• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Houses in productiion cites after merge

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_herk1287

Might as well not even exist, they wont ever be able to get on list becasue of the hours of original ealand houses, right?

I

imported_herk1287

casue if u arent on list nobody will come and u have empty house

I

imported_herk1287

it will be too ard with houses a that have 300 and more

C

Cruz Cavera

Why one list? That is retarted. Basically, if you have a house in any of the other production cities, you won't have it on the list any longer. Which isn't fair becaue you are working just as hard as the ones in EA Land. But this isn't 100% clear if there will be 1 major list or not. I sure hope there isn't

G

casue if u arent on list nobody will come

In EAL, you can just show up and be on the front page in at least 3 categories. Doesn't sound too hard to me. But I am of superior intelligence.

G

<blockquote><hr>

casue if u arent on list nobody will come

In EAL, you can just show up and be on the front page in at least 3 categories. Doesn't sound too hard to me. But I am of superior intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to add, that many of the people currently playing are going to be waiting for their production city lots and production city sims and all their fabulous rares to get to EA Land too. I would say a pretty large percentage of current sims in EA Land will be abandoned when their old skill lock having sims arrive.

I wouldn't worry over this too much.

G

you guys are assuming EA Land will get dibs on hours. My understanding is that it will still go by house hours (which I hate, as I have stated numerous times....open 24/7 does NOT equal a true #1 house!!!), so if the current number one house in AV, for instance, has more hours than the #1 house in EA Land at the time of AV's merge, the AV house will outrank the EA Land house, regardless of the fact that the EA Land house was obviously 'there first'. Is this not the way some people thought it was gonna be? It seems like from this thread that some people seem to believe that EA Land houses will have the 'home court advantage' which is not necessarily true at all. It IS true that it takes more to be #1 in a high traffic city than a low traffic one, so players whose former main city was one of the low traffic ones WILL have to work harder to keep their top ten position, but that's just par and parcel for living in a populated city, and well worth the trade off to most of actually having people to play with when they are on, especially those who play in 'oddball' time frames for whatever reason.

The fact that all some sims had to do to get on the top 100 sim list in the smaller cities has been something of a running joke, so I think I'd look at it is as a positive thing that if my name was on the new list, people could no longer say, or at least not as easily say I hadn't earned my ranking just like anybody else had. That is unless you are one with the mindset of wanting to 'keep up with the Joneses' without having to put forth the effort...but surely nobody here feels that way, do they?

Seriously, when all is said and done, I am 100% positive that the pro's of our new playing environment are going to far outweigh the con's for those who truly enjoy the 'social' aspects of online gaming and aren't 'loners' that would be better suited to just using messenger services while playing offline games as single-player endeavors. Let's focus on the positive and not the negative, especially now that we're about to have a brand new beginning?!?!

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

It's only logical, however I'm fairly sure Cntrygirl had stated when TC1 was merged into TC3, she had to re-gain her hours and did not show up on the list whatsoever. Cntrygirl, correct me if I'm putting words in your mouth.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

House hours were reset when TC merged to TC3. TC homes had to regain hours to make it on the overall top 100 list.

G

I never pay the slightest bit of attention to the top 100 so I have a question about this, are the TC3 and TC lists combined so that both show on the top 100? For some strange reason I thought someone told me they had seperate lists.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

They are combined. Several TC homes were able to recapture top rank in the top 100 lists. Although I'm sure once all cities are merged to EAland the competition and hours will be much higher than we currently have in TC3.

One thing I hate tho is that if you are in TC3 city view you cannot see properties that are open in TC using the map filter. The only way to see all skill lots in both cities using the map filter is to use far zoom to big map first.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Might as well not even exist, they wont ever be able to get on list becasue of the hours of original ealand houses, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, shucky durn - I guess there's just no reason to play then, is there?

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

No, not really. If you take the hours away from the game, what do you compete for? It'll basically be The Sims Offline with chat bubbles. Only this time you have the option to be a full blown member (fees may apply) or a "poor simizen without a house and has uber restrictions" (see "hobo")

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, not really. If you take the hours away from the game, what do you compete for? It'll basically be The Sims Offline with chat bubbles. Only this time you have the option to be a full blown member (fees may apply) or a "poor simizen without a house and has uber restrictions" (see "hobo")

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, so long then - have a nice life.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

How will we find the best houses to go to then? I don't understand. Without the competition, they're just taking away, not adding.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, so long then - have a nice life.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Donovan...
I left a long time ago :) Thanks anyways!

