• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about we begin an exodus to Siege Perilous?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

There's a big difference between a programmed script and a RL wimp sitting behind a computer screen flexing his cyber muscles and talking trash that would get his face pounded in if done in person. It's the fact that it's a PERSON, not a machine, that makes the difference. The PERSON has INTENT. The machine doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

the BIG difference is that this is just a game!

Since you can't handle distinguishing reality from a videogame, the players of this game should be robbed of the ability to play the role of an Orc and bash oomies...? Grow the hell up.

What if someone wants to play a vampire and suck a chivalrous Knights blood dry... or battle against other players in a dynamic world filled with people playing various roles such as Orcs, Pirates, Vampires, Merchants, Knights, Elves, whatever they want... giving each world its own unique dynamic because it was a world where you THE PLAYERS in-game actions determined the virtues (or anti-virtues) your character would express... where you had the freedom to choose your path and who or even what you wanted to be.

Its cool Connor... it's cool. I really appreciate how you've solidified my point!

Let me know when that finally sinks in... at which point I can finally introduce you to Ultima Online... or at least what once supposed to be Ultima Online...

Good job!

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Interaction with another player... you know, the whole point of playing a multi-player game!

[/ QUOTE ]If you call killing a totally defenseless human being interaction. If the red had come up to me, asked how I was doing and asked me if I needed any help getting started on Siege, THAT would have been interaction. Killing me was nothing but antisocial behaviour and griefing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call you being there at all... was someone they had a chance to and indeed did... interact with. Wow... so it didn't go your way you whiny brat! Boo hoo!!! Had you of stuck around and developed your character... made some friends on the shard. Who knows... you may have put up a good fight or even beaten them to a bloody pulp. But, why actually do something about it when you are free to cry and moan about it and get the developers to add even more stupid restrictions in order to suffocate the communities in this game from interacting with eachother! Yeah... sounds like a plan!

Killing you was them playing a role in the world... an EVIL role, which allows players like me who KILL murderers and criminals... a place as well.

I'm sorry dude... go play your risk free single player item grind fest! If collecting useless crap is your cup of tea... then drink up! One day the servers will be gone and your crap along with them.

The interactions, nights spend fighting hordes of evil trying to suppress the good in the lands, the constant struggle to be good in a world full of evil... will last forever.

I suggest you stick to console games... playing videogames with other people just seems too stressful for you to handle. If it really was that bad.

So sorry but, no soup for you... dude.

C

Connor_Graham

"Since you can't handle distinguishing reality from a videogame"

Hmm....

Videogame- Fun, relaxation, escape from the pressures of RL for a while.

Reality- Dealing with BS and jackasses on a regular, if not daily, basis.

I think I've got that one down pretty pat. Too bad so many bring reality into a videogame with the sole intent of ruining the videogame part for others.

"where you had the freedom to choose your path and who you wanted to be."

They have that freedom now. They choose to abuse it rather than use it and play the 12 yr old with a limited vocabulary. Thus you have the emptiness that is Fel now, and why a good amount of people won't go there. But then that's a discussion for another thread now isn't it?

"at least what once supposed to be Ultima Online"

Oh, you mean the failed social experiment that was the reason Tram was created in the first place?

I know it well, thanks.

*goes off to eat some homemade spaghetti*

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

"Since you can't handle distinguishing reality from a videogame"

Hmm....

Videogame- Fun, relaxation, escape from the pressures of RL for a while.

Reality- Dealing with BS and jackasses on a regular, if not daily, basis.

I think I've got that one down pretty pat. Too bad so many bring reality into a videogame with the sole intent of ruining the videogame part for others.

[/ QUOTE ]

No... It's pretty obvious you have no clue but, come back and tell me all about that spaghetti!

Might be the only sense you make in this thread!

After all... You're spot on! There are absolutely NO jerks to deal with in Trammel... right!??!?!?

Yeah... riiiiiiiight!

P

pacific lily

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

After reading all the posts about Siege being great I recently created a char and started playing. Here's what happened.

