• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about this template? Dexxer...Mage Ect

C

Coragin

Im coming up with a template that uses mage weapons. Using the best of the dexxer stuff for max dps...

Magery 120 Obvious Spells and main weapon skill.
Tactics 120 Dmg Bonus
Weaving 80 For the specials
Focus 100 Regen and Mana Regen
Chiv 60 Enemy of One, Consecrate Weapon, Divine Fury
Necro 60 For Curse Weapon Ect
SpiritS 120 For Necro
Bushido 50 For perfection??

The reason I am choosing magery as my weapon skill instead of a real one is simple. I can be an archer/fencer/swords ect...I can just put on jewels to negate the mage weapon penalty.

Are there any changes you guys would make? Does curse weapon and consecrate weapon stack?

E

Eyes of Origin

you would have to run some really high jewels then and i dont think they make them high enough for that =/ for dexxers you need to have 90 tactics, 90 weapon skill to do any specials at all... i dont see the point in having 120 tactics on a mage unless you have a weapon skill at 120 as well and even then I would only run tactics to 90.

I'm trying to understand the template, just because I've never seen anyone put all this together onto one, but from my understanding, you have to have actual weapon skill to use the specials on the weapons.. i heard for using mage wep you still have to have at least 50 in swords/fencing/archery/ etc for the specials, but not sure how true that is.

M

Michael Wolf

i heard for using mage wep you still have to have at least 50 in swords/fencing/archery/ etc for the specials, but not sure how true that is.
50 is the minimum fot the lesser of the 2 specials, the other special requires a lot more skill, 80 or 90 I think.

C

Coragin

So your saying dump magery and add one of the 4 weapon skills? Or dump another skill I got there for a weapon skill?

Maybe dump SS or Weaving and SS and add extra into existing skills? Or Dump weaving and some SS and add in a weapon skill?

E

Eyes of Origin

well, if you are running necro you need some ss.. ss is to necro, like eval is to magery.
so, yea, if you are going to run with tactics, i would put on at least 50 of a weapon skill if you are using mage weapons and if you arent using mage weapons you need 90 weapon skill to run specials for the weapons.
I'm guessing this is a PvM char?

G

Gark

The lesser special requires 70 wep and tactics, secondary 90 in each.
I have done this very thing as an RP type ranger character. He was surprisingly resilient.

Mage 120
Eval 120
tactics 100
parry 100
resist spells 100
focus 100
chivalry 70
with a 710 skill cap

I acquired 2 jewels:ring: magery 12, defense chance 10, damage increase 19, lrc 5
bracelet magery 14, defense chance 9, damage increase 10, lrc 15.
The 2 jewels were sufficient to counter up to a -26 mage weapon. I prefered bows and warforks.
As for weapon specials, chivalries Consecrate weapon directs itself to an opponents lowest resistance. Enemy of one is comparable to a slayer weapon.
With 100 focus, I had 10 stamina regen for fighting and 5 mana regen for spells. As i had no meditation, meddability was no issue. so i consentrated on resist armor, with lrc and mana or hit regens
I was able to put together a suit with 3 hit point and 5 mana regen, as well as 1 stamina. 70's resist except energy of 71 and cold of 68.
I had chosen elf for the extra mana, which was nice, as it allowed me to have quite hi str 125, dex 100, int 30.(25 stat scroll, with Age of shadows bonus).
In essence, a paladin casting spells and fighting. We have all seen the force a paladin archer or fencer can bring to a monster fight, imagine that with Earthies, or ev's, and a nasty flamestrike.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parry is useless on a mage if your dex isn't above 80. Necro Paladin templates have always failed IMO because each requires either very low or high karma to be effective. This is just my two cents on this outrageous template you are trying to create.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really doesn't sound like a PvP character; most of the spells you've listed seem to be for PvM purposes.

With that said, it's my opinion that if you're trying to make a good PvM characters, there's far easier paths to take. A good bushido archer, disco tamer, even swords w/ parry and high leech weapons would serve you better.

As red sky points out, you're going to find that certain skills do you no good until you have the necessary stats to pull it off. I believe you're going to have trouble managing both mana for your spells and high enough dex to swing the weapons you'll be using fast enough. Unless you're content with having approx. 60 str?

The real kicker to all of this is your plan to have jewelry to offset the mage weapon penalties...I wonder where you're going to find jewelry that gives you +magery, hit chance increase, defense chance increase, and possibly LRC, LMC, Damage Increase, etc....and what about casting? Are you going to want at least 2/5 casting?

I think you can find another template that gives you the freedom to switch weapons and be flexible for a little variety when you play, but the template you've listed above might be biting off more than you can chew.

Note: You don't need to have SS for only 60 Necro. 60 Necro is a great addition to many PvP templates: it allows you to Omen (one of the best spells in the game), Pain Spike, and cast a short Corpse Skin as well. Both Omen and Pain Spike do not require SS to be any more effective. 105 Necro is all you need, however, to cast all the other PvP necro spells without a hitch, besides Revenants.