• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House placement question

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the scenario, tell me how it ends;

I have a tower, placed 2 weeks ago. I take possession of a Keep and drop the tower. I can place a castle in the Keeps location. Can I drop the Keep and place a castle or am I bound by the housing timer for a week?

An inquiring mind wants to know..

M

Marcus Blackwell

Nope long as you dont have a house on the account you can place any time even if the timer says you cant..the timer will only stop you from transfering a house for a week..just make sure there's no other houses on the account when you drop.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a little confused..not surprising...

I currently own the keep, that I bought today... didn't place it..bought it. I dropped the now condemned Tower that was already on the account when I bought the Keep. That leaves the bought Keep on the account..

So can I drop the Keep and place the castle?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's the scenario, tell me how it ends;

I have a tower, placed 2 weeks ago. I take possession of a Keep and drop the tower. I can place a castle in the Keeps location. Can I drop the Keep and place a castle or am I bound by the housing timer for a week?

An inquiring mind wants to know..
If you are on Europa gimma a buzz 276 556 697 just in case something goes wrong and you need emergency help

you should be fine, as Marcus says but this IS uo after all:)

M

Marcus Blackwell

I am a little confused..not surprising...

I currently own the keep, that I bought today... didn't place it..bought it. I dropped the now condemned Tower that was already on the account when I bought the Keep. That leaves the bought Keep on the account..

So can I drop the Keep and place the castle?
since the keep is the only house on the account yes you can drop it to place something else but what I would do is use the resize option.. just stand under the house sign and say I wish to resize my house.. got to be on the porch though near the sign.. this will give you an hour to place something without fear of something just happening by and placing out from under you.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you guys sure? I was under the impression that accepting a house by trade always put you on the timer, no matter what you did with it after. As does having two houses on your account at one time even if you drop both of them.

L

Llwyd

Are you guys sure? I was under the impression that accepting a house by trade always put you on the timer, no matter what you did with it after. As does having two houses on your account at one time even if you drop both of them.
I thought so, too. Placing is one thing. A transfer is not the same. Good luck, Widow Maker (and please let everyone know if it works if you decide to try).

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has been my experience (and i have been addicted to placing houses for a long time) that while under the house placement timer, as long as you don't have a house on the account, you can place a house. I did this just yesterday, I had traded my house to another account, then placed a house. I then noticed that a larger house would fit, so I dropped it again and placed a larger one.

One thing to note though, under the restriction it is instant placement, meaning that you don't get the acceptance gump. The house just plops down at the spot you put it. and I don't know about the resizing thing I have never used it. also you have to wait an hour between destructs if you don't like the placement.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with Sarsmi on this one.
If he just received a house in trade within the last week the timer should stop him from placing for a week. Even if he drops it.
I'd wait a week or at the very least have an account on hand that hasn't done a house trade for the past week.

L

Llwyd

I had traded my house to another account, then placed a house. I then noticed that a larger house would fit, so I dropped it again and placed a larger one.
You traded the house to another account, but would the same rule apply if you had received the house just before trading it? That is what I believe is unclear. I believe receiving a house from someone else may be what keeps the timer going.

I guess someone will have to test this at some point.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not telling them it's ok to do it, simply throwing in my 2 cents worth. I have a lot of experience in house placing under these circumstances but when its a location I really expect to have competition over, I always wait for the timer to be over to be sure. to the OP, if you are worried you are going to lose the spot, I would just wait for the timer to go away.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have placed and used the resize option a few times. Just stand on front steps and say 'I wish to reize my house'. You will get a gump asking if you are sure you want to resize, click yes. Your house will disappear and you have 1 hour to place new house. You only get the one shot per hour. Your house placement tool will say you have to wait the 7 days, but you dont if resizing. Just make sure you have it figured out where castle will fit. Pretty much everything amarcus told ya lol.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you are traded a house the 7 day timer starts. It cannot be reset by dropping the Keep. Wait the one week.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been my experience (and i have been addicted to placing houses for a long time) that while under the house placement timer, as long as you don't have a house on the account, you can place a house. I did this just yesterday, I had traded my house to another account, then placed a house. I then noticed that a larger house would fit, so I dropped it again and placed a larger one.

One thing to note though, under the restriction it is instant placement, meaning that you don't get the acceptance gump. The house just plops down at the spot you put it. and I don't know about the resizing thing I have never used it. also you have to wait an hour between destructs if you don't like the placement.
The OPs scenario is not the same as yours. He said he just received the Keep in trade. Thus the 7 day timer is activated and can't be reset.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can place 10 houses in one day as long as you got rid of the last one,by either dropping the house or trading it away,the timer is only for trading houses to you

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can place 10 houses in one day as long as you got rid of the last one,by either dropping the house or trading it away,the timer is only for trading houses to you
Which is exactly what the OP said was done. You might reread his posts.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is true but in the case of a keep/castle, I would not take a chance. Or just stand under the house sign and say "I wish to resize my house" and place a castle in place of the keep rather than dropping and replacing. The system has screwed me at times and bound me to the timer even though I had no houses on the account. Just be careful. Also know that if you have stuff in the house and you do the resize thing, all your stuff drops to the ground.

EDIT: AND if you are not able to get that castle to go, just replace it with the keep and call it good.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grab a housing tool and try to use it. If you are on a timer it will tell you that you have 14967 minutes (or some number of minutes) until you can place.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grab a housing tool and try to use it. If you are on a timer it will tell you that you have 14967 minutes (or some number of minutes) until you can place.
Yeah but if he drops the house, the timer "usually" won't mean anything. I have dropped houses over and over in the same day and with the same account and was able to place immediately afterwards (as long as you own no other homes on the that account) I just don't think I would take that chance on such a large house. I would try the resize thing or just wait.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but if he drops the house, the timer "usually" won't mean anything. I have dropped houses over and over in the same day and with the same account and was able to place immediately afterwards (as long as you own no other homes on the that account) I just don't think I would take that chance on such a large house. I would try the resize thing or just wait.
What you said is absolutely correct, but it didn't involve receiving a house in trade such as the OP stated is how he got possession of the keep.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you said is absolutely correct, but it didn't involve receiving a house in trade such as the OP stated is how he got possession of the keep.
Well then I agree and would just wait it out to be on the safe side. Someone will snag that spot in a second if the OP screws it up lol ALTHOUGH, I have received houses in trade, dropped them and replaced them. It's too iffy though. Just wait it out.