Logged into Siege, went to the bank and dumped everything but my newbie clothes and dagger into the bank. Went to the nearest moongate to get to Yew, was going to the sheep pens to get some wool for bandies, since my char was a dexxer.
I walk out of the Yew moongate, walk half a screen west when THREE reds jump my complete and utter newbie char, one shouts "all kill" to his beetle, and obviously I die.
Made me feel REALLY welcome on Siege. Deleted my char and went back to playing on real shards where I don't have to put up with griefing gamplay interrupting PK's that go out of their way to ruin your day. That whole thing went out of fashion years ago when Trammel became available.

Siege? Thanks but no thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you lose?
Everything was in the bank so it should be no big deal, just res, go to Yew bank, get your dagger and get them sheep.
You can sell the bolts of clothes to players for 250-300gp each, maybe even more.

Now Siege is not for everyone, so it's ok if not for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put your money where your mouth is... delete your characters and all your stuff and start over.

Yeah, I thought so.

Lily

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

After reading all the posts about Siege being great I recently created a char and started playing. Here's what happened.

Logged into Siege, went to the bank and dumped everything but my newbie clothes and dagger into the bank. Went to the nearest moongate to get to Yew, was going to the sheep pens to get some wool for bandies, since my char was a dexxer.
I walk out of the Yew moongate, walk half a screen west when THREE reds jump my complete and utter newbie char, one shouts "all kill" to his beetle, and obviously I die.
Made me feel REALLY welcome on Siege. Deleted my char and went back to playing on real shards where I don't have to put up with griefing gamplay interrupting PK's that go out of their way to ruin your day. That whole thing went out of fashion years ago when Trammel became available.

Siege? Thanks but no thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you lose?
Everything was in the bank so it should be no big deal, just res, go to Yew bank, get your dagger and get them sheep.
You can sell the bolts of clothes to players for 250-300gp each, maybe even more.

Now Siege is not for everyone, so it's ok if not for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put your money where your mouth is... delete your characters and all your stuff and start over.

Yeah, I thought so.

Lily

[/ QUOTE ]

We all started on Siege... from scratch.

Infact... my cousin Hellfire just got his mage competative

100hiding
70wrestling
115eval int
115magery
115med
115resist

100str 120int 25dex

He started this character... back in September and last weekend he FINALLY got the character to this point.

Now, we're owning together on Siege... AND on Atlantic.

I'm sorry and we know it sucks... believe me... we know 6+ months of training sucks... we've been asking the Devs to help alleviate some of this suckiness.

I gotta tell you though... once your chars complete... its complete and the fun really begins!

Either way... people determined... still go through the agony... plus, like me there are TONS of players who will give you gold, supplies, LRC suits, anything you damn well need to develop your char... you just have to hunker down and develop your char after that point.

I dunno... either hold your breath for the Devs to help us out... or take the initiative and take part in something really great.

The choice is up to you tho

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

I've been playing Siege now for a few days working my characters slowly, both around Yew, Luna and Moonglow.

Not once have i Been PKed. In fact I had someone help me out.

Cheers

G

It's always the same very few people defending siege, well listen after a zillion come to siege posts no one is going so just honestly stop posting no one wants to play there no one likes it.

The people who do spend about ten min there and quit.

I

imported_archite666

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

I've been playing Siege now for a few days working my characters slowly, both around Yew, Luna and Moonglow.

Not once have i Been PKed. In fact I had someone help me out.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not, this coming from a guy that says he gmed skills 2 two days lol

im of course refering to vyal who is like the biggest siege wanna be ever, saying he has a char that doest show up on uo.com and that he killed everyone he saw in siege lol, dude when you gonna give up?

G

the responses to this thread are so superb. As a long time siege player i find it kind of sad what some people can't put up with in a video game.

whats the point of havnig no challenge, no risk, no lose, nothing to do but continually build upon the stuff you already have. Whats the point of having stuff if you aint using it or have any chance of losing it.

ohh well its a game and if people know they can't handle siege then they just cant handle it

some of us enjoy building up from the lowest level noob scum into the true lords of siege perilous we have become

some just want to be handed everything and blend in this the rest of the trammies while telling people at the bank "omfg dewd dont make me get my other character"

On siege perilous, there is no other character, you are who you are and most likely you're weaker than me which means you're prey.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"People don't take it personally when monsters kill them. Why take it personally when another player kills you?"

Last time I checked, the monsters don't tell you that your mom is a ***** and they did your sister last night.

Unless it was in a recent patch anyway.....

