• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Suddenly Improperly Placed, how and why?

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
House I refer to has been properly placed since i have owned it, probably two years at this point.

Have made no changes int he house recently, after a few days absence I logged in yesterday, noticed the sign now says "This House is improperly placed."

Can someone give me an idea as to what is going on here? And how this error can be fixed? No changes to the adjoining properties, btw.........

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes a patch or pub shifts the ground, and some houses come improperly placed. It might stay improperly til it falls or another patch might correct it.
this is what I did when my keep went improperly I transfer it waited 2 weeks then transfer it back about the 3rd patch it went back to properly placed.

hopefully others will give you some suggestions.
Do not drop it because you might not be able to get it back in.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely agree, do NOT drop the building to test anything, even resizing, odds are you'll not be able to rebuild on the spot.

My main house became 'improperly placed' when some of the town guardzones around Yew were redrawn on Europa (I think it was just after we finally got rid of the meer-created swamp there).

I can trade and customise the plot without problem, so I'm pretty much ignoring the status as 'improper' - although I did panic when I first noticed it had become 'illegal' it seems to have no implications other than the site would not be open for building if my house falls.

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am frightened to even attempt to transfer it for fear it will be lost in the process.

these are two properties well placed on atlantic in luna, choice real estate actually...... i hate this.

Will contact the powers that be..... wish me luck.......

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has someone placed a house near you in the last couple of days. It can change your status if it was a tower.

M

Michael Wolf

I don't think it can cause any issues as long as you don't try to re-size it. The worst I remember hearing was at one point you couldn't transfer improperly placed houses but all you got was an error telling you so. but I've never heard of one falling on it's own or during a transfer.

However, if it not a custom house don't try to make it one, converting old premades to custom can cause a problem.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one house that has said that since after the tents litterred the landscape

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most common reason for this is when a home owner behind you changes their steps if they have blocks in the front steps and the house was previously as close as it could be it shifts that one south until they lose the blocks on the front steps...

C

canary

Magincia properties have been 'improperly placed' for three years now.

Trust me, don't drop or resize and you'll be OK.