• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How can Discord Help the Tamer

G

I'm working on a few characters ... two of which are a bard and another is a Tamer. I'll be using lots of SoulStones so I can move skills around.

How helpfull can Discordance be for my Tamer when she is taming animals if at all? Can it be used to make it easier to tame the tough ones? How would I use it? (I kinda already know about how I could use it to weaken my Prey when hunting with a pet.)

Thanks ..... A

5% Luck

I haven't tried it but i would assume that if it was tamable while discorded it would have significantly be stunted similar to the para method. They may be not only skill reduced but massively stat reduced as well. When you tame a creature like a cu side all its skills and stats are PERMANTLY halved. This may be increased by the amount of skill/stat loss from the discord. Possibly leaving you with a "sub breed". I`d like to test it my self but i don't have a discord stone nor the extra scroll.
There are easier ways of taming the nasty casters and most include a partner that heals you , peaces the target and or, paralyzes it. My method as a solo warrior/tamer is to beat the crap out of it till red lined and instead of lead taming I follow tame a fleeing creature!

G

Discording a creature you're trying to tame has NO impact on the creatures resists and skills after you tame it. Discording an agressive creature can be useful while trying to tame, since it's skills (and resists) drop so it's going to be harder for it to hit you (or cast on you) and it will also do less damage.

I

imported_Hinotori

Discord is more generally use for hunting not taming the critters. Though, Yes, it can make them hit less often and hard. And Zeke is exactly right on that only paralyzing effects critters and then only the skills.

I do disco cu's every now and then when I'm taming them with my disco/tamer since she doesn't have the best armor and it makes enough difference that she doesn't die in one bite. I've found peacing cu's pretty worthless since they don't stay peaced very long even at 120 music/peace.

E

elenka

Or if you disco animal and then paralyze it, your paralyze will last much longer since resist spells skill will be reduced... I'm going to try that, I just finished 120 disco training

Elly