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't hear that offen on Siege. Actions like this is not accepted on Siege, it will in most cases get punished. The guy who do it may risk to be kicked from his guild or his guild may risk to be kicked from their alliance or half of the shard will hunt the player and his guild if they support him.

Because Siege is non con PvP does not mean it have all the sickness Trammel shards do have.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Because Siege is non con PvP does not mean it have all the sickness Trammel shards do have.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a certain irony in the way you trash.

G

Confirmed

The only thing I've been told by my murderer on Siege is: 'Your soul is mine'.
We had a nice chat about that after I got rezed.

Actually, I don't die more than about once per month.

Siege isn't for everyone, but there are a lot of misconceptions about what it's like there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The skillgain system is garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree it could be better.

<blockquote><hr>

the economy is tedious

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there actually is one? The economy on siege is the most active and balanced of any of the shards on all levels. How many shards can a gm tailor make a good living on? Or any kind of non runic crafter? How many shards have robust sales in mid range items?

<blockquote><hr>

housing is limited

[/ QUOTE ]

By that I assume it means you don't like that you can't place a house on siege and still keep your regular shard home. Thats unfair to us. Siege isn't a vacation home for us. Its the game. No one else would like it if we could come place on their shards without playing there full time.

<blockquote><hr>

and there aren't enough people playing to make it worth investing time in

[/ QUOTE ]

Change Rot, that would help. And I dont really get what you mean by "worth the time" its a game. If you don't enjoy it fine, but its not like you making an investment.

<blockquote><hr>

If you really want the old days, either find a good player-run shard, or keep petitioning EA for the changes SP needs to make it worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one don't. I'm fine with aos stuff, and now its fairly well balanced. All siege needs to be a very good shard is a few tweaks. But what It does have from the old days is a sense of community, and a good dynamic and excitement in player interaction.

Its not for everyone, and thats fine, and I wouldn't advertise for the shard personally, but I will refute bogus claims like these whenever I can for the people who may have interest.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you call killing a totally defenseless human being interaction. If the red had come up to me, asked how I was doing and asked me if I needed any help getting started on Siege, THAT would have been interaction. Killing me was nothing but antisocial behaviour and griefing.

[/ QUOTE ]

...I think its pretty clear thats not what we are talking about. All these tales (which I'm sure happened many though I'm sure are exaggerated) about jerks pking noobs, if you let them get to you you miss all the fantastic people on the shard.

Its really sad to me that the only kinds of siege newbie stories that people hear about are these. I hear TONS of stories on the siege boards about the great experiences new players have, and how they met great people and made friends, and had a ball. These just go by the wayside. Its sad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only thing I've been told by my murderer on Siege is: 'Your soul is mine'. We had a nice chat about that after I got rezed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know that I've EVER run into that kind of thing, on ANY shard. Maybe a lol or a noob or something, but nothing really malicious.

I'm not denying it, but I don't really think its that common.

G

Nah, was only Wyrm role playing the vampire
Nothing in the least sinister.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey its your playstyle that has the dead shard, and the dead facet. Suffering from "small member syndrome" or "member envy" much? It shows cybergeek.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I made a funny.

Hey when your ADHD playstyle doesn't hold it for ya anymore, can I have your stuff?

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

whats the point of havnig no challenge, no risk, no lose, nothing to do but continually build upon the stuff you already have. Whats the point of having stuff if you aint using it or have any chance of losing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff? Oh you lose your stuff on seige. Mediocre, crappy stuff that is easily replaced if you have invested the time in finding a good vendor to purchase from, or have multiple accounts. That's risk? Please. It's the same thing on prod shards. You lose gold there. On Siege your losing crap. And if you do happen to have something good, your most likely not to use it, unless you BLESS it. Was the same thing before Trammel came around. Nobody used their good stuff. It sat around in banks and houses. Your point is moot.

<blockquote><hr>

some of us enjoy building up from the lowest level noob scum into the true lords of siege perilous we have become

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us did the same thing. It was called 1997. Stig started out as a tailor selling freaking fancy dresses for christ's sake. There are still many old school vets like me in game that keep this game afloat. We don't want to go back to being old school noobies because we have worked well beyond that point. Once you have drank from the grog bowl, and have earned the right to drink fine wine, most people don't want to go back to that crap. 1997 in UO made Seige look like a cakewalk. Take the elitest Siege attitude and stick it you guys. It doesn't work and it makes real old school vets like me chuckle IRL.

