• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing Related Question

G

Not sure if anyone can help me with this, but here it goes:

I have a house. I made a new character to replace the character that placed the house (decided on some changes early). If I delete the first character, will my new character "inherit" the house? Will the new character's name be displayed on the house sign? There are only characters #1 and #2 on this account. Thought I would ask before I press "delete"!

These characters are on the same account, so I don't think transferring is an option. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The house is bonded to the account not the character. You can delete any character ,the house will stay with you. But the character name who placed first stays as owner.

All Characters on the account are houseowners.

G

Ummm, why delete the placing character at all? If it's a matter of "damn, I picked the wrong profession!", set skills you do want to UP and the ones to drop DOWN and start retraining.

G

I don't like the character's name, hehe. :p

Was my "test" character when I returned, and I happened upon a lovely small tower plot on Moonglow Island. Having always wanted to live there before, and not knowing that the housing situation was quite different from when I left the game, I *rushed* to get that little home placed!

I could just get a name change, but that's a bit pricey (for me), especially since this character isn't far into developement. I guess I'm particular about certain things. *shrugs*

Thanks for the replies!

L

Lugh Simaldinach

If you have a second computer or the KR and 2D clients on a computer that has the resources, you could start a free trial account. You can run both clients of you start KR first. (UO Assist won't work in this case) Transfer the house to a char on the trial account, logon the one that you want to show as the house owner and transfer the house again.