• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] How are "Death Shrouds" obtained? (warning large images)

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry images are huge too lazy to crop I wanna play UO.

Was curious if this "death shroud" is a "legit" item.
The player said they were obtained from an Atlantic EM Event in 2008. They said they had 4 of them. Can anyone validate this?

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it's a bug. I believe it was discovered on test center. There was a large group of players at Brit Bank when I was on there who were creating them with a bug.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are still listed as 'illegal, banned on sight' on the website, so I'd be careful with them.

T

Teufel_Hund

They are still listed as 'illegal, banned on sight' on the website, so I'd be careful with them.
I am with Kaj be very careful and for goodness sake do not spend any gold on them!

Chae23

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree that you should becareful with those type of items but I have to disagree with agreeing with that site. That site also says portable ballot boxes, Ranger Ingots / armor, and Belt Pouches are illegal too and None of those items are Illegal anymore. You can not go by what uo.com says that portion of their site hasn't been updated in many many years and it is NOT accurate.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and the fact the guy was ok for it to be screen shot rofl.

T

Teufel_Hund

Word on UHall is it is "potential" game mechanics if you die with a Replica Robe on there is a chace to get a Death Robe in your pack. the rub is if you buy it and Recall across server lines the shroud goes poof!

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Word on UHall is it is "potential" game mechanics if you die with a Replica Robe on there is a chace to get a Death Robe in your pack. the rub is if you buy it and Recall across server lines the shroud goes poof!
Then how would someone have this in Luna?...

It's obviously obtained another way.

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get the robe to Luna you just walk to a bank or gypsy camp where you can bank and put the robe in the bank....then go to Luna...open bank box....and put robe on....

I would guess this is how they are doing it....

This happen to me once running a spawn and I lost the robe recalling to my house and crossing a server line.

T

Teufel_Hund

So... is it dyable? :D
LOL Simon I almost yelled at you before I realized the sarcasm! Better question is what Durability is it! I guess they are worth it if you only want to Banksit at Luna in it!