Siege is fine for what it is, and I respect those players who are there that want their shard to grow, but the typical attitudes of the die hard pvp'ers that think they are gods gift to UO, is sickening, and deserve to play on a dead shard and a dead facet. Karma. Trammel.

C

Connor_Graham

"No... It's pretty obvious you have no clue"

*digs in the closet*

VIOLA! One game of Clue! Was it Professor Plum or Colonel Mustard in the Library with the Candlestick?

"come back and tell me all about that spaghetti!"

Great as always thanks. Although, spaghetti sauce being what it is, I did need to take a Pepcid this morning.....*burp*

"After all... You're spot on!"

Why thank you. I do try my best....

"There are absolutely NO jerks to deal with in Trammel... right!??!?!?"

It's kind of funny that when the "jerks" that have to be dealt with get beat at their own game, they extend a kindly invitation to meet them in Fel to continue "playing". Funny coincidence huh?

Let me tell you a little story about a man named Jed.....oh wait, wrong story...*flips pages*......ok, got the right one now...

There's a guy that's been luring on everyone since the beginning of the event in an attempt to get them killed so he can get to the Berserker corpses when they go public before the people that killed them can get rezzed and get back to their bodies and then back to the Berserker corpse. I see this same guy bring 2 Berserkers down from the woods. Things are slow, so there aren't many people there, and I'm the only one around when he does this. They're in position so we can kill both rather easily. I take note of which one he's killing and start to assist him in killing it. I notice that he's barely doing any damage, and after taking a look at the bow he's using, realize he's not using a Mystic, so will take him forever to kill one. Now, using sound PvM knowledge, I realize that if we kill one off, then the other, the first will have it's loot pack go public by the time the second is dead, so I start plinking away at the second that he hasn't touched yet. I kill that one off, and he's barely past the point I'd left him at on the first one, so help him finish that one off. We both go to the corpses to loot, and of course he gets no looting rights on the one I killed, and only half on the one we killed together. He seemed quite upset by this, which is rather odd since he's managed to kill off so many players and loot the Berserkers that they killed, so shouldn't be upset that he missed out on one you would think, especially considering that he had every opportunity to switch targets (sound PvM practice and all) and assist in killing the one I took down. The conversation went basically like this:

Him- Newb Trammy
Me- Seems to me the newb is the one that DIDN'T get looting rights on both...
Him- I hope I see you in Fel
Me- Don't hold your breath
Him- Kal Ort Por

Sadly....this is typical when they get beaten at their own game.....

No sense of humor I guess

I

imported_infiniti

If you want people to seriously consider moving to Siege then posts saying how great it can be is fine, but why not host some events, inviting those from other shards over to get a taste of what they can expect.

Europa recently held a player event in Fel and it was a success for those who took part, I know there were people who hadnt ever pvp'ed before, but jumped in, had fun, dieing mostly, but fun and cant wait for the next one.

Create some events and let us experience your side of life, I do have a character there I got to the RoT limit before wandering back to my home shard, mainly because of the problem the original poster spoke of, I imagine many others have done the same.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Interaction with another player... you know, the whole point of playing a multi-player game!

[/ QUOTE ]If you call killing a totally defenseless human being interaction. If the red had come up to me, asked how I was doing and asked me if I needed any help getting started on Siege, THAT would have been interaction. Killing me was nothing but antisocial behaviour and griefing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that if defenseless human beings were killed during UO gameplay, it wouldn't be able to maintain it's T for Teen rating.

It is just a game. Crying when someone reduces your pixels to zero health or takes your pixelated stuff is akin to crying when you land on Boardwalk and someone asks for rent. It isn't griefing, it isn't antisocial. It's part of normal gameplay.

If you prefer to play in a ruleset where you don't have to deal with that, ok. But lets not paint normal gameplay as anything but normal.

I

<blockquote><hr>

There's a big difference between a programmed script and a RL wimp sitting behind a computer screen flexing his cyber muscles and talking trash that would get his face pounded in if done in person. It's the fact that it's a PERSON, not a machine, that makes the difference. The PERSON has INTENT. The machine doesn't.

