• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing Scams

I

Isolde

I have been away from UO for almost a year now. How much is a tower selling for nowadays? Are there any scams I should be aware of when buying a house?

G

Price really depends on the shard and the facet, and then the location...the closer you get to a moongate typically on any shard/facet, the price goes up accordingly. I suggest you go to the shard trade forum where you plan to buy for pricing. I would also suggest using the forum search feature on your chosen shard's trade forum looking for housing sales to get a more objective view of the market.

I personally don't know of any scams involving housing...if someone transfers a house to you it is done via a secure trade window, and you each have to confirm your side of the deal (for example after you place checks for the purchase price in the window, and the deed is on the seller's side of the window, when you both check your side to confirm the deal, it goes through). It is pretty straightforward. All the access is supposed to clear automatically I think after the transfer, but I'd go into the menu and verify that all access lists have been purged after receiving possession, just to make sure.

-Skylark

I

Isolde

Right! I forgot that it would be shard specific...I am on Europa/Trammel. I'll do what you suggest, thank you!

G

You could come to Legends and place a tower pretty much anywhere you want.
We have lots of room for housing here.

I

imported_Risso

There was a tower on UO Auction (Trammel I think) with a starting price of 1mil, and a buynow of 1.5, although they took that off - the listing should still be up however. Not much of a housing market these days unless you have something big, in a good position for vendors (i.e. Luna, I had trouble selling a vendorhouse on same mapscreen as Brit moongate) or in a unique position.

G

I personally haven't heard of any housing scams since the Devs changed house trading years ago to the way it is now. Sure some of the older players here remember the blank scroll scam, though...lol...had to be a sub-moron to fall for that one.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is possible -if not easy- to place a tower on europa tram atm, if you're not too picky about the location.

Off the top of my head I can remember a spot in the Wrong area, another one in the bloody plains, maybe even some large enough ones on avatar island.

Plenty of spots in Malas too.