G

<blockquote><hr>

House hours were reset when TC merged to TC3. TC homes had to regain hours to make it on the overall top 100 list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'd *hope*, though I guess it can't be certain, that this was a bug and that the devs would know how it happened and why, and would be able to prevent it from happening again, or would just reset the top 100 list entirely so that if the merged city had to regain their hours, so would everybody else. I'm not sure how that would be accomplished though since all the cities are going to be merged separately at different times, but it would make sense that totally wiping the top 100 list would be the fairest and simplest way to ensure that EA Landers didn't gain that 'home town advantage' in any other way than having simoleans built up. Worst case scenario though, wouldn't it only take 3 maintenances or so for the merging city to regain the hours they had and fall in line with the top 100 list according to how those hours fit in with the city dynamic, provided of course that the house was open the same number of hours that it had always been but that shoudn't be an issue. If someone was available to host in the 'home city' during a specific time, then it stands to reason that unless technical issues arose beyond that player's control that they'd be available to work the same roomie shift, right? Either way even if the devs don't fix it, it sounds like it's somethign that's fixed alot quicker than recovering the simoleans that will be wiped will be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

aren't these lists going to be eliminated anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that too, but it seems that plan has been altered somewhere along the way, though I still don't know exactly when, where or how. Some people love the 'rat race' but I remember alot of people saying they were really going to enjoy not having to be open 24/7 to be 'popular anymore. I'd be interested too to know when/why the plan to do away with the top 100 lists was abandoned. I remember some opposition from those that said the "challenge" of becoming #1 was the best part of the game to them, but it doesnt' seem like the number of those posts was enough to cause the devs to change their mind. I was away for the month of December entirely though, from the boards and game and everything, so I very well could have missed it if something went down during that time frame that lead to this decision.

G

you cannot see properties that are open in TC using the map filter

If TC is still separate from TC3, that means that the two cities have not effectively been combined.

If there are going to be overall lists, then it is even more imperative that the lists show only open properties, or at least have open properties at the top. People have been asking for that for 5 years now. I guess we will have to wait till EJ is adsorbed to see what the dev's have in store for us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's only logical, however I'm fairly sure Cntrygirl had stated when TC1 was merged into TC3, she had to re-gain her hours and did not show up on the list whatsoever. Cntrygirl, correct me if I'm putting words in your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

When TC merged, we had no hours, we had to regain them to show on the list at all. My house has been at #1 since though, so it's possible to do, at least in some categories. Mine is services, and there isn't much competition for those. I still say we need the list to show all open houses, there should be no #1.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When TC merged, we had no hours, we had to regain them to show on the list at all. My house has been at #1 since though, so it's possible to do, at least in some categories. Mine is services, and there isn't much competition for those. I still say we need the list to show all open houses, there should be no #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if not numbered in order of hours, how would they be ordered....alphabetically? I can invision a lot of people naming their properties things in the same vein as "AAAAA Body House" to gain the topmost spots, since only the top 10 houses show without scrolling no matter how the top 10 are ranked, whether alphabetical, by house VH or whatever. Because of that I'd like to see the font be smaller or something so that more than 10 house names are visible without needing to scroll down the list.....to accomodate the lazy sims that can't be bothered to use the scroll bar if there's a house open in the skill they want to skill in that has space within the top 10 on the list LOL.

G

Clicking on the map filter for your chosen category shows a selection of open lots, I use that more often then checking out the lists since TC3 and now EA-Land opened.

Polly

I

imported_debslee

True this works to a certain degree Polly, but if I dont get enough minutes and no one has visited me recently, then my lot doesnt even show up on the map filter.........This has happened to me on more than one occassion...and sometimes I have to get one of my other sims to sit there, who is not a roomie so that it atleast shows up on the map filter albeit, only a few days later, after the minutes have been calculated......perhaps this is something that could be looked into?

G

Someone suggested they list according to how long the house has been open for the day, if they close and reopen they go back to bottom, that to me, sounds like a good idea. Although I see no big deal about places being named AAAAA whatever either, so a phone book listing would be fine. I think if they are open, they should show, regardless of visitor hours, or how many hours it's been open.

Just because a house is #1 with the way it works now, it certainly doesn't mean that house has the best of anything. In one category in particular, it merely means the owner has the most accounts. With all the cities merging and so many houses coming to EA Land over time, there needs to be a better way of finding them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Clicking on the map filter for your chosen category shows a selection of open lots, I use that more often then checking out the lists since TC3 and now EA-Land opened.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with that is houses in the other cities merged do not show up at all. Unless people zoom out for the bigger map, they can't see houses in the other areas.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

Someone suggested they list according to how long the house has been open for the day, if they close and reopen they go back to bottom, that to me, sounds like a good idea. Although I see no big deal about places being named AAAAA whatever either, so a phone book listing would be fine. I think if they are open, they should show, regardless of visitor hours, or how many hours it's been open.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea and it makes more sense to me....