The people that I hunt with, and have hunted with in the past, play the game for relaxation and escape from RL BS, not to have some 12 yr old mentality wuss talk [censored] because they have the anonymity of the internet to safeguard them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds to me like the issue is with your maturity and not anyone elses.

If you aren't mature enough to either leave the screen or simply ignore someone talking trash then you probably don't belong in a multiplayer game.

It doesn't matter if you are PvPing, PvMing or standing at the bank, there is always someone willing to say something or do something to irritate you.

It is how you handle it that matters.

C

Connor_Graham

"If you aren't mature enough to either leave the screen or simply ignore someone talking trash then you probably don't belong in a multiplayer game."

And of course the person doing the trash talking is the epitomy of maturity there huh? *rolls eyes*

"It is how you handle it that matters. "

I handle it by not going to Fel so I don't have to put up with it.

As do many, many, many others.

Simple solution.

I

<blockquote><hr>

"If you aren't mature enough to either leave the screen or simply ignore someone talking trash then you probably don't belong in a multiplayer game."

And of course the person doing the trash talking is the epitomy of maturity there huh? *rolls eyes*

"It is how you handle it that matters. "

As do many, many, many others.

Simple solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can avoid all offensive language simply by staying in Trammel?

You know that isn't true.

Additionally, since you don't go to Fel and you don't play on Siege you have no idea what type of language people there use.

Do you?

Again, if you aren't mature enough to leave the screen or simply ignore it, you probably shouldn't be playing a multiplayer game.

C

Connor_Graham

"So you can avoid all offensive language simply by staying in Trammel? "

I never said that. But I will say that I've never had my mother or sister insulted in Tram, but have in Fel.

"Additionally, since you don't go to Fel you have no idea what type of language people there use."

Who says I don't go to Fel? I go there quite often, tyvm. Siege no, but I have seen the language Siege players use right here on the boards, and if that's any indication....

"Again, if you aren't mature enough to leave the screen or simply ignore it, you probably shouldn't be playing a multiplayer game. "

Did I not already say that I leave? If you aren't mature enough to accept that a good number of mature players have no wish to deal with BS while playing a game they play for enjoyment, then maybe YOU shouldn't be playing a multiplayer game. Not everyone has to think along the same lines that you do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I never said that. But I will say that I've never had my mother or sister insulted in Tram, but have in Fel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been verbally abused more in Trammel, then anywhere else. Especially back in the days where we could loot in Trammel, ROFL...la

I

<blockquote><hr>

I have been verbally abused more in Trammel, then anywhere else. Especially back in the days where we could loot in Trammel, ROFL...la

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree.

Trammel offers immunity and therefore people tend to be more offensive there than in Fel where there are consequences for bad behavior.

I

<blockquote><hr>

Who says I don't go to Fel? I go there quite often, tyvm. Siege no, but I have seen the language Siege players use right here on the boards, and if that's any indication....

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you said that you don't go to Fel, less than one hour ago.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't have a discussion with you about this if you are making it up as you go. Try getting your story straight before you attempt to participate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"According to this logic, Siege PvP is the most balanced PvP since we use fewer high end items. I agree."

Actually, you're incorrect. An imbalance is an imbalance. Items just make them more pronounced. Any imbalances in PvP exist exactly the same on Siege as they do anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really man? There are very few people on this thread who should even think about posting regarding pvp issues. Another save me siege is dead thread, how very rare...

G

<blockquote><hr>

So pvp and pvm is generally balanced and less twink based.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh? And how exactly does one compete against a tamer without armor?

G

<blockquote><hr>

a lot of players actually like the challange of starting over. There is a reason they call it an Advanced Shard...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently...not all that many.

Personally, I wouldn't call that advanced. I call it annoying to have to do it all over again, only slower.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Trammies aren't good sports... infact, they are the whiney "gimme gimme what I want NAO!!!" types that ruined this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have very many friends, do you?

G

GNecromancer

Well lets move beyond the "pancakes about why siege sucks" conversation and try to figure out some solutions to improve it...

What is the bets way to contact EA on this matter?

I

imported_Nestorius

The land is too big to support the landmass? Where am I supposed to train without getting ganked? I have enough trouble already... having the land too big is the least of my concerns.

