• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House placement cursor and ghost foundation not matching?

G

I'm looking to place a house were an IDOC house is but I have a problem. My house placement cursor and the ghosted foundation is not matching up. And its not a little off either.

My brother just has to put the cursor one tile to the right to place right were he wants it. But mine, mine looks like this.

There is no way I can place a big house on top of another with a margin of error that big. Is there anyway to fix that? It's been like that since I first placed my house over a month ago.
If I can't fix it, does anyone have any tips on placing a house over an IDOC without the help of the ghosted foundation. Would going a couple sizes smaller help this without allowing someone else to place right next to me and taking a big house plot.

Thank you.

I

imported_Spiritless

I don't think the ghost has ever matched my cursor.

G

Is your gold banded game window in the upper left corner of your play screen? If you have it anywhere else, it won't line up.

G

Yup, My uo window is dead center of my monitor.
Well at least it's an easy fix.

Thank you for the help.

G

Greatfellow

Wow! Didn't know you could line it up by placing your play window in upper left. Sheesh! All this time I've been memorizing where the foundations fell for small "test placement" houses, dropping a gold coin or heal bottle on the proper spot, and then placing the actual larger house according to my marker. Actually, I've gotten so that if there was any unique landscape feature within a couple tiles of where my marker would be placed, I could skip the marker. Hmmm. A totally unnecessary skill I perfected. *sighs* One of many.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A totally unnecessary skill I perfected. *sighs* One of many.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all have those. I can blow bubbles just using soapy water and my hands. And every once in a while when I do dishes...you get the picture.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all have those. I can blow bubbles just using soapy water and my hands. And every once in a while when I do dishes...you get the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

*pages furiously on Sarsmi for using Bubble Hax IRL*

-Skylark

P.S.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*pages furiously on Sarsmi for using Bubble Hax IRL*

-Skylark

P.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not hurting anyone else! I just do it so I can compete! Errr....

G

Greatfellow

You peeps kill me! Glad I don't have the only useless skills. But I do have a LOT of useless skills.

For instance, I know how to make a rubber band fly further and faster than usual when you shooot if from yer fingertip. Yup, learned that in college from a very smart guy who wanted an edge when having rubber band wars at his house. oh hell, never mind. sorry bout that.

I would like to see Sarsmi blow the bubbles, though.

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

Is your gold banded game window in the upper left corner of your play screen? If you have it anywhere else, it won't line up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very nice information. Sloppy coding on the developer's behalves, but good to know. Should probably be in an FAQ somewhere if it isn't already.

Thanks much.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*contains internal scream of OMG!!!!!!!!

i cannot believe that all these years of placing i have been so frustrated only because i did not realize i needed to move my game play window.

Thank you to the OP for the post and the answer given by the replyer.

G

OMG I have to read this area alot more often......hehe this is funny cause I had that problem for many years... it not only effects house placement but it also effects boat placement. Was about a year or so ago someone "enlightened" me.. I had always had my game play window in the bottom left corner of my screen... still do infact (unless I'm trying to be exact.... so I often wonder if I can't place right.... does this effect my trying to hit someone while chasing them?????? What else does it effect?? And if it effects more stuff than just house and boat placement....... WHY do they allow you to move the window in the first place???? If it isn't calibrated with the actual game when you move it wouldn't you think it would be wiser to not allow the movement?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

wiser

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> there's the trouble

do I get a cookie??
</font>

G

*grins and laughs then hands out a cookie*..... I just have always wondered that ever since I found out that little bit of hidden knowledge... Kinda like the 3 months I spent thinking the "Circle of Transparency" was a spell and kept asking people where I could get it..... Most annoying for so long..... everyone would just laugh and then yell "NOOB!!" .... (rolls eyes).... ah the joys of being young... Sometimes I miss those days.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
! !!!!!!

Hmm...does it affect spells, archery, etc? And I didnt know it also affected boat placement.

Hmmmmm! Ding ding ding...thats why I stink at pvp!!