• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Housing

T

The_Traveler

Found some Villa and Log Cabin spots.
Odds of finding a Large Tower spot in Tram/Malas/Tokuno?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Malas IDOCs will be your best bet. Back when I was IDOCin, I found at least two or three in Malas every week. Placed and sold several 17x18s and 18x18s.

Next stop will be Trammel. Tok tends to be pretty booked.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Afraid not. I haven't had time to log in much over the past few months. Shouldn't be terribly hard to do, though. Look on the lower island first.

C

Caldwin_DDP

Years back I made a runebook which broke down the major housing areas using that with UOCartographer (UOAutomap is now more or less gone) I do a pretty systematic search.

Not only are people in and out of the shard or game a good bit but they are also upgrading their housing. Sometimes they are moving into larger digs or others are moving to a place with less spawn.

If, for instance, you saw a house which has gone into decay that is 15x15 and looks empty mark the spot and check back. Don't wait until the IDOC time. The owner may have upgraded and return to drop the house.

I dug my heels in years ago and refuse to pay for a spot. I was persistent and contiued to upgrade and now have 2 towers and a custom 18x18 for my 3 accounts.

Placement tools are blessed so there's no reason not to have one in the backpack of every character!

Good luck and never, ever, give up!

T

The_Traveler

Very nice Caldwin.

I always carry a Placement tool with me because it's a handy way to check my current bank balance.

C

Caldwin_DDP

I always told ppl about checking the balance that way ... but now you can simple use the insurance menu. But keep toting that placement tool. I have nightmares that I find a castle spot and don't have a tool on me and when I return with one someone has already placed!

T

The_Traveler

And now I have that nightmare.
Thanks for sharing.

:)