The main reason why I'm too lazy to play Siege is that you need a GM Mage to recall. I've been training a non-mage warrior, but it really sucks to have to walk across the world to just train and gather a little gold. And it seems like when I max my character it will still be pwned by any mage based character. It seems like a flawed system there, with magery being the ultimate skill that everyone needs. No fun, I want a warrior!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

a lot of players actually like the challange of starting over. There is a reason they call it an Advanced Shard...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently...not all that many.

Personally, I wouldn't call that advanced. I call it annoying to have to do it all over again, only slower.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't be doing it all over again, you will find that things work very different on Siege. If you are trying to do it the good old trammy way, it may not work.

Wendors do not sell resources, so you will need to know how to make bolt of clothes from sheeps if you want bandages or want to build a tailor.

Newbie hunting near town may not be the best choice if you don't like dying.

Luna may not be the best place for banksitting, thieves will try to emty your backpack and PK's may success killing you in town.

Doing magery training in your new lrc suit at the bank is a very bad idea.

Siege is different, you have to find new ways to make it here. It pay of to be smart and polite.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

We don't play well with those who cheat...they usually don't stick around too long...la

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is true that most of us are not very tolerant of those who cheat, there has been one guild, who have reformed several times under various names, that cheat and exploit like there is no tomorrow.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The main reason why I'm too lazy to play Siege is that you need a GM Mage to recall.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't I believe 60 magery and scrolls work just fine...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

The land is too big to support the landmass? Where am I supposed to train without getting ganked? I have enough trouble already... having the land too big is the least of my concerns.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy to find places to train without being ganked, the PK's can't be everywhere and get tired of patrol the more desert parts of the land.

<blockquote><hr>

The main reason why I'm too lazy to play Siege is that you need a GM Mage to recall. I've been training a non-mage warrior, but it really sucks to have to walk across the world to just train and gather a little gold. And it seems like when I max my character it will still be pwned by any mage based character. It seems like a flawed system there, with magery being the ultimate skill that everyone needs. No fun, I want a warrior!

[/ QUOTE ]

Moongates and a good mount will get you around. Else 50 magery and gate scrolls will do. Not even a GM mage can recall on Siege, all kinds of the spell is disabled on Siege.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

We don't play well with those who cheat...they usually don't stick around too long...la

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is true that most of us are not very tolerant of those who cheat, there has been one guild, who have reformed several times under various names, that cheat and exploit like there is no tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may changes if EA success making the game less item based. It had not always been easy for cheaters and exploiters to survive on Siege.
Some of the other changes we had got the last months may start to help too.

G

GNecromancer

"The land is too big to support the landmass? Where am I supposed to train without getting ganked? I have enough trouble already... having the land too big is the least of my concerns."

Um, try anywhere but Luna? 90% of the world including the dungeons are lifeless and vacant 90% of the time. Even before Samurai empire this was a big problem and there are less people now then there was then and more land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So 50 or 60 magery and scrolls to gate? That sounds a lot more doable. Maybe I'll give that a try.

I don't have a problem with how crowded it is now. I'm just saying, if it were more crowded, it would be harder for newer players to train.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just be sure to keep your pile of gate scrolls in the bank and only bring one or two with you.
On Siege, you always need to be careful not to bring more than you can affort losing.

G

Just 2 days old and 5 pages. What gets me about this thread is not all the pros, or cons, about going to Siege, it's that this debate is happening in the first place. Think about it. Many players seem to have a lot of passion for this shard, in both coming up with ways to improve it, and defending it against its detractors. And others, apparently equally passionate about not only not coming to Siege, but to dissuade others from doing so.

I'm sure those who play other shards enjoy their home there, and have their own community of friends and companions. But when have you ever seen such an ongoing "discussion", both in this thread, and MANY others, in singing the praises, or liabilities of those shards.

That alone, I think speaks volumes about the unique state of mind that is Siege. For it to invoke this much effort, despite any criticisms against it or its people. it must be truly be something special.

JMHO

C

Cleopatra

Anyone who has been thinking about trying Siege and would like some assistance to get started, icq: 9-626-593 (Elaine)

This also applies to anyone who has made a char there in the past and didn't really get a chance to get to know the place before giving up, and would like to try again.

Thanks