• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about handing out some in-game RoC violation punishment?!!!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EVERY YEAR!!! EVERY YEAR!!!

Got to love it. Honestly. These same jokers lead the spawn in from outside the protected city zones... you cant call the guards. You are passing by or simply hidden in what you assume is a safe area at the West Brit Bank. Then you come back to see you've been murdered... and by these same jokers that violate the same RoC that should be in effect every day of the year.

Leading spawn outside its area to get others killed... is a violation. Someone needs to actualy police the game.

B

Bill Gates OSD

Hi,

Devil's Advocate here... If you are hidden at the WBB, did the creatures reveal and then kill you? Were you unable to run or was your character unattended? I agree that leading spawn in to create chaos is and should be illegal and punishable but, if you are leaving your character at a bank hidden, unattended to work off murder counts or whatever then you are also doing wrong. I'd much prefer that the GMs go after the NASA employees who VERY obviously and blatantly run mining, wood chopping and taming scripts regularly.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don’t mind answering.

Well… that day, I had no clue those grossly overpowered murdering machines were back spawning. lol. First day, I’d guess. It's not uncommon to find a spot where there is traffic so you don’t log out while visiting the little pixie’s room or making a meal. I was murdered the first time while sitting hidden, leaving my chair for 5 mins… then the second time running to use the moongate.

Then today, out in the wild… helping heal a friend who was solo fighting 2 of them, I was revealed over a dozen times, area attacked while I couldn’t even see the beasts many times, and dragged in without touching them, murdered, and nearly lost my loot. I honestly think every year they are getting worse and worse, nastier and nastier. The first year, we had a lot of fun… now, I don’t see any fun at all with them. Dragging them to the WBB, the guards deactivated just for the turkeys… it's cheating on both sides of the fence. I know the guards got turned off at Moonglow tram, a long time ago… and never got turned back on. These super monsters can murder you with almost no limitation. Why invite that on the innocent? Not to mention there is a fair movement to return commerce to the WBB… and this kind of thing sure doesn’t help.

I also see RoC enforcement being debatable these days. The reason so many test the limitations is that the rules are not enforced when they should be. People will do whatever they can get away with. It's been like that since I started playing nearly 11 years ago… but for awhile, GMs actually responded when called, not form messaged responses to blow you off.

B

Bill Gates OSD

Ah, you are referring to the uber-turkeys. Fear not, we will have revenge on them in just a few days! :) For what it's worth, when ever I need to use the little billionaire's room, I recall to my house and go into the private residence wing where no one can reach me. If I'm going to be gone longer than a few minutes, I just log out. I understand the ease of just hiding and such but, this is exactly why I won't do it.

Turkey story... last year I used by bard to discord and provoke two of them on each other. It took a solid 15 minutes for one to finish off the other and then multiple EVs to finish off the nearly dead bird. Those were the first and last turkeys that I bothered with.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Pixie... duh *irony*

you have to realise the goal is making you frustrated so you feel like killing an otherwise perfectly friendly animal !

let the massacre begin !!! oh yes thats true... the RP side is asking us to roleplay a GENOCIDE under the guise of natures balance !!!

:confused:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but if at ANY time your Char is logged in and you are not there watching?

You are unatended, now true you are not macroing but ????

Simple hit a Inn, or freindly house and LOG OUT.

As for getting killed out in the wilds, well that is why they are called WILDS :thumbup1:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though Captain Obvious vehemently denies this (over and over), some suggest that Captain Obvious and Mr. Obvious are the same person. Those people note that, whenever Captain Obvious leaps into action, it's always right after Mr. Obvious conspicuously leaves, loudly saying, "I'm leaving now, but not to do anything interesting! I'm certainly not switching to my superhero identity, which of course, I do not have, as most people do not!"