• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing

• Thread starter Jeradin Kindhart
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Jeradin Kindhart

Alright my trial period is almost at its end, which means I can get a house! yay.. Anyone know of some decent locations to start searching for plots? I want an 18x18 plot but i'm not going to pay 55 million to someone who runs around all the time stealing available plots with a secondary account to sell.

I mean I can understand buying someones actual house for alot of gold, but paying quadruple for a plot that would take way less to place and to build + deco is rediculous. I mean I will definetly tip anyone with information that leads me to obtaining a house plot, decently well in fact.

But its not right for someone to steal available land they plan to do nothing with except harvest gold off some poor person who doesnt have the time to run around searching for the best option or available plot, believe it or not some people do have a life outside of UO. (no offense to those of you who have done your share of hard work to earn your playtime.)

So any help obtaining an 18x18 plot would be very appreciative.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Housing on Atlantic is scares and you're unlikely to find an open 18x18 plot sitting empty. However, now that housing decay has been reactivated, you should see houses dropping fairly frequently. If you don't have money to buy an 18x18, consider wandering around looking for IDOCs. I did IDOCing and house placement frequently in the past and made quite a bit of money selling the plots.

By the way, an 18x18 with a clear front and no spawn should typically sell for 20-25 mil. Don't let anyone try to sell you one for 55 mil, unless it's in an ideal location for vendors (e.g., directly adjacent to Luna).

J

Jeradin Kindhart

Thank you Syrus. All my money will come from crafting or dungeon crawling so I better get to work on that 25 million. lol Maybe i'll be blessed with coming across an IDOC when trial ends. lol

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm not sure what the IDOC situation looks like atm, but when I was doing it on a regular basis, I typically found 10-or-so IDOCs per week in Malas alone. About 1 in 15 were 18x18s, but about 1 in 10 offered max storage space despite their slightly smaller size.

J

Jeradin Kindhart

I just have really big design ideas for my house. lol an 18x18 plot couldnt really contain my full design ideas but its the biggest I can work with. lol