• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Pets.

M

Mr Artifact

i was thinking an idea we have aquariums with there own rewards for taking care of the fish so i don't know how this sounds to you all but as someone who feels the more variety the better depending on what it is of course maybe we can have cages or tanks for at least some of the species i am about to name like for instance lizards,ferrets,snakes,spiders,turtles,frogs,toads,rats,birds,baby dragons and maybe ants and ant farms for them too. i know we have parrots on a perch but as for these birds these will be different and can be put in cages and each pet should be small enough to fit in a artificial habitat so most will be mini versions of what we normally see in UO. each artificial habitat should be animated so we can view them and each habitat should have multiple rewards for taking care of our pets. as for the baby dragons maybe they be trained and grow out of there cages and eventually become a powerful rideable dragon that can be stabled once it is fully grown just a thought. [/list] imported and modified a bit from a old idea of mine on the ideas den.

G

So many things to appeal to the players... I would like a house cat and a brewery. *nods*

K

Kratos Aurion

any pet that be be added to a house as an invulnerable target yet be able to walk the boundaries of the house would be a +

Ive wanted them for years but so far nothing

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

What Kelmo said!!

*wants a house kitty*

[/ QUOTE ]

What Oriana said!!

*wants 12 house kitties*

J

Justy

I totally agree here. I've suggested something similar in the past. The low level tameables have no combat value, so I think using them as house pets or house familiars would be a great idea.

M

Mr Artifact

thanks for all the possative comments so far i wasnt sure how the idea would go. i wouldnt mind a house kitty or doggy either myself maybe even the dragon i suggested can guard our houses from unwanted players in fel and unwanted monsters everywhere maybe the doggys can too.

G

I want house rats for my abandoned house design. Cobwebs too, but thats another story.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I would pay gold to keep kitty happy. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like gold sink.

Smells like gold sink.

Feels like gold sink.

Must be gold sink!

Trading gold for house kitties!

Smells like gelfling!

I

imported_SavageSP

But then youd have to buy the 500K Litter Box they made as a "Gold Sink" or rename your player Town to "Stinky Town"

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or for 1.5 mil you could buy the LitterMaid litterbox, and never have to scoop the box again!
Seriously VERY cool idea! They should add different dog and cats breed for each facet...Like Siamese kittys and Shi-tzus dogs in Toko, tram. Domestic Shorthair Cats and Breed NON-specific dogs(Mutts). Fel Dobermann Pinchers dogs and Maine Coon cats, and in Ish...Dachshunds(WEENIE DOGS!!!), and Sphynx cats(Hairless kittys)

Just a elaboration on the OP's idea!!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We used to have a little cat running around the house. It was there for weeks. But with some changes they go poof after a while! I would love a little pet again in the house.

S

StarlaUO

I would like to house my neon purple bunnies, squirrels, and ferrets.

G

House Pets &lt;3.

I would *love* to have turtles and tortoises in UO. Maybe even rideable versions. How cool would that be?
I can see a little turtle lounging about in my small tower already...maybe sunbathing on the roof!

I always feel a bit lonely without a furry friend scurrying about the house. My magical home seems incomplete without a friendly feline companion.

L

legs

Cats and Dogs for certain........ maybe rabbits and some chicken in a coop in the yard?

and, at a decent price per day per pet. gold sink could work quite well....

sure beats having chicken fights.... so inhumane....

G

<blockquote><hr>

So many things to appeal to the players... I would like a house cat and a brewery. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]ditto!

T

Time Keeper

great idea i always wanted a furry little pet in my uo house.

G

Maybe a variation on the existing personal attendant deeds, but you get a pet instead of a herald. Your pet stays in the house, but is a mobile NPC like the other town NPCs that can "wander" a bit in their area, and trigger sound/animations like our vet reward &amp; museum statues when players approach.

-Skylark

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember back when I had 2 birds in my house one blue and one red as house pets for so long. I dont understand why DEV made mobs despawn. Real vets know what I am talking about. For the new comers having house pets WERE so great.

G

Not only do I love this idea on the face of it (wants a house cat!) it would also solve some of those pesky stable slot issues! I have to ride my horse (rather than ethy) into battle where it is sure to die because I have a squirrel that was presented to me (and of course a blue beetle, which rightly belongs in a stable!). If my squirrel, ferret, bunny, chicken could be kept at home ... what a difference it would be!

S

scarletmoon

ooo me too... I want my squirells running around my house!!!!!!!