• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House ideas

• Thread starter Bill Gates OSD
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bill Gates OSD

Ok, so I bought Andrasta's house that is one screen directly due south of the Ter Mur public moongate and I like the general design of the house but have changed some of the materials. What I would like to do is put a natural looking area outside for vendors.

One gent who put out runes to his vendor house in Tokuno had a vendor looking into the window named, "A peeping Tom" and I thought that was a wonderful idea but, I'd like to have my place still look like a well kept and decorated home but have the vendors blend in and look natural.

If you are feeling generous and would like to help, please go by and take a look at the house. It is set to private while I move my things into it and do a little bit of minor redesigning. Thanks!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while my vendors do not sell anything (they are for display of Legends crafters goods) I have them scattered about doing different jobs.. two of them poised with a cannon on the northwest tower, one in the kitchen cooking, another gardening... I need to set up more and look forward to more ideas

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dev, the guildhall in cow town has npc vendors doing similar things. a black smith, a secretary, a meeting going on, mercenaries to guad the doors, a man in the watch tower.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen vendor tea-parties (Alice in Wonderland themed, no less!). Those always look nice, and give the vendors a purpose while keeping them in one area for easy browsing. You could probably also do vendor miners, lumberjacks, warriors etc in a little wilderness-deco'd area, or try for a vendor crafting corner with the vendors manning looms, dye tubs, anvils, etc (which of course you could also leave open to the public - buy goods and dye your clothes in one place!). I once did a vendor-GM (using a very old tutorial, hehe). He looked great and I imagine you could do an entire council of seers, counselors and GMs on your steps if you liked! :p

Good luck and have fun with your vendors! :D