• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How can I get plants to produce pollen?

• Thread starter imported_Hawkeye_Pike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Hi there!

I planted some seed I found in monsters, tended the plants carefully and managed to keep them "vibrant" until they were fully grown. After day 9 they started to produce new seed, however none of them did produce any pollen (they show the red X at the pollen icon). They were ferns, tribarrel cacti and champion flowers.

I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong? Any hints?

Thanks!
Hawkeye Pike

G

Not sure why you had a red x, at day 7 you should be able to cross pollinate. You want to do this before the seeds start being produced as once the seeds come the plant has self pollinated (although it can still be used to pollinate other plants).

Rey~

G

Hi, let me ask some basic questions, since I believe you're new to gardening (pardon me if these sound like dumb questions - just trying to work out what you're seeing).

First off, where is the red X at? on the reproduction menu of the plant - along the middle at the left, there is a picture of pollen - most generally it will either have either a yellow minus or a green plus directly to it's right (there is a case where there can be a red x, i'll cover that in a moment). Continuing to the right, the next picture indicates resource - most generally there will be a red X here (unless the plant is a resource producer, in which case it will show 0/8 to indicate the number of resources on the plant). Then next to that is a picture representing seeds - and most generally this will have some derivative of 0/8 next to it at the far right.

Okay - so next to the pollen picture - the only reason you would have a red X would be if the seed was special. This would be from one of 3 things - a mutated plant (white or black, which randomly comes from cross-pollination), a plant from the seed quest (magenta, aqua blue, pink, fire red), or a plant from seeds from Tokuno (a variety of bonsai plants). These plants can't be crossed and can't provide pollen at all.

At the bottom left of the reproduction menu is another button that has the pollen picture - click that button and see what kind of message you recieve (if you have a red X by the pollen button then chances are that you're going to get a msg along the lines of "this plant contains no pollen").

My thoughts are that perhaps you have one of the Tokuno plants - just guessing on that since you didn't mention them.