• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How am I doing?

G

Learning stealing is a somewhat new to me, despite having played this game over 7 years.

I started by carefully reading the faq.

Gave my husband a laugh by spending 20 minutes getting 'you catch yourself red-handed', no gains and no successful steals. Totally mystified at what I was doing wrong. Then I discovered that the pack I'd loaded the items into was my own, in my back pack, instead of the pack llamas.

Having sorted that one out I started gaining, but rapidly lost patience with seperating out piles of 30gp. Here's what I've now done.

1. use uoa organiser agent to load 20 items neatly lined up in a bag (boots for 3 stone, skirts for 4 stone, now up to tunics at 5 stone) Place this bag in the pack animal's back pack.
2. make in uo a macro as follows.
use skill - stealing
delay - 110
use skill - stealing
delay - 110
use skill - stealing
delay - 110
use skill - stealing
delay - 110
use skill - stealing
whisper - all guard me.

The last line is more of a clue to me that it's finished. Even with only 5 actions I can lose count *is blonde*

I set this running and just click the mouse each time the targetting cursor appears.
When the bag is empty I move it to my pack and use uoa organiser to refill it. The items are close together so very little mouse movement is needed to click on each one. I find it easier on my hands and fingers.

Any comments?

G

<blockquote><hr>

*was blonde*

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed.

Wish i could help more, the last time i trained stealing was when origin opened and me and some friends took turns in power levelling it (inquisitors ftw, thanks).

Seems like you have things set up nicely though. Certainly better than when i first started training stealing oh so many years ago.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks to me as you're off on the right foot, (with the exception of the whole 'you catch yourself red-handed' thing) personally I use stacked of bandages, but your clothing idea seems like something that might make my life a little easier. Perhaps I'll give it a try myself.

G

*slaps Zole for the reminder that some of the 'blonde' is now 'grey'*

Using single items certainly makes re-loading the bag quicker. Also if you have to log off unexpectedly it's quicker to grab a bag out of the pack animal's pack so that it logs off with you. Loaded packies don't, unloaded ones do.

Bearing in mind that I only work a skill till I get bored, then go do something else. I'm now at 63 and using metal shields. Plan is: metal kites at 70, heaters at 80. Not looked for 9 and 10 stone items yet.

G

its funny that you are asking what a ten stone item is, any thief who trained stealing years ago will know, and will say straight away its dye tub or crystal ball!

G

yes, I know dye tubs are traditional. I just wondered what else might be around. Stools are 10 stone I've now found. But there don't seem to be many 9 stone items in the game. At the moment I'm considering clubs or radiant scimitars.

S

ShadowJack

I got to over 100 in a few days using a packy and some gold. It's easy.