans can use the Nocturne Earrings for needed Night Sight, but Elves innately have Night Sight. There's Wamap's Bone Earrings, that add 40% Protection from a random Eodon mob, but they're not too useful other than the ones with Dragon Turtle Protection. There's also the Earrings of Protection from the UO Store that add 2% to a Resist, but those are fairly useless with Legendary Armor granting such high Resists. There's Yukio's Glass Earrings if you want 125 Luck/15% SDI (i'm wearing these for the Luck when farming Treasures drops), but they take durability damage and so will eventually break over time. If you really just want something to fill the slot, you could get the Transparent Heart earrings from the Compassion quest in Britain, no stats, but are Blessed.

Why does he want at least 30% DCI?
To avoid getting hit as much as possible. Some bosses hit so damn hard (Paroxysmus, Stygian Dragon, Putrifier, Paragon Balrons from Treasures events, etc) that you want to avoid getting hit by them as much as possible.
When facing a monster with 120 Wrest and you have 120 Wep Skill/0 DCI, they have an initial 50% chance to land a hit on you. Add GM Parry on top of that, and it's down to a 35% chance to take the hit. You'll have 15% chance to trigger Counter Attack with each of that enemy's swings.
Facing the same 120 Wrest monster with 120 Wep Skill/30% DCI, they have an initial 38% chance to land a hit on you. With GM Parry, it's down to 26%. You'll have 11% chance to trigger Counter Attack with each of that enemy's swings.
With 30% DCI, you have 9% less chance of being hit, 4% less chance of triggering Counter Attack. When facing multiple foes at once (like a WW situation), that 9% less chance to be hit adds up to a lot of avoided damage, yet you'll still be Parrying so often that you can trigger Counter Attack virtually every second.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To avoid getting hit as much as possible. Some bosses hit so damn hard (Paroxysmus, Stygian Dragon, Putrifier, Paragon Balrons from Treasures events, etc) that you want to avoid getting hit by them as much as possible.
When facing a monster with 120 Wrest and you have 120 Wep Skill/0 DCI, they have an initial 50% chance to land a hit on you. Add GM Parry on top of that, and it's down to a 35% chance to take the hit. You'll have 15% chance to trigger Counter Attack with each of that enemy's swings.
Facing the same 120 Wrest monster with 120 Wep Skill/30% DCI, they have an initial 38% chance to land a hit on you. With GM Parry, it's down to 26%. You'll have 11% chance to trigger Counter Attack with each of that enemy's swings.
With 30% DCI, you have 9% less chance of being hit, 4% less chance of triggering Counter Attack. When facing multiple foes at once (like a WW situation), that 9% less chance to be hit adds up to a lot of avoided damage, yet you'll still be Parrying so often that you can trigger Counter Attack virtually every second.
I only run 20 to 25 dci since I run 120 parry and bushido. I want to parry more than I want my DCI kicking in. It really depends on what build you are going with skill wise. I can see the use for higher dci if you are running low parry.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I only run 20 to 25 dci since I run 120 parry and bushido. I want to parry more than I want my DCI kicking in. It really depends on what build you are going with skill wise. I can see the use for higher dci if you are running low parry.
20 is must if you use divine fury. 0 is ok against mobs below your weapon skill.
In Hythloth I am having 30-35 on different toons. I have no HLA weapon so believe DCI helps me survive.
With lots of mobs around you CA procs often. And with paragon 1:1 it just neglecrible. Can be active for really long time and not released. Momentum strike rescues me since spawn rate is high.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
20 is must if you use divine fury. 0 is ok against mobs below your weapon skill.
In Hythloth I am having 30-35 on different toons. I have no HLA weapon so believe DCI helps me survive.
With lots of mobs around you CA procs often. And with paragon 1:1 it just neglecrible. Can be active for really long time and not released. Momentum strike rescues me since spawn rate is high.
I only have 65 Chiv for cures/remove curse/sacred journey. I don't have much use for it.

TrackStar

Journeyman

I have legendary plate arms Mystic of Haste. Do I need to remove the mage armor?

I have bone and studded available but they are major and greater.

I have legendary mystic of haste ringmail arms, does that count?

Last edited:

TrackStar

Journeyman
I've actually only been running 5 DCI in Hyloth. It seems fine as I've learned to play with it but I am looking constantly for better jewelry to bring it up a bunch and see what the difference is.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've posted in other threads about it so I won't get into the debate here... Keep track of what chiv spells you actually use. What do they do and can you do that in another way?

I never have chiv on any sampire.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I've posted in other threads about it so I won't get into the debate here... Keep track of what chiv spells you actually use. What do they do and can you do that in another way?

I never have chiv on any sampire.
Last 2 weeks at least I used Sacred Journey. Good one because you don't drop weapon when teleporting. Few times used Consecrate against Barons. When I remember to use it.
Usually use Enemy of One when fighting bosses. Or other stuff out of dynamic spawn events. And when only have one slayer.
Rethinking do I need 65 chiv. May be imbue 2*15 Chiv jewels for teleporting purposes, and drop real to 35?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last 2 weeks at least I used Sacred Journey. Good one because you don't drop weapon when teleporting. Few times used Consecrate against Barons. When I remember to use it.
Usually use Enemy of One when fighting bosses. Or other stuff out of dynamic spawn events. And when only have one slayer.
Rethinking do I need 65 chiv. May be imbue 2*15 Chiv jewels for teleporting purposes, and drop real to 35?
Sacred Journey - use runebook charges or jewels to raise chiv to cast. I have 0 real and use two +15 chiv jewels with LRC and it works ~40-50%.

Consecrate Weapon - imbued elemental weapons

EOO - see the post about maximizing damage in the warrior forum