• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing Transfer Issue

• Thread starter Cybrdragon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Cybrdragon

I came back to UO after a break, and my houses were decaying. I have two and they are "fairly worn" today. I reactivated three accounts (two with houses on them). I thought I could trade one off to the account with no house, then trade the other to the account I took the first house off of. Then trade them back later. But when I went to trade to the account I'd just transferred the first house off of, it won't let me trade to that account. But I haven't placed or been traded a house lately so why can't I receive one? I can't remember all the rules but I thought the 7 day timer only applied if I'd recently placed or received a house.

If this won't work, can anyone tell me how I can get the other house traded without paying for a forth account? That would be too much, really. I could have sworn I'd done this in the past successfully with one extra account.

Thanks for any suggestions. I only have a couple days left so someone please help!

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You probably didn't log onto the account that can not receive the house in trade for the required wait period in days, but the server should update your account at some point, if you keep a char logged in on that account so keep trying to trade the house to it.

If you pay for an account with a decaying house on it before it is In Danger of Collapsing, it WILL refresh and not fall. Try to not wait until the last minute though!

If you wait until it is greatly worn or in danger of collapsing, I read that you can pay for the account the decaying house is on and page a GM to refresh it for you.

Another option is to demolish the house (remove your items to a safe place if in a heavily traveled area, boats and or packys) and re-place it, but first, check the house tool to be sure you are able to place a new house without waiting.

If you are going to do house swapping between accounts, remember that TRADING a house to another account that already owns a house ALWAYS activates the 7 day timer for the account that owns 2 houses, so if you wish to avoid the 7 day timer, never own 2 houses on the same account.

Owning 2 houses same account = BAD.

You can place a new house on an account that does not own a house already and activate the 7 day timer, but if you demolish that house, the timer resets and you will be allowed to replace instantly.

I had a keep decaying in an untraveled area in Fel and paid the account at the fairly worn stage and was also getting the message that I could not accept or place a house for X amount of days because no chars had been logged in for any length of time after I placed the keep.

I solved the decaying issue by demolishing the keep and replacing it. It held nothing of real value so wasn't worried someone would steal anything that fell on the ground.

C

Cybrdragon

So you're saying that I can't trade a house to that account because it's been so long since I logged into it? It was inactive for some time.

The accounts DID refresh the houses after being re-activated for a day. I wish I had remembered this before paying for the third account and trading the first house to it!

Hopefully I will be able to get my house traded back to the first account soon, and deactivate the third account that I don't need.

Thanks for the info!

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"So you're saying that I can't trade a house to that account because it's been so long since I logged into it?"

If you didn't spend any time actually logged in on the account, the housing server didn't have the chance to recognize that it had been over 7 days since you placed the house.

Example:

I pay for 30 days of UO on my householder account and I place a house, then log out immediately after and don't spend any time actually playing on that account because I just use it to hold a house.

120 days later I pay for that account again to keep my house from falling, which is the 30 days that I paid for plus the 90 day no pay grace period before a house on an unpaid account begins to decay.

I log in and the house tool will give me the message that I have to wait 7 days to place a house on that account, even though it was actually 120 days ago that I placed that house, which is certainly more than the 7 day timer requires.

It's because the housing server never got the chance to synchronize the time I placed the house and the 120 days that had passed since due to my inactivity in game.

It wouldn't be a problem if it was on an account I logged into and actually played for any length of time to give the housing server a chance to see what I have been up to.