• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House placing question

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone, I have a real quick question and I can't find an answer anywhere. If I go to Test and see a Keep in pretty much the same location as my side by sides, but I see a tree that might hinder placement. Since the Keep is on Test, should I be able to put a Keep there also?

F

feath

Not guaranteed. Different shards have little things that may block a placement, even though it will place on another shard.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The test shard usually takes "images" from other shards which are identical to a production shard. There are many houses that have been placed before certain housing limitations. Some plants you could place over before can't be placed. In Felucca there are a handful of seer and gm placed items like forges and anvils that you cannot place over. Solen ant holes and the dirt from them are the biggest. And of course a handful of box axed items that are stuck in place.

Another thing not many players do not realize which can be used as a tactic to block placing of a house (works with keeps due to the keeps towers [or back rooms] not matching the same tile size on the north side of the keep) is to place a small house as close as you can between the two "towers". With custom houses the stairs will cut the tile placement back a square haulting the placement of a keep in that exact spot.

To test if you can place a house at a certain location find a desolate shard that does not have a house at that location and test place there (without placing of course!). This still does not guarantee your chances the more tests the better.

There are quirks to the house placement tools where a temporary house will fit, appear then disappear etc etc. Its always a risk.

If you plan on resizing a house to a keep or castle have your macro's set up (last target or uoa etc). Its also best to have a character that can hide/stealth track and detect hidden. Even if a house is in trammel you can still track a hidden player.