• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House signs

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone come up with a good way of using the rubble house sign hangers? I wanted to use one to denote a fortune teller's house but it doesn't look quite right really.

K

Kurgan

Lower it down by 1 or 2 spaces.. So that it looks like it is hanging there, and not on it.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, that does help some. But I guess it is just lacking the sign background

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put a rubble tall pillar in my lawn, then a sign hanger to the south, and finally half of the tapestry piece below the hanger. Might want to try a dyed Tokuno painting behind your crystal ball.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on the real boards there was a great orc-fort type house, and one thing that I stole from that was the tavern banner.... banner dyed black with dice&cup and a bottle of ale stacked in front of it.... why not try it with the crystal ball? bet it would look great :thumbup1:

okay, tried it, but I don't have one of those hangers, so I don't know if it will cover up the banner hanger..... will look good if it does, yes? might need sumpin else on there, along with the ball.....

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try a set of bolas, Hoffs, just beneath the rubble sign hanger, and try to make it look like the crystal ball is suspended from the string. -Skylark

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the suggestions, but on balance I will probably keep it as it is. The dyed Tok painting would probably have been great but unfortunately it does not line up with the crystal ball on the end part of the hanger. The bola doesn't seem to work either as when placed at a reasonable height it shows in front of the ball.

The banner is a great idea and for a normal sized house would be fine I think. Unfortunately this is a small part of a multi-house design (largely copied from these boards!) and I think the banner tends to look out of scale. It looks better when placed on the right-hand side, but still too large.

K

Kurgan

I would raise the cball about 2 spaces. To center it on the banner.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its not perfect, but its something..

used a wooden bown, a bola, rubble oflures, and rubble signpost.

:)