• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How active is Europa?

• Thread starter Zantose D'Lakten
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
Z

Zantose D'Lakten

Hi all, i've recently come back to UO from a long break and i've always played on LS. However, as i am based in the UK i have always struggled with the time difference for getting involved in events and meeting people etc.

How active is Europa during normal GMT playtime (evenings and weekends?)

Also i noticed the events forums is empty, where as LS seems to be pretty busy (even though i cant make it to most of them.) Are there many events organised on Europa? Are there other forums where the Europa peeps hang out that i am missing?

Thanks,

Zantose.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m surprised at the lack of replies to this thread.

While being a mainly Siege-player at the moment I´m not sure how active it is all the time. But when I do play here I manage to see people around almost everywhere I go...

Perhaps you can create a char here and go explore a little at the times you like and see if it seems interesting.

Good luck!

T

thisisnotanick

Greetings!

I am actually in the same situation. I havent played UO in years, but I have just reactivated my account.
All my characters are on Great Lakes, but as I hail from Norway I was thinking this shard might suit me better.
And it was the first shard I ever played :thumbup1:

How is the housing situation on this shard?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, theres still plenty of players running about on Europa, alot of hunting guilds etc that do peerless and such. Always get a big turnout for official EM events on Europa. There have been big public shard events like the fel caravans and public harrowers etc, but they seem to have stopped recently due to folk busy IRL. Perhaps they will return one day hopefully :)
I hear theres quite a few folk kicking around in Fel pvping in factions and stuff, heard its getting better and more active from my friends into that stuff.
As for me i mostly RP, so i might not know about alot of events that go on outside the RP Community, but the roleplay community is still fairly active, plenty of events going on still and a fair few folk kicking around :). Also there is a weekly ingame player run auction every Wednesday hosted by Europa Auction & Events which hosts really nice events sometimes :)

As for the housing situation, there are still many houses about but there are also quite a few spaces kicking about, even some for fairly large plots i beleive. Get quite a few Idocs that free up spaces, and even if you cant find a space to suit your needs houses don't really cost alot now a days outside of the hotspots like Umbra road and Luna. Could probaly get an 18x18 in a random place in Malas or something for as little as 5m. Well thats quite alot for some people thinking about it.

Anyway hope this helped :)

T

thisisnotanick

Thanks, it was indeed helpfull :)
Im going to move my characters over to Europe shard and start over there. I did alot of IDOC hunting a couple of years ago, so Im hoping to find place for a Fel Keep somewhere.

I havent done any PVP for a very long time, but Im hoping someone will take me under their wing and teach me the ropes!

Z

Zantose D'Lakten

Thanks for the replys.

I started up on Europa and am finding the shard is much more active during my play times. There are people around wherever you go, reminds me of the good old days :thumbup:

So this is my new home! Hoping to get involved in some player events as soon as i am settled in.

If anyone is running events or knows people who are, perhaps we could get them posted on the Europa events calender so everyone can easilly find out whats planned and when its taking place?

H

Haris

Well compared to what europa was when AOS was released its dead now. I placed a house 12X16 betwen britt mines and despise and there are about 2 spots next to mine for allmost equally sized houses and they been free for last 45 days. But still shard is active and its more fun to play than it used to be back than, even thoe there is not 300+ players standing infront of britbank gambling and selling pets and all other stuff. Uo has improved with ML expansion and last few publishes big time. If people that played back around AOS time knew how the game is now they would return. My favorit part is that its actually fun to be a crafter again.

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was never 300+ people at brit bank?

About the "people would come back if things were like around AoS". Sorry, but that's a silly statement. Perhaps you could say that the year AFTER AoS, when a fair amount of people did quit because of those changes. But now? AoS was 6 years ago. This game is 11 years old. People get SICK of it. I've played 9 years and I pretty much had it, and that has nothing to do with the AoS changes... People just tend to get bored.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive played UO for over 10 years and Im not sick of this game and not sure I ever will be. I play alot of RP and that sure helps keep this game interresting and fun...anyone should try it out. I was recently suprised how many people still kicking it in RP on Europa since Cove town in trammel was filled to the brink of sinking to the ocean in one event not too long ago:) Yay!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see pictures and reports of such events on here. A recent picture of a crowded location does so much to refute the claims that uo, or our shard, is dead.

We don't currently have an active shard reporter, hopefully that will change soon. If anyone wants to post events to the calendar please do so, I will approve them as quickly as I can. The event must be open to all, not a guild-specific one, however.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i would have left UO years ago if it wasnt for the RP community, theres just not enough in UO as a game to keep me playing, but in RP, its just completely different. Its almost different everyday, different events happen, different storylines, different wars etc, always something new!

I just hosted a Festival of Creatures in Vesper this past Sunday and Monday:
http://www.f4g.net/fireside-table/8915-festival-creatures.html

Was pretty fun :).
Most of the RP community also got together in Britain for a Moot the other month:
http://www.f4g.net/town-crier/8457-moot-britain.html

Heres a questline i made for Vesper:
http://www.uoforums.com/f1329/cursed-treasure-of-the-guardian-53834/

Also heres some screenies of the last war 'The Border Wars' that took place in the north. It was Vesper & Cove versus Yew(Grd), Skara Brae and Britain.

Theres always plenty going on, events and such in all of the guilds of the community; Festivals, trainings, battles, hunts, wars, contests, the olympics etc etc. The RP community is not as large as it used to be, used to be huge, but we're still pretty big and we're still pressing forward :).

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vesper is a fun guild to be in, its got lots of pvp and rp and Esca is a good and active gm...so dont just think about it any longer....join the fun!

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my 3-month visit to Europa I met (and killed) loads of players. PvPing was my take on the game. The PvP front at least seemed active with people doing champions (and fighting over them).

Luckily I did manage to find some friends with whom we killed peerless bosses, champs and did PvP. I'd say Europa was quite active based on the 3 months I played UO at Europa.

Cheers to Petra for helping me out on alot of stuff while I still was here :)